Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2015, 06:20 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times

Advertisements

This the glaring problem with bible fundamentalism. The OP on another thread speaks of walking in the light as having a walk that is pleasing to the Lord......... here he questions whether loving your neighbor can produce hate.

When a man’s ways please the Lord,
He makes even his enemies to be at peace with him. ...... Well, according to bible fundamentalists it causes our neighbor to hate us.

I think bible fundamentalists need to go back to the drawing board on its understanding on what the scriptures mean in respect to hate, then maybe it will see God in a different light and then maybe a light to the world. I am pretty sure Pastor Viz and peacegiver are disobeying the Lord if they do not hate their parents and brethren,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2015, 06:32 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,723,660 times
That is a valid point. I am quite sure that the message of the gospels is (and I am sure you all know the passages, but I can give them if needed) that the religious community is what matters - not the family.

So many examples of broken families because of course if the family is part of the religious community, then that is all fine and dandy and religion keeps family together. But if some of the family has left and joined a different religion, then the family falls apart and they are Dead to each other.

This is the message of Christianity from Mark to Paul and right up to the present day and Tracie Harris produced 2 excellent you tubes on this subject of how religion is not as good for families as the propaganda would like us to believe.

In fact I may post it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8As0Pdt1Ds

Old 10-03-2015, 07:29 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,192,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
You bet.

"I don't want to see you go to hell neighbour..out of Love I am going to force you to believe what I believe, no matter what it takes."

Easiest thing in the world.

I'll leave Vizio's persecution -complex post to others.
Christianity has nothing to do with forced belief. Perhaps you're thinking Islam. They are the ones that the famous execution videos with a thug standing behind a guy in an orange jumpsuit.

We're not the ones that are forcing others to remove monuments from public places and to scrub all remnants of any belief other than our own from the public square. That would be the atheists.

Old 10-03-2015, 08:05 AM

16,673 posts, read 15,672,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Christianity has nothing to do with forced belief. Perhaps you're thinking Islam. They are the ones that the famous execution videos with a thug standing behind a guy in an orange jumpsuit.

We're not the ones that are forcing others to remove monuments from public places and to scrub all remnants of any belief other than our own from the public square. That would be the atheists.
That is completely false. Whoever demands removal of religious artifacts from public buildings demands removal of the ALL, including artifacts representative of their OWN beliefs, whatever that may be.

To state that they want "remnants of any belief other than our own" removed is just plain untrue.

Old 10-03-2015, 09:57 AM

4,217 posts, read 2,785,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Walk in love and you won't have to be so concerned about the light.
Those who walk in the light are pure and the righteous live in the love of the Lord.

Old 10-03-2015, 10:25 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,223,196 times
Quote:
His disciples were all hated. People accused them of many evil things because they didn't believe as the world does. It shouldn't surprise us that we get called all sorts of nasty names because we actually take a stand and declare that some things are good and some are bad.
I do too..

I take a stand and equivocally say these are all BAD---

BIGOTRY justified by the bible

DISCRIMINATION based on the bible.

REVENGE based on the bible.

ISOLATION based on teh bible

Denying health insurance based on the bible

Withholding education based on the bible

Outlawing abortion only to deny SUPPORT for the child is BAD

Hating in the LGBT community while feeling up your sisters is WRONG

Hating on single mothers when you have TWO OUT OF WEDLOCK children is WRONG

Claiming to be patriotic and demanding WAR with Iran, but refusing to provide care for VETERANS is DISGUSTING.

THESE ARE REASONS WHY THE WORLD HATES ME.. These are a few of the things I take a stand on and just a few things that are not only BAD, but down right WRONG!

Old 10-03-2015, 10:25 AM

4,217 posts, read 2,785,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
This the glaring problem with bible fundamentalism. The OP on another thread speaks of walking in the light as having a walk that is pleasing to the Lord......... here he questions whether loving your neighbor can produce hate.

When a man’s ways please the Lord,
He makes even his enemies to be at peace with him. ...... Well, according to bible fundamentalists it causes our neighbor to hate us.

I think bible fundamentalists need to go back to the drawing board on its understanding on what the scriptures mean in respect to hate, then maybe it will see God in a different light and then maybe a light to the world. I am pretty sure Pastor Viz and peacegiver are disobeying the Lord if they do not hate their parents and brethren,
This posting shows a lack of understanding and shows that some choose to ignore the teaching of Jesus because they only use what is easy.

Jesus was hated because He testified the truth which the world hates. The truth is the word of God as Jesus stated. The word of God was given to the son of man ,the prophets, and is written in scripture. Some here seem to think that the words written in ink are not the truth which is incorrect. They say this then turn around and use what is written in ink. Amazing. These people remind me of those who hate the light when Jesus said they will not come near it.

Those who hate the word of God written in ink hate God since as Jesus said, God is His word. If the word of God is in you then the Holy Spirit is in you. No word of God, no Holy Spirit.

John 3:20 NRS

For all who do evil hate the light and do not come to the light, so that their deeds may not be exposed.

Old 10-03-2015, 10:31 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,223,196 times
Quote:

HATING others is a sign of weakness?

No it is NOT ISLAM doing teh execution--it is ISIS, extreme radical TERRORISTS

Unless of course you are willing to concede it was CHRISTIANS who blew up women's clinics and MURDERED doctors..which we all know, they were not "christians." Right?

Old 10-03-2015, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
HATING others is a sign of weakness?
What? I have no idea what you mean by asking that.
Quote:
No it is NOT ISLAM doing teh execution--it is ISIS, extreme radical TERRORISTS
They claim to be Islamic. What right do you have to say otherwise? Even the resident moderator Muslim on this board will tell you he won't say they're not Muslims.
Quote:

Unless of course you are willing to concede it was CHRISTIANS who blew up women's clinics and MURDERED doctors..which we all know, they were not "christians." Right?
Of course not. Christians don't do that. I'm happy to condemn a violent act such as that.

What tenet of Christianity do you believe they were practicing?

Old 10-03-2015, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
I do too..

I take a stand and equivocally say these are all BAD---

BIGOTRY justified by the bible

DISCRIMINATION based on the bible.

REVENGE based on the bible.

ISOLATION based on teh bible

Denying health insurance based on the bible

Withholding education based on the bible

Outlawing abortion only to deny SUPPORT for the child is BAD

Hating in the LGBT community while feeling up your sisters is WRONG

Hating on single mothers when you have TWO OUT OF WEDLOCK children is WRONG

Claiming to be patriotic and demanding WAR with Iran, but refusing to provide care for VETERANS is DISGUSTING.

THESE ARE REASONS WHY THE WORLD HATES ME.. These are a few of the things I take a stand on and just a few things that are not only BAD, but down right WRONG!

I don't hate you or call you names. But I think you're sadly mistaken about the Bible, and Christianity. I feel bad for you that you seem to be happy to continue in that ignorance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity