Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2018, 11:20 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,941,088 times

Advertisements

And I had such hope for you, Davidjay. Well let's not get into evolution here. We don't debate science on this forum.

oh, and a for "pleasure that bonds and unites," well phrased.

Old 07-31-2018, 11:58 PM

6,803 posts, read 2,925,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidjayjordan
Only a rookie HERE..... been around, and been a full time missionary all my life after university... and my athletic career.

Rookies show their stuff, after a few pitches or a few swings..

I have lots of arrows in my quiver, and I dont quiver.

IHS

David
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumTingy View Post
Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth. - Mike Tyson.

Many here say they are Christian but it really is just a small handful that follows the Lord and His Word. All show their true self sooner or later.
While I'm a hypocrite at times and sometimes I catch myself applying double standards on occasions, I'm one of those who, if asked, would reply that I'm probably someone who would be considered to be 'a follower of Jesus', as best as I can be anyway. I can actually relate to Jesus more so than I can relate to some professed Christians. The term 'Christian' these days is a rather 'iffy' term for me to use personally since it can range between something meaningful to something that is rather the opposite of meaningful and so is rather more of a 'buzzword' used by some to perhaps suggest 'piety'. Questioning the Bible - and everything else for that matter - is not a bad thing ...but, adhering blindly to the Bible can be a bad thing. So, I DO question the Bible as a 'man-authored work' where necessary, something, I think, to which Jesus would wholeheartedly approve.

As far as my studies of the Bible take me I see no disapproval, if we're to believe the Creation story, of the various sexual persuasions of 'God's Creations'. Yes, humans were designed to procreate if they choose to but they were not designed as robots to follow some unalterable course of nature. Simply put, one is 'designed' to be who they are. Then again, I don't recall anyone since Adam and Eve having actually been created by God . . .

Anyway, back to the Bible. I've asked this very same question SO many times that I'm pretty much confident that NO ONE will ever answer it. But, I'm ever hopeful that someone might. The question is: Where, in scripture, is same-sex practice condemned in any situation other than with regard to idolatry and affiliated temple prostitution? That's excluding any possible 'rape' instances. In fact, where are the terms 'homosexual' and 'homosexuality' used AT ALL in scripture?? Just offer ONE scripture and put me out of my misery ...PLEASE!

Old 08-01-2018, 12:26 AM

8,669 posts, read 4,817,838 times
no,
what occured in upon the Holy
mount should be enough..

they are going to receive the rain

Old 08-01-2018, 12:31 AM

230 posts, read 92,300 times
Or they will get the Latani .... when their prayers fail

Old 08-01-2018, 03:06 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,259,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidjayjordan View Post
Or they will get the Latani .... when their prayers fail
prayer never fails, does it?

if prayer fails, then god has failed us.

Old 08-01-2018, 04:59 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,611,573 times
Why does homosexuality anger conservative Christians more than other sins? (beliefs, abortion)

Probably because they realize they breed gay children, and like indoctrination, bullying your children straight is as easy as being angry about gay people all their children’s adolescent lives.

Old 08-01-2018, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidjayjordan View Post
Moderator cut: Quoted post deleted. Discuss moderator actions via Direct Messages.
WE generally appreciate the work our moderators do. This is a discussion board, not a podium for preaching.

Last edited by mensaguy; 08-01-2018 at 07:26 AM.. Reason: Quoted post deleted.

Old 08-01-2018, 07:29 AM

1,146 posts, read 650,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
WE generally appreciate the work our moderators do. This is a discussion board, not a podium for preaching.
Discussion not preaching?

Really?

NEW DEFINITIONS - remaking language to support agenda

Preaching is generally used to describe statements opposed to the gay life style.
Discussion is generally used to describe assertions that support the gay life style.

When conversation erodes to the point of redefining words to support an agenda, it ceases to be efficacious to anybody. Conversation becomes noise and accusation without meaning and devoid of anything useful - destined for the ash heap of history.

In actual fact, those who oppose the gay life style are not angry about gay people;
as much as they are of being told to shut up about it.
as much as their words are deliberately misrepresented,
as much as having gay folks, who refuse the insinuation of morality into their lives, turn around and insinuate gay values into the lives of rest of us.

Shut up about it?

When truth is suppressed there is no discussion. When preaching is demonized truth is denied.

Hypocrisy is openly displayed by the gay community when it insists upon being allowed to live as it pleases, but denies the same right to others.

ICHABOD - the Greatest Hypocrite

In the midst of our cultural war the final word on the matter consists neither of preaching nor discussion. It is the Word of God. It too has been denied a voice in the matter in the most unusual of places - the church. The church is guilty of greater sin, wickedness, hypocrisy and lies than any group among us. Look and see. The church is withering and dying like cut flowers two weeks old because it has cut itself off from its root, the Word of God.

This root, this voice, this Word of God has been denied over and over again by the church - in official statements as well as practice. Instead of upholding a standard the church has turned a deaf ear to the Word of God and accepted the gay life style as appropriate. Therefore a terrible judgment has fallen upon the church.(1 Peter 4:17)

A FAMINE has been declared by God, a famine not of bread and water but of the Word of God in revelation as well as sound teaching. If man will not heed God's word and mock Him continually, then God will no longer speak in gentle tones and kind actions. The end result will be a series of object lessons that will be both permanent and painful. Hopefully the church will wise up and shorten the process, but I have my doubts.

There is nothing more to talk about. The church is Ichabod. (1 Sam 4:21)

Therefore no more Words from God will be given to those churches which have openly rejected the Word of God. A famine of the Word of God is declared, not by any lack of mercy on heaven's part, but by the willful wickedness of church leaders who have turned their back upon God. Who respect man more than God. Who love donation$ more than grace.

God does not argue with man. He acts.

A FAMINE of the Word of God has been declared. (Amos 8:11)
Judgment is upon the church.

Hear this - Sunday morning sinners and Saturday night sinners alike - the ONLY prayer that will be heard by heaven is the prayer of repentance.

The time to repent of sin is NOW.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft.....

Last edited by Choir Loft; 08-01-2018 at 08:21 AM..

Old 08-01-2018, 08:13 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,259,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
98% of the time anyways...LOL

PREACHING is typically the CONDEMNATION of others or their life based on christian sharia law and intended to manipulate / shame others into accepting a narrow / extremely rigid set of beliefs designed to control the masses.

DISCUSSION tends to be an EXCHANGE of ideas based on FACTS and OPINION that do not require others to accept or reject the other point of view, nor does it attempt to coerce others via shame or feelings of doubt to capitulate to a narrow and rigid set of beliefs designed to support christian sharia law or impose external control on the masses.

Old 08-01-2018, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
98% of the time anyways...LOL

PREACHING is typically the CONDEMNATION of others or their life based on christian sharia law and intended to manipulate / shame others into accepting a narrow / extremely rigid set of beliefs designed to control the masses.

DISCUSSION tends to be an EXCHANGE of ideas based on FACTS and OPINION that do not require others to accept or reject the other point of view, nor does it attempt to coerce others via shame or feelings of doubt to capitulate to a narrow and rigid set of beliefs designed to support christian sharia law or impose external control on the masses.
Well, those who preach, podium or loft usually get ignored.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.