Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2015, 10:35 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,189,177 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
In that case, God wasn't too smart for creating evil, was he?

Isaiah 45:7

"I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things."
Without evil, we can't know good. By allowing human beings to rebel and embrace evil, he will be glorified all the more for saving those that do so.

Old 07-17-2015, 10:37 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Without evil, we can't know good. By allowing human beings to rebel and embrace evil, he will be glorified all the more for saving those that do so.
So, he's good with sin.

Gotcha.

Old 07-17-2015, 10:40 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,219,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
So, he's good with sin.

Gotcha.
Well DUH? He did create it after all....

Old 07-17-2015, 10:41 AM

2,572 posts, read 4,251,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
I'm not angry at gay people. I've always maintained that people should have the freedom to live anyway they want even it is sinful. What does make me angry is the gay community demanding that society celebrate and accept their lifestyle as natural and normal.
LOL that one made me laugh, man you hate gays! So don't try to feed us that BS.

Being gay is natural and normal for me.

Old 07-17-2015, 10:49 AM

2,572 posts, read 4,251,576 times
Quote:
A double standard would be willing to forgive some sins while hating and never forgiving a person FOREVER for other sins. Christians aren't called to categorize sin and decide which ones should not be forgiven. We are called to forgive all sins.

I always maintained that Josh Duggar committed a heinous act, but it is not an unforgivable act. His own victims even forgave him and moved on.
I wonder what was going through his little sister's minds when their almost grown brother was putting his fingers where they don't belong?

Old 07-17-2015, 11:42 AM

18,492 posts, read 9,159,286 times
Quote:
More slander from you. I don't hate the LGBTQ community or anyone specifically. I hate the sin of homosexuality because of the damage that it causes.

God is also a God who hates sin because it causes pain and ultimately destruction to His creation. God can not co-exist with sin.
But you (and apparently God) don't hate the sin of molestation as much as the sin of homosexuality. Why is that? As I said before, consensual homosexuality has no victims. Molestation certainly does have victims. Certainly molestation causes more pain and destruction (since there are victims) than homosexuality. Wouldn't you agree?

Old 07-17-2015, 11:47 AM

18,492 posts, read 9,159,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
That's a slick argument. Ridiculous, but slick.

Old 07-17-2015, 11:49 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,219,613 times
Quote:
Wow, if my opinion is making you so mad that you feel the need to apparently cuss me out then maybe you should just not read my posts.

If I am to believe that sexual orientation is programmed at birth then a sexual predator has the misfortune to be born with the wrong kind of orientation. Then it becomes hypocritical to blast us for believing homosexuality is wrong when you believe it is moral to show biogtry and hatred for people born with an different orientation that you believe is wrong.

No, slandering would be calling someone out specificially and making false statements about them to damage their character. Something people on your side have done quite a few times to me.

More slander from you. I don't hate the LGBTQ community or anyone specifically. I hate the sin of homosexuality because of the damage that it causes.

God is also a God who hates sin because it causes pain and ultimately destruction to His creation. God can not co-exist with sin.
Same deal I made with Brother Vizio--

Supply a list of ALL (OK, even 80%) well if its too hard 60%, hey I would setttle for 45% the damages it causes (real damage not imaginary or theoretical) and I will aplogize for every funny, aka HILARIOUS, fundie comment I ever made...PLUS I will toss in 1 of my concubines, 3 hand-madiens and any of my wives EXCEPT wife # 4 because I traded my prized goat for her and she has yet to provide me any return on my investment. Also, my daughter is out because I promised God I would sacrifice the first "thing" I saw coming out of my house--I was kind of hoping it would have been wife #6--- after he blessed be with victory over evangelicalism. So she is going in the volcano Saturday at noon...

THANKS!!

Old 07-17-2015, 01:41 PM

1,614 posts, read 1,244,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post

Supply a list of ALL (OK, even 80%) well if its too hard 60%, hey I would setttle for 45% the damages it causes (real damage not imaginary or theoretical) and I will aplogize for every funny, aka HILARIOUS, fundie comment I ever made...PLUS I will toss in 1 of my concubines, 3 hand-madiens and any of my wives EXCEPT wife # 4 because I traded my prized goat for her and she has yet to provide me any return on my investment. Also, my daughter is out because I promised God I would sacrifice the first "thing" I saw coming out of my house--I was kind of hoping it would have been wife #6--- after he blessed be with victory over evangelicalism. So she is going in the volcano Saturday at noon...

THANKS!!
That is funny. Are you a professional comedian?

Certain vegetables and meats disgust me, but I do not heap condemnation upon them. I just leave them alone and let others enjoy them. I say this because I think some of the vitriol towards same sex couples is out of a personal sense of the "ew yucky' factor within those who oppose it. Fortunately, people do not make love in public, otherwise we'd have to see a lot of really big fat Americans doing it and that would certainly gross me out.

Old 07-17-2015, 01:59 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,733,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post

THANKS!!
Thanks for confirming again that I should never take anything you say seriously. Good job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity