Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2015, 08:50 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,029,149 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
You said Jesus is outside of the universe! If I told you that Elvis is alive outside of the universe right now, would you believe me? For all practical purposes, "outside of the universe" means "non existent."

Are you sure about that? If I'm asking for evidence, I am obviously interested.

You can talk to Jesus directly with prayer. Pray for Jesus to appear in the flesh in the middle of Times Square at 7pm eastern time tonight. If Jesus is real, and wants the world to know it, he will answer your prayer and appear. CNN and all of the major news outlets will be there in minutes. Across the world, TV screens will have the headline "the Risen Christ appears in New York." The Vatican would put Pope Francis on a plane to New York immediately. Jesus could literally save the whole world tonight at 7pm eastern.
G-d IS the universe and therefore nothing can exist outside the universe..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2015, 08:56 AM

18,491 posts, read 9,159,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
If you are sincere in wanting evidence of God, I already gave it to you in post #60 of your other thread https://www.city-data.com/forum/chris...right-now.html concerning the prophecies in the Book of Daniel. I provided you with a number of links to papers on the subject including one in which the prophecies of Daniel chapter 8 are given. The links disprove the claims of skeptics that Daniel had to be written after the fact. The prophecies are evidence of God. Again, the prophecies are so precise that skeptics who don't believe in the possibility of predictive prophecy have to maintain that Daniel is not authentic.

So, again, if you are sincere in wanting evidence of God, then put some serious and objective effort into studying the prophecies of Daniel and the issue of whether Daniel is authentic or written after the fact. The links provide an introduction and a launching pad for further research on the subject. If you aren't sincere then don't bother. It's up to you.
That is fair enough. I will investigate your claims.

Old 01-22-2015, 09:52 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,180,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
If you are sincere in wanting evidence of God, ...
Quote:
That is fair enough. I will investigate your claims.
The problem with this discussion and similar discussions is that it's missing what God is doing today.

We sit here and discuss events occurring thousands of years ago - and they are important - but God is here every day, and he works through people every day. Personal testimonies can be powerful witnesses of God existence - and I am talking about more than sports figures who thank God for winning a game (except for Tim Tebow and the Seahawk game last Sunday, those were works of God ) - but through people who give their last dollar who experience God give back to them - or it may be a health issue that gets resolved and leaves the doctor scratching his/her head.

This is not the best format for that type of stuff because people are reluctant to share their life details online. But in person, those testimonies can change minds and hearts about God.

Old 01-22-2015, 10:03 AM

Mike555,

According to this site, Daniel 8 is about the United States; not Media, Persia, and Greece.

That's the problem with highly symbolic language. It can be interpreted to mean almost anything. Nostradamus writes in the same kind of style. Some people believe that some of his prophesies have been fulfilled by modern events like 9/11, WW2, etc. Symbolic language like "I saw two birds fly into two trees" can be interpreted as a reference to 9/11. One can make almost anything look like a fulfilled prophecy.

Let's say that Daniel really did get a divine revelation from an all-knowing being. How would that in any way support the claims of Christianity? Daniel's supposed prophesy says nothing of Jesus. If I'm not mistaken, Daniel was Jewish. He most certainly did not believe in the Triune God of Christianity. Assuming Daniel was a devout Jew, he would have considered The Trinity to be a blasphemous idea.

I will do some further research on this topic.

Old 01-22-2015, 10:51 AM

5,177 posts, read 4,791,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
The writers of the bible invented Satan to make the OT God look good in comparison.

They failed.
Shatan aka Satan, was an aspect of El, a member of the council of Elohim. As were Uri-el. Micha-el. Rapha-el, Gabra-el. I might be missing one or two.

Old 01-22-2015, 11:02 AM

33,230 posts, read 26,440,532 times
Quote:
Mike555,

According to this site, Daniel 8 is about the United States; not Media, Persia, and Greece.

That's the problem with highly symbolic language. It can be interpreted to mean almost anything. Nostradamus writes in the same kind of style. Some people believe that some of his prophesies have been fulfilled by modern events like 9/11, WW2, etc. Symbolic language like "I saw two birds fly into two trees" can be interpreted as a reference to 9/11. One can make almost anything look like a fulfilled prophecy.

Let's say that Daniel really did get a divine revelation from an all-knowing being. How would that in any way support the claims of Christianity? Daniel's supposed prophesy says nothing of Jesus. If I'm not mistaken, Daniel was Jewish. He most certainly did not believe in the Triune God of Christianity. Assuming Daniel was a devout Jew, he would have considered The Trinity to be a blasphemous idea.

I will do some further research on this topic.
Just study the material I provided. The so-called prophecies of Nostradamus are nothing like the prophecies in Daniel. Nor do they have anything to do with the United States. And you asked for evidence of God. Not for evidence concerning whether God is Triune.

Old 01-22-2015, 11:19 AM

Mike, to avoid confusion I have started a new thread dedicated to the Daniel 8 topic. We've drifted far from the original topic. My apologies to the OP.

Old 01-24-2015, 11:40 AM

23,144 posts, read 10,445,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
It seems when you go through the bible and just looking at all the bad and wicked things in life, people will say sin and Satan is the cause.

Why let something with this much evil influence roam the earth and cause havoc for 5-6000 yrs so far to be killed at the end of the tribulation when Satan could have just been wiped out when he was kicked out of heaven.

If you wipe out Satan, you wipe out mankind. Adam and Eve were one creature, and the marriage of the two of them were the most beautiful creature.

Jesus called 3 of his disciples,'' Satan,'' or that they were speaking from their father,'' Satan.''

If disciples speak from their father Satan, then they are the sons of their father.

Old 04-28-2015, 02:08 PM

625 posts, read 624,134 times
Default devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
It seems when you go through the bible and just looking at all the bad and wicked things in life, people will say sin and Satan is the cause.

Why let something with this much evil influence roam the earth and cause havoc for 5-6000 yrs so far to be killed at the end of the tribulation when Satan could have just been wiped out when he was kicked out of heaven.
Oh now, do you believe in Santa and the tooth fairy too?

Really isn't the Devil just another way to explain really, really bad behavior (i.e. poor choice). Because after all, God gives us free will. So The Devil is in all of us, right?

Old 04-28-2015, 02:43 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,590,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
G-d IS the universe and therefore nothing can exist outside the universe..
No, rather: The universe was created by God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity