Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2015, 07:21 PM

322 posts, read 244,128 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MORebelWoman View Post
Being circumcised means nothing!
OHhhhhh it means something!!!!

At least to the one having it done to them!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2015, 07:42 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,478,062 times
Quote:
Then, you missed the point: It's a heart condition, not one that man has erected.

Last edited by Jerwade; 01-11-2015 at 07:54 PM..

Old 01-11-2015, 09:12 PM

10,295 posts, read 9,725,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Then when those claiming to be led by the spirit disagree and .................. obviously someone is not led by God's spirit or is led by a false spirit, so any such claim is meaningless. They cannot offer any proof but that THEY tested it. Hum they all say that and ... they still disagree on what the spirit told them. Makes them feel good, but is of no real value.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
There are some here who seem to think the fruit of the Spirit is bible verses....it isn't. Check Galations 5 again.
Yeah, I've seen a couple of those individuals hanging around and what's awful they can't even get the context right of the scripture they quote.

Quote:
Absolutely

Old 01-11-2015, 10:17 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,478,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
Absolutely
So, you do not believe it is a matter of the heart?

Old 01-11-2015, 10:23 PM

719 posts, read 708,952 times
I don't park my brain at the church door......

Old 01-12-2015, 07:30 AM

1,970 posts, read 1,767,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Then, you missed the point: It's a heart condition, not one that man has erected.
NO, you missed the point. I know exactly why circumcision was started and why. If it is in your heart then you don't need it. Even the Bible says so. Getting any part of your body cut or anything is not doing a thing for your heart.

You can say what you wish but according to my reputation points. many in here agree with me.

Old 01-12-2015, 09:14 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,981,784 times
Where does the Bible say so? Check Romans 2 "28For he is not a Jew who is one outwardly, nor is circumcision that which is outward in the flesh. 29But he is a Jew who is one inwardly; and circumcision is that which is of the heart, by the Spirit, not by the letter; and his praise is not from men, but from God."
And see if what Jerwade has been saying does not line up.

Old 01-12-2015, 12:42 PM

322 posts, read 244,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistoftime View Post
You should not "park" your brain anywhere. You know the old saying "an idle mind is the devils workshop"

Old 01-12-2015, 01:42 PM

18,539 posts, read 9,233,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistoftime View Post
Heretic!

Old 01-12-2015, 02:53 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,502,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
If the scripture violates the Spirit, the scripture is false. Evidence of such is the huge number of different doctrines all established by people who claim to be following the bible. God is not stupid and did not promise people the confusion that inevitably comes from a self-contradictory book. The originals of the manuscripts may have been inspired by God (and that does not mean "dictated") but evidence of accretions and redactions to those manuscripts is pervasive. Thus it is not to be placed in authority over the Spirit, but to be subject TO the Spirit as even you have noted. Binding the Spirit to the Bible does NOT work as even that book noted.
The evidence is people not following the Bible but a claimed spirit and they say the Bible says thus and so. The Trinity being a perfect example. Then we have Mormonism that does NOT follow the Bible but claim to follow and be led by the spirit. The book is not contradictory except to those not led by the spirit. The alterations in the text are known, thus we know the accurate text.

If three people sit down, all say they are led by the spirit and not the Bible, as they believe it has been altered and come to 3 mutually conflicting beliefs, all claiming to have tested the spirit, how do we know who has God's spirit, if any of them?

How did they do it in Acts 15?

The incorrect and or changed argument is usually from those who place themselves above the Bible by claiming to be spirit led and ...... wrong spirit.

It isn't either or it is both and a failure to recognize and follow that is a clear indication of being led by the wrong spirit. Kinda like Adam was, who did it his way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity