Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2015, 02:20 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,975,571 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
Everything he posts is total rubbish.

He does not even understand half of what he posts. That's pretty bad.

How do you know it is "half" and not just 1/8? Your evaluation of me and prognosis is about as critical in thinking as your abilities to defend evolution, which, I might add is rather lacking any kind of proficiency even in high school. Rail on. You are making me believe people who do believe in evolution really did come from some knuckle dragging buffoon. I came from Adam and Eve. Maybe that's why I know more than you? Wanna banana?

Hi, humans are descended from my genetic line:

Last edited by Eusebius; 06-12-2015 at 02:29 PM..

Old 06-12-2015, 02:42 PM

18,498 posts, read 9,167,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
How do you know it is "half" and not just 1/8? Your evaluation of me and prognosis is about as critical in thinking as your abilities to defend evolution, which, I might add is rather lacking any kind of proficiency even in high school. Rail on. You are making me believe people who do believe in evolution really did come from some knuckle dragging buffoon. I came from Adam and Eve. Maybe that's why I know more than you? Wanna banana?
A highly scientific argument on your part.

Old 06-12-2015, 02:56 PM

46,963 posts, read 26,005,972 times
Quote:
If you could grasp the most simple of things (*sigh*). He used to be an atheist professor (that's what the one who put the video up called him, not me).
"Wasn't me!" is no defense. But it sure does sound better than "Newly converted fundamentalist professor tells of his conversion". And it worked, you made me click, so go you.

Quote:
He once believed in evolution and was once an atheist until he was confronted by a creationist.
And then he found Jesus, yaddayaddayadda, we've covered that ground.

Quote:
I can see why it would be GD embarrassing for the one believing in evolution.
Ehm - why? Like I said, he discussed, in passing, exactly one argument that could be considered scientific. The validity of the ToE is not influenced by a random professor suddenly finding God.

Quote:
You see Dane, the point you and others here make so well is that no matter how embarrassing a situation you may find yourself in, all you can do is rant and rave about this post or that post against evolution.
Well, it was kinda pathetic, wasn't it? He mentions "lack of transitional fossils" and moves on to tell us about finding God and being humbled in front of His altar and how he never looked back. I'd kinda hoped for some sort of reasoning, not an anecdote.

Quote:
Rather than focus on the actual video and focus on what turned the tide for this professor...
He didn't choose to share that information.

Quote:
you just poopoo the whole video.
Well, it was rubbish, wasn't it? He tells us what happened, not why. It's anecdotal. Why would it change anyone's mind on a scientific subject?

Last edited by Dane_in_LA; 06-12-2015 at 03:45 PM..

Old 06-12-2015, 03:31 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,195,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
Everything he posts is total rubbish.

He does not even understand half of what he posts. That's pretty bad.
You are being exceedingly generous.

Old 06-12-2015, 04:01 PM

159 posts, read 177,573 times
Quote:
If you could grasp the most simple of things (*sigh*). He used to be an atheist professor (that's what the one who put the video up called him, not me). He once believed in evolution and was once an atheist until he was confronted by a creationist. I can see why it would be GD embarrassing for the one believing in evolution. You see Dane, the point you and others here make so well is that no matter how embarrassing a situation you may find yourself in, all you can do is rant and rave about this post or that post against evolution. Rather than focus on the actual video and focus on what turned the tide for this professor who was once a believer in evolution, you just poopoo the whole video. I understand. Really I do.
If you want well-formed arguments and careful non-polemic analysis from the atheists here, you've come to the wrong forum. Well, just be grateful you're not communicating with the knuckle-draggers over at dawkinsnet.

Old 06-12-2015, 04:07 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,263,697 times
Quote:
Is this the best you can do? All you can provide is a childish rant?

It appears that evolution has shorted you with respect to critical thinking ability.

You have not presented one single point that demonstrates critical thinking or logic.

While we certainly descended from apes..which is why we are apes...we did not come from a knuckle dragging buffoon...perhaps you did

Old 06-12-2015, 04:11 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,263,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUMBONyc View Post
If you want well-formed arguments and careful non-polemic analysis from the atheists here, you've come to the wrong forum. Well, just be grateful you're not communicating with the knuckle-draggers over at dawkinsnet.
Not everyone here is an atheist.

The so called "knuckle daggers" certainly have more intelligence than what the Creation Myth supporters have demonstrated in this thread.

Old 06-12-2015, 05:07 PM

46,963 posts, read 26,005,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUMBONyc View Post
Oh, a witness for the defense. Well, if you found more than a passing attempt at science in that drivelly video, would you care to list the argument made? I am not blowing through another 7 minutes and 34 seconds, so - apart from an off-hand reference to "no transitional forms", how exactly was that guy supposed to have "destroyed" ToE?

Old 06-12-2015, 08:51 PM

33,549 posts, read 37,151,051 times
Quote:

Hi, humans are descended from my genetic line:
Here is a cousin of ours....Notice the family resemblance?

Old 06-13-2015, 12:33 AM

8,734 posts, read 13,823,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post

This objection is denial and dismissal of something they do not want to accept, because they believe that it conflicts with their religious -based beliefs. Well - it probably does, but there is actually no reason why it should - unless one insists that Genesis is literally true.
That's what it boils down to, it's not really a point of fusion, because, well, it just can't be - the implications would be horrendous, so we can't even think that way. It's just that God created it to look exactly like a fusion point. And how do we know that? Well it looks just like one, but so what, that's the way God works, don't go looking for other reasons. Although for me, it is pretty obvious what it is. And then you've got the problem that arises when you look at our GULO gene. Oh but don't do that, you might not like what you find.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity