Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2019, 08:25 AM

10,098 posts, read 5,764,838 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
These are jesus/gods words.

so simple a xian should be able to understand.

Heaven and earth still exist, right?
Jesus is talking symbolically and spiritually. You have to study things in context against the entire Bible. We only have a single verse that if we go with you interpretation, it doesn't make since against what everything else in the Bible is saying like this verse:

Quote:

But now we are released from the law, having died to that which held us captive, so that we serve in the new way of the Spirit and not in the old way of the written code.

Romans 7:6

Old 01-28-2019, 08:33 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,619,358 times
Are those jesus’s Words?

Old 01-28-2019, 09:06 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,275,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
Are those jesus’s Words?
Fundies allow Paul to play Jesus when it's convenient.

Old 01-28-2019, 09:55 AM

1,491 posts, read 3,121,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
No way whatsoever. I would prefer to conceal it you viper. and wolf in sheeps clothing. The only reason you would see such a thing is because you are looking for it, you who tries to condemn everyone under the law you are oppressed by . You dont believe Jesus and don't even pretend you do, you believe a belief about him, you are a fraud.

baptist handled this defamation of character rather well. if one of us conservatives or "fundies" had said this about any of you progressives, you would have gone ballistic and called for our heads on a platter.

stay on the straight and narrow baptist....

Old 01-28-2019, 01:57 PM

45,755 posts, read 27,396,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlemur View Post
baptist handled this defamation of character rather well. if one of us conservatives or "fundies" had said this about any of you progressives, you would have gone ballistic and called for our heads on a platter.

It's just pcamps being the adversary he is... nothing new to see here...

Old 01-28-2019, 02:36 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,445,240 times
Quote:

Jesus did the same thing when he called the religious establishment a brood of vipers.
And fundamentalists seem to believe in the wolves in sheep's clothing metaphor.

I have also been told that a dog eats his own vomit?

(BTW - Red coloring is for moderator use)

Old 01-28-2019, 02:46 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,390,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
It's just pcamps being the adversary he is... nothing new to see here...
For calling out someone's fascination with what they believe is sin and who is a sinner(it's a fundy thing)?. Jesus did not have a problem with the assumed sinner or assumed sin, but it was very evident he did have a problem with those who assumed who is a sinner and assumed what sin is.

You love smearing me and don't even begin to think you don't, this post of yours is just a subtle way of doing it, so stop playing the hypocrite. Address what i am saying rather than taking pot shots at me.

Old 01-28-2019, 02:56 PM

1,491 posts, read 3,121,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Jesus did the same thing when he called the religious establishment a brood of vipers.
And fundamentalists seem to believe in the wolves in sheep's clothing metaphor.

I have also been told that a dog eats his own vomit?

(BTW - Red coloring is for moderator use)
thanks for the heads up on the RED.....did not know.

Old 01-28-2019, 06:00 PM

16,744 posts, read 15,772,655 times
Quote:
thanks for the heads up on the RED.....did not know.
It's in the rules at the top of the main Religion & Spirituality forum. It's a good idea to read the rules.

Old 01-28-2019, 06:07 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,474,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
So you don't believe we should call out adultery or stealing as sin when we see it?
I don't know what you mean by calling out. If stealing is big...and there are degrees under the Law..the person should be dealt with.
Adultery? It's up to the spouse.

Calling out?
Adultery is wrong, stealing is wrong...do I call it out as sin, no, I don't...they are messed up people that need therapy, help of any kind to stop it...these are unhappy people acting out...maybe the thief
feels incorrectly entitled, angry at the world...the adulterer has a sex addiction and isn't in a great marriage...I dunno.

It's not up to me to judge them. I was given 2 things to do, well, and more...love God, love my neighbor,
give God my burdens...judging is a burden ...loving, understanding and counseling are not burdens.
WWJD? Call Them out and throw stones?
These are just people , not Pharisees misleading others and claiming to be reps of Gods written words...
and ripping others off in the Temple.

Last edited by Miss Hepburn; 01-28-2019 at 06:21 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity