Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2019, 07:52 AM

1,491 posts, read 3,119,128 times

Advertisements

i would like to add something here, if i may. when a person accepts Christ as Lord and Savior, it is a tremendous, life-changing experience that washes away a prior sinful life and sees the person put on the new man, or becomes a new creation. as time passes, hopefully, the person begins to think more like Christ and walk as Christ does, i.e., living their life according to His ways and precepts. a new creation in Christ should or would not even contemplate such a heinous crime as murder/killing since Jesus states that even our hateful thoughts towards another person are a sin. from this standpoint, i hope and pray that none of us here or for that matter, any Christian who claims to be a follower of Christ would ever remotely consider that thought.

that being said ,we know that pre-meditated murder is totally unacceptable in the eyes of God and that is carries a severe consequence. we also know from the book of Acts that Saul killed a number of Christians as a Pharisee, yet, after his experience on the road to Damascus, repented and became a strong witness of the power of grace and mercy of Christ to many.

so what about the Christian who would commit such a crime as this? imo, i would venture a guess that this person never was truly saved right from the beginning because i don't believe that any true God-fearing person would even think of doing something like this. Jude 4 states this: "For certain persons have crept in unnoticed, those who were long beforehand marked out for this condemnation, ungodly persons who turn the grace of our God into licentiousness and deny our only Master and Lord, Jesus Christ".

so what can we say about this Pastor Steve Anderson and those members of the Westboro Baptist Church and those like them? they will have to answer to the Lord for their thoughts and their actions as will we all when we stand before Him.

ultimately, all our thoughts and our actions will be judged by God and we will suffer loss from the bad ones and rewards for the ones that glorified Him. the decision that God will make for each us is solely in His hands and so ultimately, none of us can know for certain until we see Him. these are just my thoughts on this issue, nothing more.

Old 01-27-2019, 08:46 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,261,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
I gave you an answer. I don't answer stupid irrelevant questions.
what would Jesus do?

Old 01-27-2019, 08:54 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,612,059 times
Quote:
I gave you an answer. I don't answer stupid irrelevant questions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
what would Jesus do?
These are jesus/gods words.

so simple a xian should be able to understand.

Heaven and earth still exist, right?

Old 01-27-2019, 01:17 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,510,437 times
To keep the doors open churches need revenue from contributions. It makes sense to not offend the people giving you money but condemning things they do but instead focus on homosexuals and abortion. Not saying it makes moral sense.

Old 01-27-2019, 03:53 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,427,842 times
Billy Graham was interviewed by Morley Safer for 60 Minutes, I think...He was asked why he did not associate himself with the Rainbow Coalition (was that in the 80s or 90s? The Falwell Bunch...)...He spoke about ...Why was homosexuality something to focus on anymore than the sin of stealing or adultery...
it did not make any sense...
it was off balance. He wanted nothing to do with it.

That's not me calling it a sin...even stealing and adultery, to me, is just blowing it and missing the mark...being stupid.
Sin is so blown up with Christians.

Old 01-27-2019, 05:58 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,054,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Billy Graham was interviewed by Morley Safer for 60 Minutes, I think...He was asked why he did not associate himself with the Rainbow Coalition (was that in the 80s or 90s? The Falwell Bunch...)...He spoke about ...Why was homosexuality something to focus on anymore than the sin of stealing or adultery...
it did not make any sense...
it was off balance. He wanted nothing to do with it.

That's not me calling it a sin...even stealing and adultery, to me, is just blowing it and missing the mark...being stupid.
Sin is so blown up with Christians.
So you don't believe we should call out adultery or stealing as sin when we see it?

Old 01-27-2019, 06:37 PM

63,908 posts, read 40,194,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
So you don't believe we should call out adultery or stealing as sin when we see it?
If you are asking as a citizen of a society that desires order and fairness, then calling out stealing is acceptable. If you are asking as someone desiring to please God, then you should focus on NOT doing either YOURSELF. Each individual is to concern themselves with what God wants, NOT what others are doing.

Old 01-27-2019, 10:54 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,341,225 times
Quote:
No way whatsoever. I would prefer to conceal it you viper. and wolf in sheeps clothing. The only reason you would see such a thing is because you are looking for it, you who tries to condemn everyone under the law you are oppressed by . You dont believe Jesus and don't even pretend you do, you believe a belief about him, you are a fraud.

Old 01-27-2019, 11:07 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,341,225 times
Quote:
Christianity, so much condemnation but so little to share of it's experience of so called grace, because it's not experienced the grace it boasts about. You will never convince me otherwise until you show a little.

Old 01-28-2019, 03:11 AM

3,636 posts, read 3,431,439 times
Quote:
Are you being self righteous and condemning if you claim that bestiality is a sin? Incest? I'm not condemning anyone. That's up to God to judge. Believing that sexually immorality is sin according to the Bible is not being self righteous and condemning.
And here I am in entire agreement with you. If your religious says it is a sin - then it _is_ a sin under the lights of your religion. After all this is the Christianity forum specifically. So I would think it is even against the TOS for me to disagree with aspects of that.

It seems however that _many_ Christians do not see their religion as claiming it is a sin. But that is for you to fight with them over - not me. If you think your religion calls it sin then I want you to tell as many people that as loudly as possible - so they can see _your_ religion for what it is and choose _their_ religion accordingly. By all means represent _your_ brand of the Christianity product and let others theirs - and like with any product people can and will vote with their feet.

The issue for _me_ only happens when you distort or even invent facts in the real world to justify the position of your religion. Because then people can not vote honestly with their feet because they will be deciding based on a lie.

That is when you step out of your field - religion and fantasy and story telling - into my field - fact science and reality. So long as you stop crossing _that_ divide you will stop getting posts and replies from me.

But the simple fact is that other than claims about your god and it's message - you have not actually shown there is anything wrong with homosexuality or incest. At least in so far as we are _specifically_ talking about consensual sex between consenting adults.

And I suspect you like many theists think your god is a rational god. Hence whatever it's issue is - if any - with homosexuality there must be rational reasons we can discern and uncover. Yet you have not offered anything of the sort outside a mere total misrepresentation of what CDC figures are actually measuring and indicating and saying. And people should use _that_ fact when moving said feet too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.