Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2015, 09:16 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,788,953 times

Advertisements

Jesus said that His followers would be hated by all because of His name. How do you love your neighbor as man thinks and produce hate? It can't be done. But if you continue in His word and teaching that will produce hate. I know there is at least one person here who hates me for doing as Jesus did.

Matthew 10:22 NRS

and you will be hated by all because of my name. But the one who endures to the end will be saved.

John 15:18

"If the world hates you, know that it hates me before you."

Are you hated ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2015, 10:27 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,389,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
Jesus said that His followers would be hated by all because of His name. How do you love your neighbor as man thinks and produce hate? It can't be done. But if you continue in His word and teaching that will produce hate. I know there is at least one person here who hates me for doing as Jesus did.

and you will be hated by all because of my name. But the one who endures to the end will be saved.

Are you hated ?
I don't believe anyone hates you.
And most can read for themselves.

Repeating something, over and over.
Doesn't serve much of a purpose.

Old 10-02-2015, 10:45 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,788,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
I don't believe anyone hates you.
And most can read for themselves.

Repeating something, over and over.
Doesn't serve much of a purpose.
I never have posted those verses before.

There may be some who needed a refresher on it.

It is about keeping the word. Keeping it alive. Keeping the light in you, the truth.

"Walk in the light while you have it or darkness will come over you."

Old 10-02-2015, 10:49 PM

569 posts, read 553,468 times
Quote:
O well, the R&D fellows are normally deemed insane. And that was why they had their own private labs. The problem was wether you were researching&developing for the love toward your neighbors; or you were just taking advantages on the SOPs for your own profits.

But of course not that we could use our standards to rule God. And that was why I proposed the servtitudes for every common religious fellows; wherever we art.

Old 10-02-2015, 11:13 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,389,384 times
Quote:
I never have posted those verses before.

There may be some who needed a refresher on it.

It is about keeping the word. Keeping it alive. Keeping the light in you, the truth.

"Walk in the light while you have it or darkness will come over you."
Walk in love and you won't have to be so concerned about the light.

Old 10-02-2015, 11:36 PM

63,888 posts, read 40,164,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Walk in love and you won't have to be so concerned about the light.

Old 10-03-2015, 02:39 AM

9,694 posts, read 10,033,758 times
Usually the Spirit of religion will be blasphemed by the message of Jesus , see this spirit of religion is contention and discord , .. Jesus said to the Pharisees you clean your cup on the outside but leave it unclean on the outside , which may be the outward appearance to clean what people can see but leave the heart of the man unclean and evil ........There is a religion of humanism which does not like the fact that people believe in God and that they go to church and have meetings , which they like to abolish .......Where people who are just atheist and not humanism then they do not care if people believe in God , as long as you do not bother them , religion can do what it wants ........

Old 10-03-2015, 03:37 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,250,221 times
Quote:

Are you hated ?
May be I am?

Here is a list of PEOPLE who are hated--

There are too many evangelicals using the bible as justification to HATE their neighbors--

Why do so many hate their GAY neighbor?

Their Muslim Neighbor?

Their atheist neighbor?

The disabled neighbor?

Their Hispanic neighbor?

Their Asian neighbor?

Their Poor neighbor?

Their imprisoned neighbor?

Their hungry neighbor?

Their homeless neighbor?

Their neighbor who is different from them?

Old 10-03-2015, 05:35 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,212,671 times
Quote:

Are you hated ?
His disciples were all hated. People accused them of many evil things because they didn't believe as the world does. It shouldn't surprise us that we get called all sorts of nasty names because we actually take a stand and declare that some things are good and some are bad.

Old 10-03-2015, 06:13 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,767,902 times
Default Can loving your neighbor produce hate ?

You bet.

"I don't want to see you go to hell neighbour..out of Love I am going to force you to believe what I believe, no matter what it takes."

Easiest thing in the world.

I'll leave Vizio's persecution -complex post to others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity