Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2015, 02:14 PM

64,030 posts, read 40,336,559 times

Advertisements

Can loving your neighbor produce hate ?
No. And I doubt anyone hates, Peacegiver, though his belief that he is the "Son of Man" sent by God Himself is silly. What is odd is that he actually thinks we are just supposed to talk the talk, i.e. parrot the words of Christ, as our purpose in life. So that is what he does. I find it strange that pinacled and he seem to get on so well since pinacled believes we have to walk the walk . . . not merely talk the talk. Weird premise of the thread that love would ever beget hate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2015, 06:18 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,832,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
No. And I doubt anyone hates, Peacegiver, though his belief that he is the "Son of Man" sent by God Himself is silly. What is odd is that he actually thinks we are just supposed to talk the talk, i.e. parrot the words of Christ, as our purpose in life. So that is what he does. I find it strange that pinacled and he seem to get on so well since pinacled believes we have to walk the walk . . . not merely talk the talk. Weird premise of the thread that love would ever beget hate.

Maybe you have not witnessed it yet. I am not sure what experiences you have had.
Be vigilant Mystic..

Hebrews 13King James Version (KJV)

13 Let brotherly love continue.
2 Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.
3 Remember them that are in bonds, as bound with them; and them which suffer adversity, as being yourselves also in the body.
4 Marriage is honourable in all, and the bed undefiled: but whoremongers and adulterers God will judge.
5 Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.
6 So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.
7 Remember them which have the rule over you, who have spoken unto you the word of God: whose faith follow, considering the end of their conversation.
8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Old 10-05-2015, 06:44 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,796,239 times
Quote:
The thing is, is that those who love others in the manner you speak of do not produce hate. Jesus said if they hate you know they hate me before you. If one does as Jesus did it does produce hate because He claimed to be the son of God and those who follow Him are sent as He was sent. That is what the book of John says.

Now, as far as me being sent by God as you say, this is not as you might think. It is so in a manner of speaking but only as God thinks. I was born as any man is just as Jesus was. They persecuted Him as well. His life as man thinks was set up so we all could imitate Him. This is God's doing so that every man could atone for his own sin. God set it up so each man could be His child because we are judged by words and God's word is His son or child. Without the word of God He will not hear you. He acknowledges His son, His word. I am His word, His son,because I use it as Jesus instructed. Everyone can be His son, His word and servant. I am not special in that regard. But I believe I am the first to find it.

"The son can only do what he sees the Father doing. Whatever the Father does the son does likewise for the Father loves the son and whatever he does He shows him."

That verse is not speaking of Jesus alone but all who follow Him. The son uses the words of the Father. God loves him/ her for it and shows them His secrets.

Old 10-05-2015, 06:48 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,800,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
Jesus said that His followers would be hated by all because of His name. How do you love your neighbor as man thinks and produce hate? It can't be done. But if you continue in His word and teaching that will produce hate. I know there is at least one person here who hates me for doing as Jesus did.

Matthew 10:22 NRS

and you will be hated by all because of my name. But the one who endures to the end will be saved.

John 15:18

"If the world hates you, know that it hates me before you."

Are you hated ?
Jesus loved His neighbor, but He also spoke the truth, and same is true about the apostles. Jesus and the apostles were murdered for what they said.

Today they would be called hateful bigots and "pure evil". Those are the names used to describe followers of Christ today.

The truth can be very offensive to those who hate the light. Why do they hate the light?

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 10-05-2015 at 07:05 PM..

Old 10-05-2015, 07:26 PM

37,342 posts, read 28,401,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Jesus loved His neighbor, but He also spoke the truth, and same is true about the apostles. Jesus and the apostles were murdered for what they said.

Today they would be called hateful bigots and "pure evil". Those are the names used to describe followers of Christ today.

The truth can be very offensive to those who hate the light. Why do they hate the light?
Actually what is hated is the darkness being passed off to be Light. Don't flatter yourself.

Old 10-05-2015, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Quote:
The thing is, is that those who love others in the manner you speak of do not produce hate. Jesus said if they hate you know they hate me before you. If one does as Jesus did it does produce hate because He claimed to be the son of God and those who follow Him are sent as He was sent. That is what the book of John says.
Now, as far as me being sent by God as you say, this is not as you might think. It is so in a manner of speaking but only as God thinks. I was born as any man is just as Jesus was. They persecuted Him as well. His life as man thinks was set up so we all could imitate Him. This is God's doing so that every man could atone for his own sin. God set it up so each man could be His child because we are judged by words and God's word is His son or child. Without the word of God He will not hear you. He acknowledges His son, His word. I am His word, His son,because I use it as Jesus instructed. Everyone can be His son, His word and servant. I am not special in that regard. But I believe I am the first to find it.
"The son can only do what he sees the Father doing. Whatever the Father does the son does likewise for the Father loves the son and whatever he does He shows him."
That verse is not speaking of Jesus alone but all who follow Him. The son uses the words of the Father. God loves him/ her for it and shows them His secrets.
Thank you for that clarification, Peacegiver. I am much relieved that you are NOT actually deluded. Your interpretation of our roles as children of God is accurate, but it is in no way exclusive. ALL God's children are supposed to follow Christ's example, but not just with words. Talking the talk is only necessary if it produces walking the walk.

Old 10-05-2015, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Thank you for that clarification, Peacegiver. I am much relieved that you are NOT actually deluded. Your interpretation of our roles as children of God is accurate, but it is in no way exclusive. ALL God's children are supposed to follow Christ's example, but not just with words. Talking the talk is only necessary if it produces walking the walk.
Many time Jesus used words of anger that were hurtful to the people who taught other than what He believed. He did not use nice easy loving words. Does that mean He did not walk the walk? No. Because He was sent to testify the truth.

The reason I was born and came into the world is to testify the truth!!!

Old 10-05-2015, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Many time Jesus used words of anger that were hurtful to the people who taught other than what He believed. He did not use nice easy loving words. Does that mean He did not walk the walk? No. Because He was sent to testify the truth.
The reason I was born and came into the world is to testify the truth!!!
Based on your clarification of your views, we ALL were born and came into the world to testify the truth . .. and God has sent us the Comforter in Christ's name to lead us to the truth God has "written in our hearts."

Old 10-05-2015, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Based on your clarification of your views, we ALL were born and came into the world to testify the truth . .. and God has sent us the Comforter in Christ's name to lead us to the truth God has "written in our hearts."
Not all have the truth or know the Messiahs name. The Spirit of Truth reminds people what the Lord has said so they in turn can serve the Lord in spirit and in truth.

"When He comes, the spirit of truth he will guide you to all truth. He will not speak on his own but will speak what he hears and declare to you the things that are to come. He will glorify me because He will take from what is mine and declare it to you."

"The Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, He will instruct you in everything and remind you of all that I told you."

Old 10-06-2015, 12:00 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,970,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
His disciples were all hated. People accused them of many evil things because they didn't believe as the world does. It shouldn't surprise us that we get called all sorts of nasty names because we actually take a stand and declare that some things are good and some are bad.
Generally speaking, that's not what does it. The answer to the OP is yes, it can produce hate in those who don't want to see your neighbor loved. Most of the time that is the people who take a stand in declaring things that are bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity