Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2015, 03:14 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,096,820 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
So without fail you have done that your whole life ?
Yea, actually I have...There is no excuse for ignorance...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2015, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
The Lord has said this: "Here is the covenant I have made with them, My spirit which is upon you and my words which I have put into your mouth shall never leave your mouth nor the mouth of your children, nor the mouth of your children's children, from now on and forever."
And your point being?...

Old 06-29-2015, 03:35 PM

Quote:
The Lord has said this: "Here is the covenant I have made with them, My spirit which is upon you and my words which I have put into your mouth shall never leave your mouth nor the mouth of your children, nor the mouth of your children's children, from now on and forever."

21."As for Me, this is My covenant with them," says the Lord. "My spirit, which is upon you and My words that I have placed in your mouth, shall not move from your mouth or from the mouth of your seed and from the mouth of your seed's seed," said the Lord, "from now and to eternity."

Rashi's Commentary:
As for Me, this is My covenant with them: In this matter, I made a covenant with them, and I will fulfill it, for even in their exile, My Torah shall not be forgotten from them.

Now let's see who G-d is speaking to...

1Call with a [full] throat, do not spare, like a shofar raise your voice, and relate to My people their transgression, and to the house of Jacob their sins.
Rashi's Commentary:

and relate to My people their transgression: These are the Torah scholars, whose every inadvertent sin is counted as a transgression, for an error in study is accounted as an intentional sin.

and to the house of Jacob their sins: These are the ignorant people, whose willful sins, are accounted inadvertent.

Seems like what you posted is for the House of Jacob only...So, what does it have to do with Christians...

Old 06-29-2015, 04:45 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,366,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Yea, actually I have...There is no excuse for ignorance...
If you say so. I have seen your beliefs dramatically evolve since i have been posting on here, that alone proves you are being economical with the truth.

Last edited by pcamps; 06-29-2015 at 05:00 PM..

Old 06-29-2015, 06:53 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,792,518 times
Quote:
21."As for Me, this is My covenant with them," says the Lord. "My spirit, which is upon you and My words that I have placed in your mouth, shall not move from your mouth or from the mouth of your seed and from the mouth of your seed's seed," said the Lord, "from now and to eternity."

Rashi's Commentary:
As for Me, this is My covenant with them: In this matter, I made a covenant with them, and I will fulfill it, for even in their exile, My Torah shall not be forgotten from them.

Now let's see who G-d is speaking to...

1Call with a [full] throat, do not spare, like a shofar raise your voice, and relate to My people their transgression, and to the house of Jacob their sins.
Rashi's Commentary:

and relate to My people their transgression: These are the Torah scholars, whose every inadvertent sin is counted as a transgression, for an error in study is accounted as an intentional sin.

and to the house of Jacob their sins: These are the ignorant people, whose willful sins, are accounted inadvertent.

Seems like what you posted is for the House of Jacob only...So, what does it have to do with Christians...
The house of Jacob, the house of Israel, the house of Judah, are those who serve the Lord. The people of God are those who serve the Lord, the son of God.

Old 06-30-2015, 04:36 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,205,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
More to come...
But you cannot bear it now...

Old 07-01-2015, 08:16 AM

Quote:
The house of Jacob, the house of Israel, the house of Judah, are those who serve the Lord. The people of God are those who serve the Lord, the son of God.
No...You are mistaken here...

Old 07-01-2015, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
If you say so. I have seen your beliefs dramatically evolve since i have been posting on here, that alone proves you are being economical with the truth.
What do you mean by economical?...

Old 07-02-2015, 07:39 AM

4,217 posts, read 2,792,518 times
Quote:
No...You are mistaken here...
Those who join themselves with the Lord and serve Him are His people.

Isaiah 56 NRS

1 Thus says the Lord: Maintain justice, and do what is right, for soon my salvation will come, and my deliverance be revealed. 2 Happy is the mortal who does this, the one who holds it fast, who keeps the sabbath, not profaning it, and refrains from doing any evil. 3 Do not let the foreigner joined to the Lord say, "The Lord will surely separate me from his people"; and do not let the eunuch say, "I am just a dry tree." 4 For thus says the Lord: To the eunuchs who keep my sabbaths, who choose the things that please me and hold fast my covenant, 5 I will give, in my house and within my walls, a monument and a name better than sons and daughters; I will give them an everlasting name that shall not be cut off. 6 And the foreigners who join themselves to the Lord, to minister to him, to love the name of the Lord, and to be his servants, all who keep the sabbath, and do not profane it, and hold fast my covenant— 7 these I will bring to my holy mountain, and make them joyful in my house of prayer; their burnt offerings and their sacrifices will be accepted on my altar; for my house shall be called a house of prayer for all peoples.

Old 07-03-2015, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Those who join themselves with the Lord and serve Him are His people.

Isaiah 56 NRS

1 Thus says the Lord: Maintain justice, and do what is right, for soon my salvation will come, and my deliverance be revealed. 2 Happy is the mortal who does this, the one who holds it fast, who keeps the sabbath, not profaning it, and refrains from doing any evil. 3 Do not let the foreigner joined to the Lord say, "The Lord will surely separate me from his people"; and do not let the eunuch say, "I am just a dry tree." 4 For thus says the Lord: To the eunuchs who keep my sabbaths, who choose the things that please me and hold fast my covenant, 5 I will give, in my house and within my walls, a monument and a name better than sons and daughters; I will give them an everlasting name that shall not be cut off. 6 And the foreigners who join themselves to the Lord, to minister to him, to love the name of the Lord, and to be his servants, all who keep the sabbath, and do not profane it, and hold fast my covenant— 7 these I will bring to my holy mountain, and make them joyful in my house of prayer; their burnt offerings and their sacrifices will be accepted on my altar; for my house shall be called a house of prayer for all peoples.

Why don't you read the whole chapter?...It is about Gentiles who convert to Judaism and keep the Sabbath and observe the covenant of G-d with Israel...It is about those Gentiles who JOIN themselves to Israel...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity