Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2015, 02:23 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Finn, read what was stated above a few more times.
And see, if you can comprehend it without alterations.

I made no contradiction from what was stated:

Religiousness, masquerades itself as being the light.
While it condemns the rest of humanity to darkness.

A persons deeds consist of their thought and actions.
You cannot love others, while condemning them.
OK. read it them.

Can you answer the questions now?

Do you think Jesus meant (in John 3) what you are saying?

They are simple questions, but you keep posting deflections.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2015, 02:31 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
They are simple questions, but you keep posting deflections.
The action or process of deflecting comes from your own thoughts, not mine.

Old 10-06-2015, 02:37 PM

What is this light that shines in the heart, exposing your deeds?

Old 10-06-2015, 08:45 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,785,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Finn, read what was stated above a few more times.
And see, if you can comprehend it without alterations.

I made no contradiction from what was stated:

Religiousness, masquerades itself as being the light.
While it condemns the rest of humanity to darkness.

A persons deeds consist of their thought and actions.
You cannot love others, while condemning them.
"By your words you'll be justified and by your words you'll be condemned."

"The words I speak are not my own it is the Father who lives in me performing His works."

Here you can see that the words of God are the works that save.

Jesus never said, by your actions you'll be justified. He said by your words. Twist it how you like but it says what it means.

Anyone who hears my word and does not keep it I am not the one who condemns him for I did not come to condemn the world but to save it. Anyone who rejects me and does not accept my word he already has his judge namely the words I have spoken that's what will condemn him on the last day.

Old 10-06-2015, 08:51 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Based on your clarification of your views, we ALL were born and came into the world to testify the truth . .. and God has sent us the Comforter in Christ's name to lead us to the truth God has "written in our hearts."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
Not all have the truth or know the Messiahs name.
OH for pete's sake, anyone can read the words you read and parrot them back again. There is nothing special about doing that! Sheesh!

Old 10-06-2015, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Jesus never said, by your actions you'll be justified. He said by your words.
Twist it how you like but it says what it means.
Hold tightly to those thoughts, they are "repetitiously" manifested in your actions.

Old 10-06-2015, 09:13 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Quote:

Jesus never said, by your actions you'll be justified. He said by your words. Twist it how you like but it says what it means.

Anyone who hears my word and does not keep it I am not the one who condemns him for I did not come to condemn the world but to save it. Anyone who rejects me and does not accept my word he already has his judge namely the words I have spoken that's what will condemn him on the last day.
Using Jesus' words to make yourself sound like him isn't a copyright violation....but it should be.

Old 10-06-2015, 09:29 PM

7,321 posts, read 6,926,415 times
Keeping Jesus word, is obedience ,more than the letter but to the direction of the Holy Spirit Jesus solely designated to teach in his place. One is not righteous with out it.
"Seek ye first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness......."

Old 10-06-2015, 11:05 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Using Jesus' words to make yourself sound like him isn't a copyright violation....but it should be.
He, he, he . . . Good one, Dew.

Old 10-06-2015, 11:20 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,785,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
OH for pete's sake, anyone can read the words you read and parrot them back again. There is nothing special about doing that! Sheesh!
That's the point. Anyone can accept my words though they are not mine but the Lord's who sent me.

Funny how Jesus parroted the words of the Father and sent His followers as He was sent with the same words and glory yet you claim to follow Him but do nothing of the sort. Ridiculous.

I do nothing on my own I judge as I hear and my judgment is righteous because I am not seeking my own will but the will of Him who sent me.
The Lord who sent me commanded me what to say and how to speak and since I know His commandment is eternal life what I say is spoken just as He instructed me.

Anyone who speaks on his own seeks his own glory but he who seeks the glory of the One who sent him is truthful and there is no unrighteousness in him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity