Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2014, 11:17 AM

4,685 posts, read 6,134,447 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kradmelder View Post
Why must Christianity be perfect? It is a religion of man who is imperfect, which is based on a book on man's interpretation of the word of God, and man's interpretation of how to behave and worship. Man is not perfect. Only God is. So the flaws in Christianity have always existed and will always exist. It is a framework on which man can find his peace with his maker. As its says in Corinthians, it doesn't matter how you pray, as long as you pray.

God also gave man free will. If you use that free will to be atheistic and negate his existence, that doesn't negate his existence. It just means you choose not to believe. Which is a right God gave man. That is why I have no problem with atheists. They do not negate my faith. Only their own.
The issue is with many atheists n here are that they always seem to pick one of the horrible events in the OT and then try to base God off that to make themselves feel better for their unbelief. They never show how God provided and took care of people that followed him and his commands.

God said follow his commands or he will punish you. A child is brought up in the ways on an adult, so if you had wicked adults in the OT, God pretty would have to destroy that whole family to make sure the wickedness doesnt spread through the child as they became adults. He is in charge so he can do what ever he wants.

Old 11-06-2014, 11:27 AM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Then why are Christians not allowed to discussion their beliefs in the atheist forum? Seems like a double standard to me.
Because Christian beliefs and trying to persuade others of them are reserved for - you guessed it - the Christianity forum. Atheism is for the atheism forum. If you want to discuss the merits/demerits of atheism in the atheism forum then you are free to do so as far as I am aware. If you think that is a double standard then take it up with the mods.

Old 11-06-2014, 11:50 AM

16,663 posts, read 15,658,096 times
Quote:
Well we can always strike back and go stir on the muslim and jewish forums
I wouldn't advise it. Since this has already been brought up, there would be no purpose in issuing a warning should such a thing occur from a post from anyone posting in this thread.

Quote:
Then why are Christians not allowed to discussion their beliefs in the atheist forum? Seems like a double standard to me.
As as been mentioned MANY times before, the Administrator (owner) of City-Data posted a rule against it when he decided to create the Atheism & Agnosticism forum. His forum. His rules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
Because Christian beliefs and trying to persuade others of them are reserved for - you guessed it - the Christianity forum. Atheism is for the atheism forum. If you want to discuss the merits/demerits of atheism in the atheism forum then you are free to do so as far as I am aware. If you think that is a double standard then take it up with the mods.
There is nothing about the Administrator's rule to discuss with the Moderators. We didn't make the rule. Neither did the Senior Moderators. The owner of this site wants it to be that way, so it is.

Old 11-06-2014, 11:50 AM

9,908 posts, read 9,581,430 times
Well now the Christians get to witness to the unbelievers and maybe they will get saved. they wont go to church, so God brings them here to listen to us.

Old 11-06-2014, 12:04 PM

45 posts, read 59,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
I wouldn't advise it. Since this has already been brought up, there would be no purpose in issuing a warning should such a thing occur from a post from anyone posting in this thread.

As as been mentioned MANY times before, the Administrator (owner) of City-Data posted a rule against it when he decided to create the Atheism & Agnosticism forum. His forum. His rules.

There is nothing about the Administrator's rule to discuss with the Moderators. We didn't make the rule. Neither did the Senior Moderators. The owner of this site wants it to be that way, so it is.
some people have no sense of humour.

Old 11-06-2014, 12:20 PM

23,129 posts, read 10,431,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post
There is a pervasive, ever-increasing drumbeat of ‘false doctrine’ and outright heresy on this ‘Christian Forum!’ (Atheism, Gnosticism, Universalism, etc.). It often seem like non-Christians and/or Bible-rejecters and detractors are so persistently vocal here, that they sidetrack almost every thread and dominate the forum with their secular nonsense. (They are like the Ephesian mob that was so consumed with shouting about the greatness of Artemis and the goddess Diana, they were beyond hearing God’s truth or sound doctrine – Acts 19:21-41). Sadly, the shocking arrogance and ridicule of these self-proclaimed ‘liberal thinkers’ likely distracts some God-seekers from recognizing the empty human philosophies and lack of sound doctrine in their persistent shouts.

Christianity asserts that there is one source of Truth and that is the Bible, the inspired, inerrant Word of the living God, the only infallible rule of faith and practice (John 17:17;2 Timothy 3:15-17;Hebrews 4:12). It is God’s written revelation to mankind and is never superseded by man’s thoughts, ideas, writings, or visions. Nor did God reveal His plan and ways, so that arrogant men could approve the parts they like …and renounce the rest. The early Bereans, like the faithful today, “were more noble than ‘others’ in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so” (Acts 17:11). Christ Himself also consistently and repeatedly referenced and affirmed the Scriptures throughout His earthly ministry.

My question is: Do enough faithful Christians (or at least true seekers) remain on this ‘Christian Forum’, to make continuing to lift-up the truth here worthwhile?’ … Or has this Forum become so overwhelmed by a large mob of shouters, that very few remain who are still willing to endure (or even hear) sound Bible doctrine? If the latter is the case, it is probably time for me (as have many other committed, Christ-seeking, Bible-believing Christians before me) … to move on.

I am new to this forum and already I have found a lot of very wise people. I am a person to ask about forums because I have been speaking on forums every day, all day since there was forums.

I would give this forum very high rates so far.

The moderators seem to be most excellent, and the forum has enough life to sustain itself in the varying different opinions and beliefs.

A forum aint no fun with a bunch of people who think alike trying to hold down a club, and a club is what you find when entering forums.

Half the people are trying to protect their territory and so you come in walking softly until people get to know you.

What is our job as believers JG?

We are all like little aunts that never stop day, hour after hour, day after day, and the goal shouldn't be just to commune with people who think alike, the goal should be to mix in with everyone, and religion has been GREATLY refined by all forums since there were forums.

In the beginning, you couldn't even find a single person who believed in Messianic Judaism, but just in the last couple decades, the feasts of Christ are being learned more and more, and accepted more and more.

This didn't happen from Christians just talking with Christians, everyone is a part of a refinement going on in the world, and the forums like this one has done such a great work in the mixing of different opinions.

Christians may cringe around some Atheists, but Atheists have the greatest job of all.

Atheists continuously refine what Christians believe for the good, not the bad.

An Atheist begins to engage the Christian saying,'' Look, Jesus didn't even live, and Christianity was invented by Pagan myths.''

It sets that Christian off to study, and to stand toe to toe with the Atheist and it benefits the Christian.

To study by yourself is hard, if one is going to study day and night like I always wont to do, he has to find a way to engage something interesting, something worth study so as to defend, and to learn as one defends.

I am so proud of the forums of the world, they are literally changing the world, and Atheists have greatly helped that cause.

Everyone plays a small part, who knows whether Atheists are angels sent to lead you into study?

I keep flirting with Thrill but he keeps ignoring me, I think he maybe an angel sent to test me.

Old 11-06-2014, 12:39 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
Great, then he can take it up with the owner/s.

Old 11-06-2014, 12:48 PM

3,639 posts, read 3,337,949 times
Quote:
Christian forums always seem to attract atheists, people who want to mock or insult Christianity and Jesus. I can't understand it. I feel no desire to go on atheist forums and mock their belief. But hey, why must they not write on Christian forums? No church would close their doors to them either. What they write never offends me.
Because your beliefs ultimately end up affecting us. If it had no effect on us, I'm sure we wouldn't care so much.

Old 11-06-2014, 12:52 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,172,280 times
Quote:
Agreed. Their mockery only serves to prove the Bible. Their words of anger and venom only show me that Satan is the driving force behind them.

BOO!!!

Old 11-06-2014, 02:07 PM

10,213 posts, read 14,825,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
The forum is to "discuss" Christianity.

It's not designed as an echo chamber for your particular version of it.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
You are a prime example of an admitted non-Christian, who spends their time mocking Christianity and the things of God ... on the Christian Forum. Clearly, you have no understanding of Christianity or any real desire to learn, but, only to sarcastically comment about things that you know nothing about.

Many, including myself, would be interested to understand your motive or purpose here ... or if you even have one, other than to simply agitate people?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity