Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2015, 02:08 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,203,094 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by john233 View Post
No of course not. But I do claim to know where those answers are found
Which is why most of your answers are wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2015, 02:11 PM

335 posts, read 220,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Which is why most of your answers are wrong.
lol, are you the official messenger of silly messages

Old 02-28-2015, 02:13 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,198,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post

I'm not going to drop the Christ and you can't make me. . Seriously, those of you who have a literal view of the bible, and even Christians on the whole, don't hold the corner market on the Christ, or on the bible either, for that matter.
Sing it, Pleroo!

Old 02-28-2015, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Why is it that so many evangelical Christians, when they hear the word "love" equate it to a cute, fuzzy feeling? I don't .
Then what is the problem? Because this is Warden and Mystics problem with the Bible.
They say that basically the entire Bible is pure garbage, minus a few statements Jesus made. Because it portrays God as someone who is angry about all the sin, and violence, and abuse, and wickedness that goes on in the world and in our minds.

"God is so barbaric because he killed some evil people". Boo hoo lol. Give me a break, go tell a judge he is a savage barbarian for sentencing criminals

Or "God is so barbaric because he told the Israelites to sacrifice some animals" Again, grow up. How do you think we get all our meat?

You know that many times the priests would eat the meat afterwards right?
You know that people killed animals to make clothing right?
You would feel alot differently if you grew up back then

Last edited by john233; 02-28-2015 at 02:26 PM..

Old 02-28-2015, 02:19 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,203,094 times
For those who have drunk that deeply of the biblical Kool-Aid, one can only hope that eventually reality will provide an emetic.

Old 02-28-2015, 02:20 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,401,842 times
Quote:
Then what is the problem? Because this is Warden and Mystics problem with the Bible.
They say that basically the entire Bible is pure garbage, minus a few statements Jesus made. Because it portrays God as someone who is angry about all the sin, and violence, and abuse, and wickedness that goes on in the world and in our minds.

"God is so barbaric because he killed some evil people". Boo hoo lol. Give me a break, go tell a judge he is a savage barbarian for sentencing criminals
John, do you not see that these are two extremes? In your mind, if God is not angry and doesn't kill (or annihilate) people, then the only other option is fuzzy and cute?

Also, I have never heard mystic or warden say the majority of the bible is garbage, but rather that all of it is useful... Just not in the way you think it is.

Old 02-28-2015, 02:25 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,401,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
For those who have drunk that deeply of the biblical Kool-Aid, one can only hope that eventually reality will provide an emetic.
Oh, I learned a new word today. That always makes for a better day. Thanks Trout.

Old 02-28-2015, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
fuzzy and cute?
Fuzzy and cute is what these people are trying to turn God in to in their minds by rejecting everything God says in the Bible.

Ya, I get that they say Christ all the time. But they do not mean the Christ of the Bible. Jesus knew and lived the OT. That was the Law, He knew every last bit of it because He wrote it through men, because He spoke through the prophets. He fulfilled the Law, if He didn't come to do that then He didn't come to do anything

You probably don't realize this guys, but nobody has ever seen the Father nor heard His voice but Christ... The God in the Old Testament that you hate and despise so much was Christ.

John 5
But the testimony which I have is greater than the testimony of John; for the works which the Father has given Me to accomplish-- the very works that I do-- testify about Me, that the Father has sent Me. 37"And the Father who sent Me, He has testified of Me. You have neither heard His voice at any time nor seen His form. 38"You do not have His word abiding in you, for you do not believe Him whom He sent.

Old 02-28-2015, 02:47 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,198,776 times
Quote:

You probably don't realize this guys, but nobody has ever seen the Father nor heard His voice but Christ... The God in the Old Testament that you hate and despise so much was Christ.
Another fundamentalist who can't look into the sky on a clear, starry night and see God.

How sad. How can you NOT see him? Starry nights, the light from the moon shining on a lake, dolphins skimming the surface of the waves joyful in their freedom and power. Don't you see Him? He's everywhere!

Never mind the idiotic conclusion that non-fundamentalists despise God. Mercy.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 02-28-2015 at 03:00 PM..

Old 02-28-2015, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Another fundamentalist who can't look into the sky on a clear, starry night and see God.

How sad. How can you NOT see him? Starry nights, the light from the moon shining on a lake, dolphins skimming the surface of the waves. Don't you see Him? He's everywhere!
That is pantheism, not Christ. Those are creations, not the creator:

Romans 1:18
For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth. 19 For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them. 20 For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse. 21 For although they knew God, they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Claiming to be wise, they became fools, 23 and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images resembling mortal man and birds and animals and creeping things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity