Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2014, 07:39 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,245,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atkutuq View Post
Man is fallible God isn't. God's word has a built in mechanism to prove it is the way God intended it to be.

You can argue with me all day long and spout all the stupid facts you want but the truth is.. If just one letter of the bible is changed the Torah would not have the hepdatic structure of 7's which are built in to prove God is the Author and He doesn't make mistakes.

NOTICE: GOD USED every misfit of society to put his book together.. He is the AUTHOR - Get over it.
Only someone who has turned certain centers of his brain off could use the phrase "stupid facts" and think he's making a point - or sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2014, 08:04 PM

20,444 posts, read 12,827,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Well, He did make a promise about that according to your Bible: "I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may be with you forever; 17that is the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it does not see Him or know Him, but you know Him because He abides with you and will be in you.."

Do you believe your Bible?
You're quoting "Vizio's" Bible to make your point. Doesn't that make it your Bible too? Do you see the hypocrisy?

Old 10-02-2014, 08:34 PM

63,949 posts, read 40,236,649 times
Quote:
Well, He did make a promise about that according to your Bible: "I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may be with you forever; 17that is the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it does not see Him or know Him, but you know Him because He abides with you and will be in you.."
Well done!

Old 10-02-2014, 09:47 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,950,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
You're quoting "Vizio's" Bible to make your point. Doesn't that make it your Bible too? Do you see the hypocrisy?
No, Jimmy. The point I am making here is that Vizio claims absolute authority for the Bible, but he doesn't seem to believe and act on this passage. As matter of fact, I don't think I ever got an answer from you concerning the question I raised. How do YOU see the position of the Spirit Jesus promised and do you believe that promise.

The difference between Vizio's Bible (really, what I am getting at it his attitude toward the Bible as you should be able to understand) and mine is that Vizio views it as authority beyond which the Spirit can not or does not go and I view it as a tool for the Spirit to use as appropriate and to bypass when other tools are better for the job.

I have explained this many times, jimmie. Tell me if you get it this time, ok?

Old 10-03-2014, 05:27 AM

88,733 posts, read 85,100,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
whats wrong with love the sinner hate the sin?
Because it's pretty clear that most people who spout that really don't love the "sinner"at all.

Also, once you've airily decided that so-and-so is a sinner, you've just crossed a line.

Old 10-03-2014, 05:57 AM

10,125 posts, read 14,008,752 times
Quote:
No, Jimmy. The point I am making here is that Vizio claims absolute authority for the Bible, but he doesn't seem to believe and act on this passage. As matter of fact, I don't think I ever got an answer from you concerning the question I raised. How do YOU see the position of the Spirit Jesus promised and do you believe that promise.

The difference between Vizio's Bible (really, what I am getting at it his attitude toward the Bible as you should be able to understand) and mine is that Vizio views it as authority beyond which the Spirit can not or does not go and I view it as a tool for the Spirit to use as appropriate and to bypass when other tools are better for the job.

I have explained this many times, jimmie. Tell me if you get it this time, ok?
But wouldn't you have to believe the authority of the Bible first to believe that passage? You are hurting your point and making his point. You aren't even going to view that scripture in that way if you don't consider the Bible to be the word of God.

Old 10-03-2014, 07:10 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,228,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Because the Bible is NOT God's Son . . . Christ IS.
How do you know that? Where did you hear it?

Old 10-03-2014, 07:11 AM

Quote:

Sounds like you depend on the Bible *gasp!* that written book!

Old 10-03-2014, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Is that a serious comment about the treatment of the LGBT community or a snide, sarcastic remark?
It's a serious comment. Why is it that you believe Jesus never directly addressed the needs of the "LGBT community"? If approximatly 1% - 3% of people are born gay....wouldn't that have been the same ratio in Palestine 2000 years ago? Why didn't Jesus ever do anything to directly help them? He had a perfect opportunity to set it straight!

Why didn't he? We get told all the time that Jesus never condemned homosexuality....well, I don't see any text that says he endorsed or promoted it, either. Why is that?

Old 10-03-2014, 08:21 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,950,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justtitans View Post
But wouldn't you have to believe the authority of the Bible first to believe that passage? You are hurting your point and making his point. You aren't even going to view that scripture in that way if you don't consider the Bible to be the word of God.
No, justtitans, I don't have to believe the authority of the Bible, I have to believe the authority of the Spirit that confirms the truth of the passage, Get it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity