Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2015, 10:32 PM

1,614 posts, read 1,245,014 times

Advertisements

says former President Jimmy Carter. I agree with him.

Jimmy Carter Says Jesus Would Approve Of Gay Marriage

Old 07-17-2015, 02:55 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,227,920 times
Why are some people so ANGRY about two people who want to spend their lives together, have the SAME IDENTICAL set of rules and laws to follow and protect them?

Yet these same "people" will not think twice about divorce, drunkenness, gambling, adultery (Graham's grandson) and even CHILD MOLESTATION (Those girls were DUGGARED!) by quickly dismissing the SIN because of the sinners STATUS and their willingness to pray away the sin????

But what can society expect from the group who continuously REJECT LOVE as the PRIME OBJECTIVE and will always seek to qualify the TWO GREATEST COMMANDMENTS that were given DIRECTLY from Jesus Himself..

Old 07-17-2015, 03:05 AM

9,690 posts, read 10,020,758 times
Jesus could approve of gay marriage for His spirit to abide on if there is peace in the spirit and the challenge in the spirit is reduced ...See something like the spirit challenge of divorce which the church was bitter on the past , and people where rejected from the church or people who where unwed and their children were rejected and could not be baptized or dedicated to Jesus grace .... Where today children of unwed parents are being saved and anointed in Christ , and divorced people are being saved and attend church for Jesus ...... See there has to be a peace in the spirit on people for Holy Spirit to abide on ...

Old 07-17-2015, 08:12 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,192,123 times
Jimmy is about as coherent these days as Pat Robertson. THey both need to just go find a quiet nursing home to retire in.

Old 07-17-2015, 08:13 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times
How about Christians follow their own damn rules before trying to make everyone else do it?

Oh, no...good luck with that.

Old 07-17-2015, 08:15 AM

6,542 posts, read 4,094,955 times
I think Jesus would make sure they were fed and loved before he worried about marriage rights.

Old 07-17-2015, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
I think Jesus would make sure they were fed and loved before he worried about marriage rights.
The reception ALWAYS follows the ceremony.

Old 07-17-2015, 08:20 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,192,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
How about Christians follow their own damn rules before trying to make everyone else do it?

Oh, no...good luck with that.
Or maybe atheists and non-Christians realize that we are voting citizens with a right to a personal opinion?

Old 07-17-2015, 08:39 AM

10,087 posts, read 5,734,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Why are some people so ANGRY about two people who want to spend their lives together, have the SAME IDENTICAL set of rules and laws to follow and protect them?
I'm not angry at gay people. I've always maintained that people should have the freedom to live anyway they want even it is sinful. What does make me angry is the gay community demanding that society celebrate and accept their lifestyle as natural and normal. It's not. We now give awards for their "bravery". It is still sin and open rebellion against God. He would not have described as destastable and an abomindation in His word if God felt that same sex love is a beautiful good thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post

Yet these same "people" will not think twice about divorce, drunkenness, gambling, adultery (Graham's grandson) and even CHILD MOLESTATION (Those girls were DUGGARED!) by quickly dismissing the SIN because of the sinners STATUS and their willingness to pray away the sin????

But what can society expect from the group who continuously REJECT LOVE as the PRIME OBJECTIVE and will always seek to qualify the TWO GREATEST COMMANDMENTS that were given DIRECTLY from Jesus Himself..
Christians should not turn a blind eye to any sin. If we see a Christian brother and sister openly living in sin, it's our duty to try and guide them back on the right path. It would be unloving and cruel to allow them to continue on in a destructive lifestyle. But slapping a label of love on any kind of union doesn't erase the fact that it is sin. You could say people committing incest are in love and therefore Jesus would approve, right?

Old 07-17-2015, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
I'm not angry at gay people. I've always maintained that people should have the freedom to live anyway they want even it is sinful. What does make me angry is the gay community demanding that society celebrate and accept their lifestyle as natural and normal. It's not. We now give awards for their "bravery". It is still sin and open rebellion against God. He would not have described as destastable and an abomindation in His word if God felt that same sex love is a beautiful good thing.

Christians should not turn a blind eye to any sin. If we see a Christian brother and sister openly living in sin, it's our duty to try and guide them back on the right path. It would be unloving and cruel to allow them to continue on in a destructive lifestyle. But slapping a label of love on any kind of union doesn't erase the fact that it is sin. You could say people committing incest are in love and therefore Jesus would approve, right?
You are just a regular run of the mill village XXXXX....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.