Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2016, 10:03 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,178,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimmieGibbler View Post
Mercy doesn't guarantee salvation though we all wish it did

This is not something you should take chances on. The Word of God needs to be the only truth followed.
Bovine excrement.

We all end up at the same place -- Catholic and Muslim, saint and sinner, princess and pauper, gay and straight.

Only the length and difficulty of the journey varies.

Old 03-15-2016, 10:11 PM

85 posts, read 67,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Bovine excrement.

We all end up at the same place -- Catholic and Muslim, saint and sinner, princess and pauper, gay and straight.

Only the length and difficulty of the journey varies.
For your sake, I hope you're correct.

For Christians who believe in the holy scriptures, it doesn't work that way

Old 03-15-2016, 10:22 PM

440 posts, read 377,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
David and Johnathan were NOT lovers, their souls were knitted together, and unlike the New Age counterfeit that has sullied the meaning with "soul mate" nonsense, it means they had a SPIRITUAL covenant, exactly like when two or more are gathered in my name/nature, there I am in the midst of you.

It is IMPOSSIBLE to comprehend anything in the book except some of the milk, if you don't have the basics down of our compartmental make up, which is spirit, soul, and body, and understand that the Tabernacle is another witness to the Word that is written, and the Word that is of the creation.

The whole book is about G-d and His creation man and His message which He repeats to us over and over again, since He knew we were going to become DEAF, DUMB, BLIND, AND LAME in the process He designed for us to walk through, and would need to find Him again. Peace
You can deny it as much as you want but the fact is that David and Jonathan were lovers, they loved each other. The whole story makes it evident that they were in love, very homoerotic. They shared very intimate moments that are common between lovers; not friends, and then the whole story concludes with David expressing his grief and how much Jonathan's love was wonderful to him deeming it higher than the love of women.

By comparing both loves he made it clear what kind of love he was talking about. He could have perfectly said that Jonathan was the best friend he ever had, but no, he didn't compare friendship with friendship; instead, the context was romantic love when he compared it with the love of women.

Old 03-15-2016, 10:33 PM

63,797 posts, read 40,068,856 times
Quote:
But Jesus DID. When will you salvation worriers get it through your head that we have nothing to do with our salvation. Jesus did that and it is finished. We need to concern ourselves with sanctification under His love for us all, period. We do that by Love of God and each other every day and repent when we don't.
Quote:
This is not something you should take chances on. The Word of God needs to be the only truth followed.
And Jesus Christ is the ONLY Living Word of God and He abides with us in our consciousness as the Comforter sent in His name to guide us to the truth God has "written in our hearts. That is the Word of God you are to follow, NOT the "precepts and doctrines of men" Jesus warned us about.

Old 03-15-2016, 10:56 PM

6,855 posts, read 2,844,780 times
Quote:

Jesus Christ is the Word of God. Your presumption that I don't follow Him without knowing me is arrogant.

Old 03-15-2016, 11:24 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,732,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haukur View Post
You can deny it as much as you want but the fact is that David and Jonathan were lovers, they loved each other. The whole story makes it evident that they were in love, very homoerotic. They shared very intimate moments that are common between lovers; not friends, and then the whole story concludes with David expressing his grief and how much Jonathan's love was wonderful to him deeming it higher than the love of women.

By comparing both loves he made it clear what kind of love he was talking about. He could have perfectly said that Jonathan was the best friend he ever had, but no, he didn't compare friendship with friendship; instead, the context was romantic love when he compared it with the love of women.
If David was truly gay, why did he have a man killed so that he could sleep with his wife? That alone shows a great lust and desire for WOMEN. There is absolutely no proof that David and Johnathan were lovers. A gross offensive lie.

Old 03-16-2016, 01:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
But Jesus DID. When will you salvation worriers get it through your head that we have nothing to do with our salvation. Jesus did that and it is finished. We need to concern ourselves with sanctification under His love for us all, period. We do that by Love of God and each other every day and repent when we don't.And Jesus Christ is the ONLY Living Word of God and He abides with us in our consciousness as the Comforter sent in His name to guide us to the truth God has "written in our hearts. That is the Word of God you are to follow, NOT the "precepts and doctrines of men" Jesus warned us about.
Wow! Where did all of this come from?? and much of it is assumptions about me, I am new here

all I said was, "Mercy doesn't guarantee salvation though we all wish it did"

Old 03-16-2016, 01:10 AM

6,855 posts, read 2,844,780 times
Quote:
Wow! Where did all of this come from?? and much of it is assumptions about me, I am new here

all I said was, "Mercy doesn't guarantee salvation though we all wish it did"

It's only through God's mercy that we are saved. We don't decide who receives His mercy, He gives it to whoever He wants.

Old 03-16-2016, 01:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
Jesus Christ is the Word of God. Your presumption that I don't follow Him without knowing me is arrogant.
It is arrogant to assume I thought such since I said no such thing. Yes, Jesus Christ is the word of God. And Jesus aka the Word, says this-

2 Tim 3:15 You have been taught the holy Scriptures from childhood, and they have given you the wisdom to receive the salvation that comes by trusting in Christ Jesus.

So in order to receive the salvation that comes by trusting Jesus, you would have been taught the holy scriptures. It is the source of salvation through faith in Christ. The holy scriptures are IMPERATIVE to developing that faith per Christs (Gods) holy word.

Also part of being taught the holy spirit from childhood through reading the scriptures, your faith in jesus grows so false assumptions become a thing of the past. You will conform to Gods image Colossians 3 and not be so defensive and Judgemental.

Mercy triumphs over judgement

The key is you getting deep into the good book. Oh and I forgive you, nice to meet you by the way.

Old 03-16-2016, 01:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
It's only through God's mercy that we are saved. We don't decide who receives His mercy, He gives it to whoever He wants.
Luke 6:36-37
37 “Judge not, and you will not be judged; condemn not, and you will not be condemned; forgive, and you will be forgiven;

We condemn ourselves each time we judge one another making false assumptions where they do not exist. Where we name call and hate others condemning them because they don't support sin Love means directing them to the Truth of Scripture always. Not just running at the mouth making our own words trump Gods.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity