Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2015, 08:53 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,216,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
I'm not angry at gay people. I've always maintained that people should have the freedom to live anyway they want even it is sinful. What does make me angry is the gay community demanding that society celebrate and accept their lifestyle as natural and normal. It's not. We now give awards for their "bravery". It is still sin and open rebellion against God. He would not have described as destastable and an abomindation in His word if God felt that same sex love is a beautiful good thing.

Christians should not turn a blind eye to any sin. If we see a Christian brother and sister openly living in sin, it's our duty to try and guide them back on the right path. It would be unloving and cruel to allow them to continue on in a destructive lifestyle. But slapping a label of love on any kind of union doesn't erase the fact that it is sin. You could say people committing incest are in love and therefore Jesus would approve, right?
Some people are just a regular run of the mill village geinus....

Sorry I should never have said that, instead what I should have said was---

Y^%$$E# *&%^$ *(&%##@ **** (&%$%......with the sincerest of love and caring..

jeffie free base please forgive me for I know exactly what I do.

Whew..I feel so much better..

See, that is the difference between me and those who refuse to see...

I realize that being LGBTQ is NOT the same as a sexual predator or remotely related to HEINOUS SEX CRIMES, where as teh blind wants nothing more than to create a fantasy connection between the two and thereby create PUBLIC FEAR that teh LGBTQ community is going to force everyone to be gay and they are starting in the public schools so we must close all the publuic schools to stop the spread of gay...

In court, what you are doing is called slander and it is a SIN. A SIN that Jesus would never ever condone or encourage.

If you hate the LGBTQ community that much, you are allowed, but stop trying to vilify them by drawing imaginary lines from the LGBT community to INCEST, DUGGARS, RAPE, BEASTIALITY, and god-n-the-tiny-box sanctioned orgies...

GOD is not a god of HATE and BIGOTRY...you have heard and no doubt even read that in your bible--if you have read the bible.

GOD is the GOD of LOVE, MERCY and JUSTICE, none of which appear in your vocabulary as you are serious stuck on VENGENCE, HATE and FEAR...with a dollop of OPPRESSION for evil intentions

Oh, and what I said at the beginning....well you know how much I LOVE you with all the colors of the RAINBOW....

Last edited by zthatzmanz28; 07-17-2015 at 09:31 AM..

Old 07-17-2015, 08:59 AM

18,491 posts, read 9,157,203 times
Quote:
I'm not angry at gay people. I've always maintained that people should have the freedom to live anyway they want even it is sinful. What does make me angry is the gay community demanding that society celebrate and accept their lifestyle as natural and normal. It's not. We now give awards for their "bravery". It is still sin and open rebellion against God. He would not have described as destastable and an abomindation in His word if God felt that same sex love is a beautiful good thing.

Christians should not turn a blind eye to any sin. If we see a Christian brother and sister openly living in sin, it's our duty to try and guide them back on the right path. It would be unloving and cruel to allow them to continue on in a destructive lifestyle. But slapping a label of love on any kind of union doesn't erase the fact that it is sin. You could say people committing incest are in love and therefore Jesus would approve, right?
And yet you came to the defense of a guy who molested his sisters. Don't you think molestation is sin, abomination, and open rebellion against God? Why the double standard?

At least consensual homosexuality has no victim.

Old 07-17-2015, 09:25 AM

1,614 posts, read 1,244,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
The reception ALWAYS follows the ceremony.
Clever.

Old 07-17-2015, 09:55 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,351,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Or maybe atheists and non-Christians realize that we are voting citizens with a right to a personal opinion?
I have zero issues for people's opinions.
I have tons of issues with ridiculous hypocrisy.

Old 07-17-2015, 10:04 AM

10,087 posts, read 5,732,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
And yet you came to the defense of a guy who molested his sisters. Don't you think molestation is sin, abomination, and open rebellion against God? Why the double standard?

At least consensual homosexuality has no victim.
A double standard would be willing to forgive some sins while hating and never forgiving a person FOREVER for other sins. Christians aren't called to categorize sin and decide which ones should not be forgiven. We are called to forgive all sins.

I always maintained that Josh Duggar committed a heinous act, but it is not an unforgivable act. His own victims even forgave him and moved on.

Old 07-17-2015, 10:14 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,177,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I have zero issues for people's opinions.
I have tons of issues with ridiculous hypocrisy.
Wow, heavy & repped.

I recall Jesus saying "I would rather you be hot or cold, but lukewarm I will spit you out of my mouth".

Hot - full of love and grace

Cold - depending on your own righteousness, conscious of good & evil, even wicked

Lukewarm - mixed up

Old 07-17-2015, 10:24 AM

10,087 posts, read 5,732,547 times
Quote:
Some people are just a regular run of the mill village geinus....

Sorry I should never have said that, instead what I should have said was---

Y^%$$E# *&%^$ *(&%##@ **** (&%$%......with the sincerest of love and caring..

jeffie free base please forgive me for I know exactly what I do.

Whew..I feel so much better..

See, that is the difference between me and those who refuse to see...

I realize that being LGBTQ is NOT the same as a sexual predator or remotely related to HEINOUS SEX CRIMES, where as teh blind wants nothing more than to create a fantasy connection between the two and thereby create PUBLIC FEAR that teh LGBTQ community is going to force everyone to be gay and they are starting in the public schools so we must close all the publuic schools to stop the spread of gay...

Wow, if my opinion is making you so mad that you feel the need to apparently cuss me out then maybe you should just not read my posts.

If I am to believe that sexual orientation is programmed at birth then a sexual predator has the misfortune to be born with the wrong kind of orientation. Then it becomes hypocritical to blast us for believing homosexuality is wrong when you believe it is moral to show biogtry and hatred for people born with an different orientation that you believe is wrong.

Quote:

In court, what you are doing is called slander and it is a SIN. A SIN that Jesus would never ever condone or encourage.
No, slandering would be calling someone out specificially and making false statements about them to damage their character. Something people on your side have done quite a few times to me.

Quote:

If you hate the LGBTQ community that much, you are allowed, but stop trying to vilify them by drawing imaginary lines from the LGBT community to INCEST, DUGGARS, RAPE, BEASTIALITY, and god-n-the-tiny-box sanctioned orgies...
More slander from you. I don't hate the LGBTQ community or anyone specifically. I hate the sin of homosexuality because of the damage that it causes.

Quote:

GOD is not a god of HATE and BIGOTRY...you have heard and no doubt even read that in your bible--if you have read the bible.

GOD is the GOD of LOVE, MERCY and JUSTICE, none of which appear in your vocabulary as you are serious stuck on VENGENCE, HATE and FEAR...with a dollop of OPPRESSION for evil intentions

Oh, and what I said at the beginning....well you know how much I LOVE you with all the colors of the RAINBOW....

God is also a God who hates sin because it causes pain and ultimately destruction to His creation. God can not co-exist with sin.

Old 07-17-2015, 10:28 AM

4,217 posts, read 2,785,130 times
Why the obsession with gays. Let it go already.

"By your words you'll be justified"

He did not say; By your sexual preference you'll be justified.

Old 07-17-2015, 10:29 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,216,093 times
Quote:
Wow, if my opinion is making you so mad that you feel the need to apparently cuss me out then maybe you should just not read my posts.

If I am to believe that sexual orientation is programmed at birth then a sexual predator has the misfortune to be born with the wrong kind of orientation. Then it becomes hypocritical to blast us for believing homosexuality is wrong when you believe it is moral to show biogtry and hatred for people born with an different orientation that you believe is wrong.

No, slandering would be calling someone out specificially and making false statements about them to damage their character. Something people on your side have done quite a few times to me.

More slander from you. I don't hate the LGBTQ community or anyone specifically. I hate the sin of homosexuality because of the damage that it causes.

God is also a God who hates sin because it causes pain and ultimately destruction to His creation. God can not co-exist with sin.
That ego is going to be your down fall...pride goeth before a fall...any colorful metaphors were directed at your irrantional theology and not the person--remember LOVE the sinner hate the sin....

Finally we all know that god-n-the-tiny-box anointed you as identifier of ALL sin and final judge of what is and what is not sin. Again what one person does may be sin, and another doing the same thing is NOT sin..

Old 07-17-2015, 10:32 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,178,156 times
Quote:
...snip...

In that case, God wasn't too smart for creating evil, was he?

Isaiah 45:7

"I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity