Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2015, 09:31 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
A reckoning to our creator is not illogical.
Neither, is that of being reconciled.

Old 07-21-2015, 09:32 PM

20,441 posts, read 12,788,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Neither, is that of being reconciled.
Agreed

Old 07-22-2015, 02:26 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,223,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Yeah, that's another common attribute of "God": a kind of ultimate threat to use on people. Sorta like "just wait until your father gets home."
Yeah, except this time father already understands our plight and he brings mercy with him...unless of course one has really been naughty and bigoted...

Old 07-22-2015, 06:44 AM

125 posts, read 91,810 times
Jesus never said anything that remotely approved of SSM. And just because He did not address it specifically means absolutely nothing. It is the classical "argument of silence" that philosophers agree cannot validate someone's claim. He didn't address bestiality either but He did say that He came to fulfill the law. (Matt 5:17)

Old 07-22-2015, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasroane View Post
Jesus never said anything that remotely approved of SSM. And just because He did not address it specifically means absolutely nothing. It is the classical "argument of silence" that philosophers agree cannot validate someone's claim. He didn't address bestiality either but He did say that He came to fulfill the law. (Matt 5:17)
I have a dream

That one day soon

Evangelical fundies across city-data

will actually attempt to use COMMON SENSE and STOP using irresponsible examples to generate FEAR in the masses

That one day, they would address the issue and not create irrelevant arguments to support what cannot be support in a man-made, man-written archaic book that has no surviving original copies.

I have a dream

That one day

Evangelicals EVERYWHERE

Will set free

Theur little god-n-the-tiny-box

That evangelicals will come to terms

That GOD is BIGGER than any box

I have this dream

That evangelicals will set that god free

And embrace the GOD of love, MERCY and justice

Old 07-22-2015, 07:28 AM

25,961 posts, read 22,120,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozzferrahhtoo View Post
You appear to know little about how things are defined as deviance or mental illnesses. There is a lot more to it than it simply being a minority practice. The Anti Homosexual Lobby with which you align do like to moan about the removal of homosexuality as a mental illness. But while moaning they never appear to answer the question as to what justification there was for it being there in the first place.

Why? Because to do so would not feed the Anti Homosexual Narrative they have built up. They want to pretend that the removal of the classification was politically motivated, by bullies and loud shouters who cajoled and even threatened them until it was removed.

But the fact is no one, much less you, has been able to justify such a classification in the first place. The reason it is not classified as a mental illness has nothing to do with the propaganda political spin you are shoveling onto it from the dung heap.... and everything to do with the simple fact there is no reason to classify it thusly. Either from, or the people who actually know what they are talking about.

Or perhaps when people like you tell them they are abnormal, or worse, you artificially create mental problems for them that they have to deal with that they should not have to, which you are all too happy to watch overwhelm them because they you have manufactured a metaphorical bat to hit them with where none should exist in the first place. People like you bully and insult and cajole them into suicide, and then gleefully use their suicides to declare there must be something wrong with their life style.

Perhaps it does, perhaps it does not, you have offered no evidence either way. But even if it does the fact remains that most of us, if not you, have realized that the arguments and issues related to human sexuality are more nuanced than simply declaring what is "natural" and "normal" and that discussions about how natural and normal it might be are just red herrings that you people not only fling out, but then cling to as a flotation device in shallow waters.

Ah the old "I have read it somewhere but I will not be citing my source" trick you are oh so fond of employing. To me, without a citation, the words "I have read" mean little more to me than "I just made this up on the spot".

Like your cohort JeffBase40 you like to pretend these statistics support such a claim but they do not. The statistics are relevant to a specific sub set of homosexuals defined by the CDC as "MSM" and are not representative of homosexuality as a whole at all. But by all means be specific about what your claims are and what figures you think support it, and I will be happy to re-educate you in every bit the same way as Jeff's attempts were decimated repeatedly in the past.
Reference mental illness: http://www.behaviorismandmentalhealt...hat-went-away/

Reference deviancy: Deviancy - definition of deviancy by The Free Dictionary

Another interesting article on the mental illness: When Homosexuality Came Out (of the DSM) - Mad In America

Another and you won't like the source but you haven't actually listed yours: narth

And, I suggest you put your glasses on because I almost 100% of the time provide my sources and I realize how you could be confused because most do not here. So, you need to regroup on that one.

And, this thread is about would Jesus approve of gay marriage and my sources:

If homosexuality is a sin, why didn't Jesus ever mention it? and What did Jesus say about homosexuality? and https://carm.org/would-jesus-ok-same-sex-marriage

How on earth would Jesus approve of homosexual marriage when the Bible disapproves of homosexuality?
Really, the biology of it? And, the argument that it happens in nature, that lower form animals do it? Ah, they do a lot of things and when one male "rides" another, it is about dominance but then, I don't know what it is about with humans

Sorry, I'm not going to Hell in order to compromise my beliefs so that someone else can feel a little better about their sinful sex life. Many have been sucked into the agenda: The homosexual propaganda campaign in America's media

And, I'll even take you to the non-religious reasons for variety: Articles: Ten Non-Religious Reasons to Keep Marriage Traditional

And the art of justifying sin which I am sure you are already familiar with: Gospel Answers - Homosexuality Today: The Art of Justifying Sin

If it isn't mental illness what causes such a deviancy: No, Marco, homosexuals aren't born that way

And, lastly, this is interesting: Medical Downside of Homosexual Behavior

The bottom line is that the Bible doesn't support homosexuality, and yes, there is the "go and sin no more" but I am still searching for "go and sin again and again, celebrate it as a sin and try to get other people to support the behavior and proclaim that a sin isn't a sin, do anything you can to make them feel guilty."

The funniest and most uninformed post I ever read on C-D was someone saying the not letting homosexuals marry made them continue to live in sin. Ah, way off girl!

People that are mentally ill commit suicide. That is something they do. Suicide is not caused from outside oneself but it comes from within.

Now, exactly what it is it that you need a link on? Also, could you explain to me why people who don't even believe in "god" as they call Him, why do they care what others think? Is it that they are so unsettled in their belief? 99.9% of the posts here under my "Just Another Gay Thread" are started by homosexuals and/or their supporters so who is it that keeps this alive and open to hearing what others think. If they don't want opinions on something, don't post here and just get a diary to keep under your pillow.

This is a public forum and when someone posts, they open their ideas and beliefs to be analysed and criticized. The old "if you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen". Now, I'm thinking if you think the kitchen is too hot................. Hell's fire?

Anyone that is comfortable with their beliefs does not spend their time trying to convince others to change their beliefs. The torment many of these people are expressing here shows that they are in flux and desperate. I am not trying to change anyone's beliefs but defending and supporting my own beliefs against the endless attack of the agenda as referenced above.

I'm good with my beliefs. I do find it amusing when some of the posters play the "names and faces" game and that has not fazed me since grade school so good luck with that.

Old 07-22-2015, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Reference mental illness: http://www.behaviorismandmentalhealt...hat-went-away/

Reference deviancy: Deviancy - definition of deviancy by The Free Dictionary

Another interesting article on the mental illness: When Homosexuality Came Out (of the DSM) - Mad In America

Another and you won't like the source but you haven't actually listed yours: narth

And, I suggest you put your glasses on because I almost 100% of the time provide my sources and I realize how you could be confused because most do not here. So, you need to regroup on that one.

And, this thread is about would Jesus approve of gay marriage and my sources:

If homosexuality is a sin, why didn't Jesus ever mention it? and What did Jesus say about homosexuality? and https://carm.org/would-jesus-ok-same-sex-marriage

How on earth would Jesus approve of homosexual marriage when the Bible disapproves of homosexuality?
Really, the biology of it? And, the argument that it happens in nature, that lower form animals do it? Ah, they do a lot of things and when one male "rides" another, it is about dominance but then, I don't know what it is about with humans

Sorry, I'm not going to Hell in order to compromise my beliefs so that someone else can feel a little better about their sinful sex life. Many have been sucked into the agenda: The homosexual propaganda campaign in America's media

And, I'll even take you to the non-religious reasons for variety: Articles: Ten Non-Religious Reasons to Keep Marriage Traditional

And the art of justifying sin which I am sure you are already familiar with: Gospel Answers - Homosexuality Today: The Art of Justifying Sin

If it isn't mental illness what causes such a deviancy: No, Marco, homosexuals aren't born that way

And, lastly, this is interesting: Medical Downside of Homosexual Behavior

The bottom line is that the Bible doesn't support homosexuality, and yes, there is the "go and sin no more" but I am still searching for "go and sin again and again, celebrate it as a sin and try to get other people to support the behavior and proclaim that a sin isn't a sin, do anything you can to make them feel guilty."

The funniest and most uninformed post I ever read on C-D was someone saying the not letting homosexuals marry made them continue to live in sin. Ah, way off girl!

People that are mentally ill commit suicide. That is something they do. Suicide is not caused from outside oneself but it comes from within.

Now, exactly what it is it that you need a link on? Also, could you explain to me why people who don't even believe in "god" as they call Him, why do they care what others think? Is it that they are so unsettled in their belief? 99.9% of the posts here under my "Just Another Gay Thread" are started by homosexuals and/or their supporters so who is it that keeps this alive and open to hearing what others think. If they don't want opinions on something, don't post here and just get a diary to keep under your pillow.

This is a public forum and when someone posts, they open their ideas and beliefs to be analysed and criticized. The old "if you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen". Now, I'm thinking if you think the kitchen is too hot................. Hell's fire?

Anyone that is comfortable with their beliefs does not spend their time trying to convince others to change their beliefs. The torment many of these people are expressing here shows that they are in flux and desperate. I am not trying to change anyone's beliefs but defending and supporting my own beliefs against the endless attack of the agenda as referenced above.

I'm good with my beliefs. I do find it amusing when some of the posters play the "names and faces" game and that has not fazed me since grade school so good luck with that.

When you BELIEVE God disapproves. I have scripture that shows God doesn't care and homosexuality is just part of everyday life. There is a difference bewteen what WE belive, and what we KNOW.

Old 07-22-2015, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
I have a dream

That one day soon

Evangelical fundies across city-data

will actually attempt to use COMMON SENSE and STOP using irresponsible examples to generate FEAR in the masses

That one day, they would address the issue and not create irrelevant arguments to support what cannot be support in a man-made, man-written archaic book that has no surviving original copies.

I have a dream

That one day

Evangelicals EVERYWHERE

Will set free

Theur little god-n-the-tiny-box

That evangelicals will come to terms

That GOD is BIGGER than any box

I have this dream

That evangelicals will set that god free

And embrace the GOD of love, MERCY and justice
We already do. That doesn't mean God approves SSM.

Old 07-22-2015, 09:17 AM

Nor does it mean he disapproves, why can't you hear this?

Old 07-22-2015, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Nor does it mean he disapproves, why can't you hear this?
Scripture and nature indicates He does.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.