Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2014, 06:24 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,482,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert_The_Crocodile View Post
Why not? Many of them are.

Surely you're not asserting a direct correlation between education and intelligence, are you? Speaking from my own experience, I've met some pretty dumb engineers over the course of my life and career. I remember one who adamantly and absolutely insisted that it was physically impossible for ice to reach a temperature colder than 32 degrees Fahrenheit. It didn't matter how many of us tried to0 explain to him that ice could get just as cold as it felt like getting, he was unable to comprehend how wrong he was.

So, how smart would you say he was? Nothing against the guy - he was a good friend and a loyal co-worker for many years - but there are quite a lot of fry cooks (and certainly quite a lot of college students) who'd have him for breakfast in any debate pertaining to any subject other than the one in which he got his degree.

Just a word of friendly advice - this appeal to inappropriate authority thing that you apparently like to fall back on really doesn't work as well as you seem to think. In an internet debate, your veracity and credibility are evaluated on the basis of what you type on the screen, not what you hang on your wall. "I went to college and you probably didn't, so look it up yourself" isn't a very persuasive argument.
Sounds to me like you have a whole lot of personal problems worrying about other people's business.

Old 11-07-2014, 06:50 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,736,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
Yes, and I had an ex who said she has seen the devil and throw people across the room. She was studying exorcism through her church to toss the devil out of mentally ill homeless people. Would you say that was plausible?
Absolutely. Spiritual warfare is very real. Demons are constantly at work in people's mind giving them thoughts of depression, hopelessness and self pity. Don't you find it strange that often in our mind, we have thoughts of putting ourselves down when we fail? Why are we our own worst enemies at times? The answer is those thoughts are not originating from our own inner self but from the devil.

Of course, you will write it all off as bunk, but it would be interesting to see you explain this one. This video was just released this week, and you see this sweet old lady be completely healed. I don't see anyway this could be written off as a cheap parlor trick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnir8lp9Hnw#t=917

Old 11-07-2014, 06:56 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,925,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Absolutely. Spiritual warfare is very real. Demons are constantly at work in people's mind giving them thoughts of depression, hopelessness and self pity. Don't you find it strange that often in our mind, we have thoughts of putting ourselves down when we fail? Why are we our own worst enemies at times? The answer is those thoughts are not originating from our own inner self but from the devil.

Of course, you will write it all off as bunk, but it would be interesting to see you explain this one. This video was just released this week, and you see this sweet old lady be completely healed. I don't see anyway this could be written off as a cheap parlor trick.

We had her assessed by a medical panel before and after? I suspect not. Have not seen the undercover videos of the Benny Hinn frauds?

The only thing funnier than explaining something that "goddunnit" is hearing some say "da devil did it".

As I said, she is my ex. There is only so much woo-woo one can take.

Old 11-07-2014, 07:08 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,736,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
We had her assessed by a medical panel before and after? I suspect not. Have not seen the undercover videos of the Benny Hinn frauds?

The only thing funnier than explaining something that "goddunnit" is hearing some say "da devil did it".

As I said, she is my ex. There is only so much woo-woo one can take.
See you don't want evidence. You'll always change the requirements for evidence. If I had her medical records before and after, I can imagine you would be saying, so what? Don't you know that those tests can easily be faked or misread?

Old 11-07-2014, 07:15 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,482,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perry335654 View Post
He is good at that plus he will mess with your typed wording, I have forgiven him but not forgot
I saw through him right away and he proved my point for me. He came on here and began bragging about his studies and knowledge right off the bat. The next thing he did was bring up some stuff from the Book of Mark that I haven't even revisited in a couple of years.

My guess is he has just spent a couple of days researching the incident spoken of in Mark and has his research fresh in his mind. Apparently his self-inflated ego led him to push back any scruples any ordinary person would have and caused him to attempt to trap me into discussing the incident with him. That would have fed his already super-inflated ego and allowed him to showcase his recently gained knowledge of the subject at my expense. I guess he assumed he'd found himself someone fresh off the turnip truck. I suspect he does this same little trick over and over again.

Old 11-07-2014, 07:26 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,925,051 times
Quote:
See you don't want evidence. You'll always change the requirements for evidence. If I had her medical records before and after, I can imagine you would be saying, so what? Don't you know that those tests can easily be faked or misread?
Which is why I said medical panel. I chose my words carefully. What you showed was no evidence, just a show.

Benny Hinn has been PROVEN to be a fraud, yet many still believe in him. Funny thing that faith healers never seem to make amputees fully limbed again... have you noticed that? Do that, and I turn into a believer.

Old 11-07-2014, 07:42 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,365,848 times
Quote:
Demons are constantly at work in people's mind giving them thoughts of depression, hopelessness and self pity. Don't you find it strange that often in our mind, we have thoughts of putting ourselves down when we fail? Why are we our own worst enemies at times? The answer is those thoughts are not originating from our own inner self but from the devil.
Irrational and unfounded, have you ever heard of mental disorders or emotional distress?
Or, has the devil been so deeply ingrained in your psyche - that it's sacrilegious to question it?

Old 11-07-2014, 08:55 PM

7,381 posts, read 7,694,475 times
Quote:

This is dangerous to the health of this lady, to tell her to remove her back brace and the wrapping on her arm and to not worry about anything in her back. If she breaks her back after this or doesn't go to the doctor, I hope this preacher can be sued.
Besides, the lady can hardly moved, explained away by, "Oh, the muscles will still be sore for a while." Why could his God not take the soreness out? This is a fraud.

Old 11-07-2014, 09:50 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,919,333 times
What was your first clue? LOL. I hardly ever get involved in discussions because there are so many on here that actually attack Christian teachings. Why bother. Most don't want to learn, they just want to argue and undermine even the most basic of Christian doctrines. Even the Bible advises not to bother with such folks.

Old 11-07-2014, 09:59 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,630,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_human_being View Post
Sounds to me like you have a whole lot of personal problems worrying about other people's business.
I'm sure that was intended to have some sort of significant impact, but I have absolutely no clue what it's supposed to mean or how it relates to anything I said. Sorry...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity