Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2014, 03:33 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,925,051 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_human_being View Post
If this interests you, why don't you begin a thread on it instead of attempting to derail another person's thread? Remember what I said about manners? Show the OP some manners and leave his thread alone.
You may not understand forums... once a topic is started it does not belong to the OP. It belongs to the forum members. Threads drift, especially if pronouncements are made, and not backed up.

Old 11-07-2014, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
I can easily list over 100 reasons why I believe including having supernatural experiences. God is very real.
Yes, and I had an ex who said she has seen the devil and throw people across the room. She was studying exorcism through her church to toss the devil out of mentally ill homeless people. Would you say that was plausible?

Old 11-07-2014, 03:59 PM

5,177 posts, read 4,792,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post
There is a pervasive, ever-increasing drumbeat of ‘false doctrine’ and outright heresy on this ‘Christian Forum!’ (Atheism, Gnosticism, Universalism, etc.). It often seem like non-Christians and/or Bible-rejecters and detractors are so persistently vocal here, that they sidetrack almost every thread and dominate the forum with their secular nonsense. (They are like the Ephesian mob that was so consumed with shouting about the greatness of Artemis and the goddess Diana, they were beyond hearing God’s truth or sound doctrine – Acts 19:21-41). Sadly, the shocking arrogance and ridicule of these self-proclaimed ‘liberal thinkers’ likely distracts some God-seekers from recognizing the empty human philosophies and lack of sound doctrine in their persistent shouts.

Christianity asserts that there is one source of Truth and that is the Bible, the inspired, inerrant Word of the living God, the only infallible rule of faith and practice (John 17:17;2 Timothy 3:15-17;Hebrews 4:12). It is God’s written revelation to mankind and is never superseded by man’s thoughts, ideas, writings, or visions. Nor did God reveal His plan and ways, so that arrogant men could approve the parts they like …and renounce the rest. The early Bereans, like the faithful today, “were more noble than ‘others’ in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so” (Acts 17:11). Christ Himself also consistently and repeatedly referenced and affirmed the Scriptures throughout His earthly ministry.

My question is: Do enough faithful Christians (or at least true seekers) remain on this ‘Christian Forum’, to make continuing to lift-up the truth here worthwhile?’ … Or has this Forum become so overwhelmed by a large mob of shouters, that very few remain who are still willing to endure (or even hear) sound Bible doctrine? If the latter is the case, it is probably time for me (as have many other committed, Christ-seeking, Bible-believing Christians before me) … to move on.
So only those who believe as you do are Christians and should be allowed on this forum?

There are 50,000 kinds of Christians out there. Including such heretics as Catholics, Lutherans, Methodists, Universalists, and those who think it's OK to interfere with the funeral services of veterans because of Dont Ask Dont Tell.

I kinda wish the atheists would keep to their own forum, I have no problem with debate among the various Christian denominations and the various issues with which they agree and disagree.

I do NOT think that only fundamentalists should be allowed. They are not the only kind of Christians in the world.

Old 11-07-2014, 04:03 PM

5,187 posts, read 6,944,451 times
Quote:
Well, maybe I was a mite harsh on you little fellows. I might have simply stated that the reasons you butted into threads where Christians were trying to have a discussion among themselves are because you have no manners and were you to attempt any discussion among yourselves it would only end in a fight over which one of you were the smartest.

This is what I was saying in another post, that too much knowledge without the love of the Lord is arrogance. I would be more impressed with someone having the heart and mind for the Lord than a prodigious amount of book knowledge. This is like saying to a rich man what is it to gain the whole world but lose your own soul.

Old 11-07-2014, 04:03 PM

5,903 posts, read 3,796,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
I'm suppose to believe you are nice friendly people yet almost in your first sentence to me, you basically call me an idiot.

NO no no, I did not call you an idiot. I said it was idiocy that's all and it does make me angry to read what seems to me to be an ignorant and flippant response that is totally uncalled for. Ok, so let's start over. Why do you believe that someone is controlled by satan if they don't believe as you do? Really think about that for a minute. Have you been brought up and trained to believe that way? I'm sure you have, that's usually how it works with fundamentalist/evangelical christians.....it's nothing but a knee-jerk reaction to something that is different, strange or unknown to you and you automatically assume it's of your devil.

I'm very familiar with your way of thinking. I used to proclaim the same thing.....WHAT? You don't believe in god? You're going to hell unless you convert to my way of thinking and if you don't then you must be of the devil. Come on, some part of you has got to be saying "what am I doing"? "why am I like this?" What proof do I have of any of this god that I claim is real......what proof indeed? Hmmmm. Just take some time to consider how barbaric and contradictory that bible of yours is and you'll maybe take a step back and look at your behavior and how silly you come across.

Look, most people need something to believe in whether it's plausible or not. Kids need to believe in the easter bunny and santa claus but at a certain age they all figure out that it's not real. Should be the same way with religion, nice and comforting to believe as a child but as an adult that **** needs to go away like a bad rash. It's all fairy tales and sky fairies and any adult should be ashamed of themselves for espousing such nonsense as believable. Just my 2 cents.

Old 11-07-2014, 04:26 PM

5,187 posts, read 6,944,451 times
Quote:
If this interests you, why don't you begin a thread on it instead of attempting to derail another person's thread? Remember what I said about manners? Show the OP some manners and leave his thread alone.

He is good at that plus he will mess with your typed wording, I have forgiven him but not forgot

Old 11-07-2014, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by perry335654 View Post
He is good at that plus he will mess with your typed wording, I have forgiven him but not forgot
That, my good christian friend who would never be economical with the truth, is not correct. It is against the rules.

Now, will I shorten a looooong post to the relevant parts? You bet. And will always indicate it as such.

How?

EXAMPLE:

Quote:
....this is an excerpt of a very long post that is relevant to the point I am making....
That is NOT messing with your posts. However, if you feel that is the case, your welcome to report it to the moderator panel for their decision.

Old 11-07-2014, 04:49 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,403,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perry335654 View Post
This is what I was saying in another post, that too much knowledge without the love of the Lord is arrogance. I would be more impressed with someone having the heart and mind for the Lord than a prodigious amount of book knowledge. This is like saying to a rich man what is it to gain the whole world but lose your own soul.
Good point, but love without knowledge can lead to loving the wrong things. Both are needed as Jesus showed by his love and knowledge of Scripture. One alone is not enough. A genuine love of God would move a person to learn more and a love of neighbor would move one to share what is learned from scipture.

Old 11-07-2014, 06:17 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,482,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
You may not understand forums... once a topic is started it does not belong to the OP. It belongs to the forum members. Threads drift, especially if pronouncements are made, and not backed up.
I do understand manners though.

Old 11-07-2014, 06:22 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,482,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf39us View Post
...and your reason for believing that is "cause God said so"

Proof of God? "The bible"?
Proof of the bible? "God said so"
Proof of God? "The bible"

So on and so forth. There's no reason to believe what you believe, you just do.
Please explain to me exactly how and in what way does anything he believes adversely affect you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity