Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2015, 11:36 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,244,899 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Scripture and nature indicates He does.

My reading of scripture and understanding of nature say he does not

Old 07-22-2015, 11:52 AM

1,507 posts, read 1,381,548 times
My Reading of scripture indicates that God got really mad at crazy cult partiers who were doing crazying things in their 1st Century cultic worship practices and gave their passions over to what they were already doing...and this has nothing to do with modern homosexuality and to say it biblically does is to call every modern homosexual a literal idolator who became that way because of worshiping other gods..and in my opinion, this should be an absurd to any fundamentalist who has a shred of commonsense. AND There is simply no good biblical proof that God "brought homosexuality into the world" because of some idolatrous actions of the ancients and then decided to curse random modern boys and girls with these feelings for the rest of their lives.

Old 07-22-2015, 11:58 AM

125 posts, read 91,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
My reading of scripture and understanding of nature say he does not
Ok, let's see what Jesus did say about it.

Matthew 19
4 “Haven’t you read,” He replied, “that He who created them in the beginning made them male and female,” 5 and He also said:
“For this reason a man will leave
his father and mother
and be joined to his wife,
and the two will become one flesh?

6 So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore, what God has joined together, man must not separate.”

Old 07-22-2015, 12:33 PM

1,507 posts, read 1,381,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasroane View Post

Matthew 19
4 “Haven’t you read,” He replied, “that He who created them in the beginning made them male and female,” 5 and He also said:
his father and mother

6 So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore, what God has joined together, man must not separate.”
You're quoting a divorce passage where he was arguing with Pharisees and you think thats proof of the "only things" God is willing to allow in spite of the fact that God has created many somewhat "inbetween" gender variations? Do you think this "One man and one woman" verse excludes hermaphrodites? If not, what standard of love would it violate to allow them (or gay people for that mattter) to marry since all the laws of the prophets hang on the two greatest commandments? Lastly, if you are willing to allow hermaprodites to marry, why are you singling out people based soley on their "junk" rather than their minds and their hearts?

Old 07-22-2015, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasroane View Post

Matthew 19
his father and mother

And you intentionally AVOIDED the rest of the passage--

7 “Why then,” they asked, “did Moses command that a man give his wife a certificate of divorce and send her away?”

8 Jesus replied, “Moses permitted you to divorce your wives because your hearts were hard. But it was not this way from the beginning.

9 I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another woman commits adultery.”

10 The disciples said to him, “If this is the situation between a husband and wife, it is better not to marry.”

11 Jesus replied, “Not everyone can accept this word, but only those to whom it has been given.

JESUS SAYS IT IS BETTER TO BE SINGLE AND NOT MARRY

12 For there are eunuchs who were born that way, (homosexual) and there are eunuchs who have been made eunuchs by others(castrated) —and there are those who choose to live like eunuchs (celibate) for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. The one who can accept this should accept it.”

Old 07-22-2015, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrhockney View Post
My Reading of scripture indicates that God got really mad at crazy cult partiers who were doing crazying things in their 1st Century cultic worship practices and gave their passions over to what they were already doing...and this has nothing to do with modern homosexuality and to say it biblically does is to call every modern homosexual a literal idolator who became that way because of worshiping other gods..and in my opinion, this should be an absurd to any fundamentalist who has a shred of commonsense. AND There is simply no good biblical proof that God "brought homosexuality into the world" because of some idolatrous actions of the ancients and then decided to curse random modern boys and girls with these feelings for the rest of their lives.
Cite chapter and verse? That states it was because of homosexuality and NO OTHER REASON....

Old 07-22-2015, 03:09 PM

20,443 posts, read 12,805,921 times
Quote:
And you intentionally AVOIDED the rest of the passage--

7 “Why then,” they asked, “did Moses command that a man give his wife a certificate of divorce and send her away?”

8 Jesus replied, “Moses permitted you to divorce your wives because your hearts were hard. But it was not this way from the beginning.

9 I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another woman commits adultery.”

10 The disciples said to him, “If this is the situation between a husband and wife, it is better not to marry.”

11 Jesus replied, “Not everyone can accept this word, but only those to whom it has been given.

JESUS SAYS IT IS BETTER TO BE SINGLE AND NOT MARRY

12 For there are eunuchs who were born that way, (homosexual) and there are eunuchs who have been made eunuchs by others(castrated) —and there are those who choose to live like eunuchs (celibate) for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. The one who can accept this should accept it.”
How do you get God's approval of SSM out of this?

Old 07-22-2015, 03:25 PM

Quote:
How do you get God's approval of SSM out of this?
I guess my question is HOW is it you do not?
VIA FAITH and the HOLY SPIRIT after is followed the advice in 1 John 4:1---

Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.

And the passage also tells me homosexuals were BORN THAT WAY...

Old 07-22-2015, 03:33 PM

20,443 posts, read 12,805,921 times
Quote:
I guess my question is HOW is it you do not?
VIA FAITH and the HOLY SPIRIT after is followed the advice in 1 John 4:1---

Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.

And the passage also tells me homosexuals were BORN THAT WAY...
That's not a valid answer. You're wrestling with Scripture to make it support SSM. It doesn't, anywhere. What does 1 John 4:1 have to do with SSM?

Old 07-22-2015, 03:51 PM

Quote:
That's not a valid answer. You're wrestling with Scripture to make it support SSM. It doesn't, anywhere. What does 1 John 4:1 have to do with SSM?
You wrestle with it to deny SSM and EQUALITY..so I suppose that makes us even..

1 John 4:1 says to TEST all spirits so I did and was told SSM is GOOD in the eyes of GOD..and that Matthew 19:12 is God's response to the folks who discriminate and hate on the LGBTQ community..

When SSM was accepted as a CHRISTIAN RITE..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.