Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2015, 10:47 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanJP View Post
Of course that would be based on your own level of comprehension, which seems a tad underwhelming.
You're cute when you're pompous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2015, 10:53 PM

339 posts, read 195,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
You're cute when you're pompous.

If this is the extent of your style of posting, then let me know now so I can put you on ignore and not waste my time.

Old 10-14-2015, 08:48 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,180,466 times
Quote:
If this is the extent of your style of posting, then let me know now so I can put you on ignore and not waste my time.
I'm already there...

Old 10-14-2015, 09:13 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I'm already there...
The people that put me on ignore are people allergic to truth.

Unfortunately, there's very little hope for a cure.

Poor things.

Old 10-14-2015, 09:30 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,219,613 times
Quote:
Nope.

But I consider your post a compliment. Many of the finest minds on CD belong to atheists.
AMEN!!

I love a great dinner party where guests are free to speak, think and question without FEAR or "threats" to be ignored!

Old 10-14-2015, 02:36 PM

339 posts, read 195,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I'm already there...

Being new, it will take me a while to weed out all the chaff.

Old 10-14-2015, 02:51 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times
Quote:
Of course that would be based on your own level of comprehension, which seems a tad underwhelming.
Translation: That poster disagrees with me, so I'm going to insult him.

Old 10-14-2015, 02:54 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times
Quote:
The people that put me on ignore are people allergic to truth.

Unfortunately, there's very little hope for a cure.

Poor things.
Yeah. Benadryl doesn't work on that.

Whatever. Welcome to the club, Trout! Newbies buy. (You'll need to be quick about it because at the rate he's putting people on Ignore you'll be the newbie for about 20 minutes.)

Old 10-14-2015, 03:10 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,917,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Yeah. Benadryl doesn't work on that.

Whatever. Welcome to the club, Trout! Newbies buy. (You'll need to be quick about it because at the rate he's putting people on Ignore you'll be the newbie for about 20 minutes.)
Benedryl is horrible stuff. It puts Christians to sleep......to the truth.

Old 10-14-2015, 03:15 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,189,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
"I kissed my girlfriend at my house and also afterward, when I kissed her at the soda shop."

New International Version
The Nephilim were on the earth in those days and also afterward when the sons of God went to the daughters of humans and had children by them.

English Standard Version
The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of man and they bore children to them.

New American Standard Bible
The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of men, and they bore children to them.

King James Bible
There were giants in the earth in those days and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them

International Standard Version
The Nephilim were on the earth at that time (and also immediately afterward), when those divine beings were having sexual relations with those human women, who gave birth to children for them.

NET Bible
The Nephilim were on the earth in those days (and also after this) when the sons of God were having sexual relations with the daughters of humankind, who gave birth to their children.

Og, a remnant [leftover] of the Nephilim..." remnant of when---before the flood or after the flood. Gotta be one or the other. Either way, the Bible says in no uncertain English that Nephilim were on the earth before AND after the flood. That's plain English. That's EXACTLY what the text says.

The verse reads that there were Nephilim AFTER THE FLOOD and also that the Sons of God went in to the women "AFTERWARD"----placing the presence of Nephilim at least AFTER THE FLOOD. We assume the Sons of God did this also BEFORE the flood although it doesn't specifically say so, because how else could the Nephilim have gotten on the earth before the flood if the Sons of God didn't have sex with the human women? So, sex with the women DEFINITEY AFTER THE FLOOD, and we assume BEFORE the flood.

Find a way around that!
The question is what does "Sons of God" mean? The text doesn't suggest they were angels or demons. Nowhere else in scripture is it even hinted at that angels or demons can mate with human beings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity