Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2014, 11:21 AM

10,688 posts, read 7,728,352 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
I could say Kleptomania is in the DNA. It is part of their being. Does that mean society should excuse their behavior and let them steal?

With your logic, Kleptomania can not be a sin.
Poor analogy. Kleptomania is definitely sin against others. How is homosexuality a negative influence on your life?

In fact, it is a "positive" influence, because you can "positively" say that God hates gays while meaning in your heart of hearts that God doesn't hate you--when He does. Your sin, whatever it is--and it's there--is as positively disgusting to God as homosexuality is to you.

Why then are you concerned about the splinter in the other man's eye when you won't even address the plank in your own?

P.S. The principle of leaving judgment to God is taught in the Bible as well--and ignored continuously by fundies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2014, 11:23 AM

11,162 posts, read 7,652,371 times
Quote:
I could say Kleptomania is in the DNA. It is part of their being. Does that mean society should excuse their behavior and let them steal?

With your logic, Kleptomania can not be a sin.
Has science proven kleptomania is in DNA?

Old 10-09-2014, 11:53 AM

45,655 posts, read 27,282,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
Homosexuals are created by God. Homosexuality is in DNA. Homosexuality is sin. God did not put sin in anyone.

Do you see the flaw with this logic? It contradicts itself.
It contradicts itself because what you posted is not true. Neither is it representative of what I said.

God directly created Adam without sin. He created Eve directly from Adam. They sinned and corrupted themselves and all that come from them through physical birth. The resulting corruption is not from God.

Everyone is corrupted in some way, but it's not from God.

Old 10-09-2014, 01:23 PM

45,655 posts, read 27,282,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
If you want to set your personal priorities by perceptions in the Bible, go for it. My question, for which I have received no valid answer is "on what basis should you impose your perceptions on others when there has been no indication of harm resulting from committed same sex relationships?"

As to the OP, no explanation of the values of relationship is going to overcome the prejudice of the ones claiming biblical authority and as far as society is concerned the OP is asking the wrong question.
Maybe I have not said it clearly to you directly. We shouldn't impose. Unbelievers can not change (or withhold themselves from sin) on their own. They need Christ.

The OP was intended to look at this from a design and relevancy standpoint - and to get other real answers besides insults. Mostly here - I have gotten...

• It's none of my business
  • The Bible doesn't matter
  • Animals do it.
  • Stay out of their bedroom
  • It's not harmful and it hurts no one
  • It is normal
  • Jesus Himself said nothing about it
  • It's in the DNA
  • God created homosexuals

What am I missing?

Last edited by DRob4JC; 10-09-2014 at 01:39 PM..

Old 10-09-2014, 01:26 PM

10,096 posts, read 5,751,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
Poor analogy. Kleptomania is definitely sin against others. How is homosexuality a negative influence on your life?

In fact, it is a "positive" influence, because you can "positively" say that God hates gays while meaning in your heart of hearts that God doesn't hate you--when He does. Your sin, whatever it is--and it's there--is as positively disgusting to God as homosexuality is to you.

Why then are you concerned about the splinter in the other man's eye when you won't even address the plank in your own?

P.S. The principle of leaving judgment to God is taught in the Bible as well--and ignored continuously by fundies.

"Positive" vs "negative" is merely a matter of personal opinion or perspective. I am willing to bet that the Christian wedding cake baker who lost their business certainly thinks homosexuality had a negative influence.

God does hate all sin, but as Christians, we are called to repentance and can be forgiven. Paul even instructs us to cut off fellowship with other Christians if they continue in a sinful lifestyle. See 1 Corinthians 5:11-13.

A homosexual lifestyle is willful constant resistance to repenting and turning away from the sin. You are wrong in that the Bible never teaches us to judge. Verses like 2 Timothy 2:25-26 instruct believers to correct people who are headed down the path of destruction. And how do you explain John 7:24 which talks about judging with righteous judgement?

Old 10-09-2014, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Does stealing harm others in a society? Yes.

Does someone being in a homosexual relationship harm others in a society? No.
This:

Quote:

While anyone who has sex can get an STD, sexually active gay, bisexual and other men who have sex with men (MSM) are at greater risk. In addition to having higher rates of syphilis, more than half of all new HIV infections occur among MSM. Many factors contribute to the higher rates of STDs among MSM:
Higher rates of HIV and STDs among MSM increase a person’s risk of coming into contact with an infected partner and becoming infected themselves.
Certain behaviors- such as not using condoms regularly and having anal sex - increase STD risk.
Homophobia, stigma, and discrimination can negatively influence the health of gay, bisexual, and other men who have sex with men.

Gay Men and STDs | Sexually Transmitted Diseases | CDC

Are you going to tell me spreading STDS is not harmful for society?

Old 10-09-2014, 01:40 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,227,729 times
Quote:

You do know straight Christians get STDs, right?

Old 10-09-2014, 01:55 PM

17,164 posts, read 11,414,897 times
Quote:
This:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post

Right, so should straight relationships be banned, too?

If anything, this speaks to monogamy being beneficial, whether straight or gay.

Old 10-09-2014, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
And exactly how does that take away from the factual point that homosexual behavior is much more dangerous and spreads diseases a lot more?

Besides, the odds of a Christian couple (married as virgins and remaining faithful) contracting a STD is very very low.

Old 10-09-2014, 02:16 PM

634 posts, read 898,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
Do you seriously believe that people think sexual sins are more offensive than murder? Really?
I'm so glad to be an atheist homosexual with no gawd to answer to.

In order to not appear to be a troll, I guess I will have to come up with something OT, so....if your gawd invented everybody, he also invented homosexuals, thereby making the associated behavior valid. You don't actually believe homosexual theists sit around playing canista every night do you?

With everything your bible forbids, why are theists always stuck on one or two things?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity