Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2014, 02:22 PM

10,213 posts, read 14,839,105 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
So "faithful Christians" according to you, don't believe the Bible? If "faithful Christians" were like the Bereans, they would search the scriptures to see we (who believe God that He will save all mankind) have it correct.

If you don't believe God concerning this then you are the very Bible rejecter you claim others to be.

I'm not sure what you are talking about?? I am probably one of the most frequent supporters of the Bible and have been a Bible teacher and preacher for 30-years.

The UR notion that God will save all mankind is loosely construed from isolated scriptures and is as heretical as it has always been. The many on this forum who insert 'UR' into almost every thread, are among those who having stated their opinion in this matter, continue to chant the same over and over. Believing that God will ultimately save everyone certainly doesn't make one a non-Christian, but, claiming that this doctrine is scriptural or has traditional, universal or scholarly Biblical support ignores the truth.

Old 11-06-2014, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alt Thinker View Post
So …. Catholics are not welcome?
Christians are Christians ... regardless of the church they attend -- Why would Catholics not be welcome on the Christian forum?

Old 11-06-2014, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
They find mocking and belittling Christians or the Bible as a way to validate their non-belief.
There is probably a lot of truth in this statement.

Old 11-06-2014, 02:31 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,195,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post
You are a prime example of an admitted non-Christian, who spends their time mocking Christianity and the things of God ... on the Christian Forum. Clearly, you have no understanding of Christianity or any real desire to learn, but, only to sarcastically comment about things that you know nothing about.

Many, including myself, would be interested to understand your motive or purpose here ... or if you even have one, other than to simply agitate people?
I was born and raised in a Catholic household and attended Catholic schools for 10 years. My father was a seminarian (til he met Mom) and was Chairman of the local Catholic School Board for many years. I assisted (as an altar boy) at hundreds of Masses and dozens of weddings and funerals. My VERY large family are all Christians.

I walked the walk. Now I can talk it.

My purpose here is to espouse truth and expose hypocrisy and lies. I find very little of the former here and far too much of the latter.

Old 11-06-2014, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
Well now the Christians get to witness to the unbelievers and maybe they will get saved. they wont go to church, so God brings them here to listen to us.
I used to think that was the case, but, over the years it has become quite apparent that mocking and ridicule is the extent of the thought process of many of the regular mockers on the Christian forum. Perhaps, as another poster suggested, they are simply trying to validate their own empty disbelief.

Old 11-06-2014, 02:48 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,975,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Universalism and mockers have overtaken this forum.
People like you and mockers have overtaken this forum.

Old 11-06-2014, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
This is NOT the 'christian' forum it the CHRISTIANITY forum open for discussion even by those demonic atheists.
There are a host of 'Religion and Spirituality, Atheism and other forums on CD - along with a wide range of other topic-relevant forums. But, most of the regular detractors on the Christian forum are NOT here discuss Christianity or any of its relevant doctrines or beliefs. It is simply to mock and ridicule Christians and their beliefs.

As far as 'demonic atheists' is concerned, I don't believe that is the case at all. In my years in ministry, I've discovered that many professing atheists are simply angry at God, and lashing out like a child who shouts at his parents, "I hate you!" The fact that professing atheists care enough about Christianity to bring their protests to this forum is not in itself a bad thing and some even offer rational points.

But, there is a difference between an atheist (one who does not believe in the existence of God) ... and an anti-Christian (one who is only here to spew hate and ridicule). This would not be tolerated on any other forum, but, Christians seem to be 'fair game' and the moderators encourage it, by their unwillingness to curb this behavior.

Old 11-06-2014, 03:03 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,737,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I was born and raised in a Catholic household and attended Catholic schools for 10 years. My father was a seminarian (til he met Mom) and was Chairman of the local Catholic School Board for many years. I assisted (as an altar boy) at hundreds of Masses and dozens of weddings and funerals. My VERY large family are all Christians.

My purpose here is to espouse truth and expose hypocrisy and lies. I find very little of the former here and far too much of the latter.
And do you find resorting to mockery to be an effective tool for accomplishing such goals? At least we share one thing in common. My purpose here is to expose the lies and hypocrisy from atheists. When you start making ugly claims like that Bible which has changed my life and saved the lives of countless others is nothing more than a book of fairy tales then I can not remain silent.

Old 11-06-2014, 03:09 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,195,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
And do you find resorting to mockery to be an effective tool for accomplishing such goals? At least we share one thing in common. My purpose here is to expose the lies and hypocrisy from atheists. When you start making ugly claims like that Bible which has changed my life and saved the lives of countless others is nothing more than a book of fairy tales then I can not remain silent.
And if you continue to treat it as a literally true history book with cherry-picked verses upon which to hang your bigotry and intolerance - then I cannot remain silent.

Old 11-06-2014, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post

Thank you for a thoughtful and insightful post. I've not seen you espousing much truth(?) --- but, your anger against Christianity and most Christians (whom you perhaps perceive as hypocritical(?)) seems quite evident. It also seems that in the past you have vehemently stated that you are a non-Christian ---

Given these factors, one wonders if you are actually seeking to espouse truth and expose hypocrisy and lies ... or simply to rant at Christians.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity