Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2014, 08:04 PM

10,125 posts, read 14,006,245 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Are you admitting that you are not introspective?
Are you suggesting that I am not Christian?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2014, 08:33 PM

34,941 posts, read 36,318,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justtitans View Post
Are you suggesting that I am not Christian?
What would make you think such a thing?

You bristled at the notion that Christians should be introspective. So, I asked why you reacted that way.

Old 10-08-2014, 08:34 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,942,152 times
Quote:
The Bible doesn't say. That's all we actually know definitively.
So the wives appeared out of thin air? They had to come through Eve. No other way, is there? And as such, incest occurred. There is no way around it.

Old 10-08-2014, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Your question is not even reasonable because I only stated that there is nothing in the Bible that indicates they had a incestuous relationship. That is all I said. I am not saying anything about if recordkeeping is valid or not. Why are you arguing with me so much and implying things I never said?
Nothing indicates it except:

The bible says there were two people. One a man, the other a woman. Adam and Eve. So, with the ability to reproduce at the time requiring one of each, and there only being one woman, she was the only one able to produce other women. Her daughters.

Cain married a woman. It could only have come from Eve, and that means it was his sister.

There. is. no. other. explanation.

Old 10-08-2014, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
So the wives appeared out of thin air? They had to come through Eve. No other way, is there? And as such, incest occurred. There is no way around it.
Or God created them. Again, the Bible doesn't say one or the other. Agree to disagree and move on.

Old 10-08-2014, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
Nothing indicates it except:

The bible says there were two people. One a man, the other a woman. Adam and Eve. So, with the ability to reproduce at the time requiring one of each, and there only being one woman, she was the only one able to produce other women. Her daughters.

Cain married a woman. It could only have come from Eve, and that means it was his sister.

There. is. no. other. explanation.
Does the Bible say they are the only people created? Does the Bible say that Adam, Eve, Cain and Abel were the only beings on earth?

If you want to believe that it was incest then that is your choice, but all I have said, for the 10th time, is that the Bible does not provide any definitive proof that there was an incestuous relationship.

Old 10-08-2014, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Or God created them. Again, the Bible doesn't say one or the other. Agree to disagree and move on.
No, the writers of the bible like to insert gawd done it at every conceivable moment. If gawd had created more in that myth, we would have heard about it, loud and proud.

Old 10-08-2014, 08:49 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,654,795 times
JustTitans - How do gays/lesbians harm society? Please answer. If you do not, I will assume that try as you might, you cannot think of a singe way.

Old 10-08-2014, 08:51 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,237,514 times
Quote:
And again you deflect.
Really? You don't like that I stand up for people?

Deal with it.

Old 10-08-2014, 08:54 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,103,925 times
Quote:
Does the Bible say they are the only people created? Does the Bible say that Adam, Eve, Cain and Abel were the only beings on earth?

If you want to believe that it was incest then that is your choice, but all I have said, for the 10th time, is that the Bible does not provide any definitive proof that there was an incestuous relationship.
But is the Bible really known for leaving out acts of God? I mean, God seems pretty prevalent and important in the Bible. Hell, the first three commandments only talk about God (I'd put not killing first, but that's just me). If God created more people, it seems unlikely that would be left out.

All though, I agree with you to some extent. I don't think their was incest between Eve and her children. I however don't think Eve existed, so that might be why...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity