Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2016, 01:56 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,604,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
This was the first one. (The other one was post #292.)

Electron, I don't know if you know my history at all, but I believed all of what you've posted here for 4 decades. I don't doubt your sincerity, nor do I doubt that love is operating within you, so don't take the rest of this personally ...

Those beliefs are the psychological equivalent of an abusive husband telling his wife that she is a worthless piece of garbage and that she should be grateful that he loved her so much that he was willing to marry her because no one else would or could ever want someone so vile.

The wife might actually believe that husband, and be grateful for his "mercy". But do you really think that what that husband is offering his wife is love?
God IS offering love. All you need to do is allow Him.

I am sorry you felt God was like an abusive husband to you for 40 years. I can't even imagine what that might feel like.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2016, 02:10 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,385,854 times
Twist, twist, twist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Not according to the beliefs as described in Electron's post. That isn't love, and if you think it is, your concept of love has been warped.

Old 01-13-2016, 02:13 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,277,299 times
Quote:

I am sorry you felt God was like an abusive husband to you for 40 years. I can't even imagine what that might feel like.
God does not offer he gives and gives and gives again.

Old 01-13-2016, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
God does not offer he gives and gives and gives again.
You know, I was going to type the same thing and then didn't, for whatever reason. I'm glad you did.

Old 01-13-2016, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Twist, twist, twist.

Not according to the beliefs as described in Electron's post. That isn't love, and if you think it is, your concept of love has been warped.
You said it was YOUR history for 40 years, and you compared it to an abusive husband. Its your story. You don't know how others experience God's love, so you can only speak for yourself, which is exactly what you did.

My experience with God is completely different, and I cannot even imagine what it might have been like for you for 40 years under the "abusive husband" situation with your god/faith/beliefs.

Quote:
Pleroo: I don't know if you know my history at all, but I believed all of what you've posted here for 4 decades .........

....Those beliefs are the psychological equivalent of an abusive husband telling his wife that she is a worthless piece of garbage......

Old 01-13-2016, 02:23 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,277,299 times
Quote:
You know, I was going to type the same thing and then didn't, for whatever reason. I'm glad you did.
I'll offered to help the man beaten and robbed ........ I belped the man beaten and robbed.....See the difference?.

Old 01-13-2016, 02:26 PM

Twist, twist, twist.

Quote:
You said it was YOUR history for 40 years, and you compared it to an abusive husband. Its your story. You don't know how others experience God's love, so you can only speak for yourself, which is exactly what you did.

My experience is completely different, and I cannot even imagine what it might have been like for you for 40 years under the "abusive husband" situation with God and your faith or beliefs.
The beliefs as described by Electron are the psychological equivalent of an abusive husband. If you do not subscribe to those beliefs, great. Who knows? You never are forthcoming about what you actually do believe.

Old 01-13-2016, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I'll offered to help the man beaten and robbed ........ I belped the man beaten and robbed.....See the difference?.
Yup. Because if you offered to help the man who was beaten and robbed but he's lying there unable to respond, you can just claim, "Well, I offered, but he chose not to accept my help, so what could I do?"

Old 01-13-2016, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Twist, twist, twist.

The beliefs as described by Electron are the psychological equivalent of an abusive husband. If you do not subscribe to those beliefs, great. Who knows? You never are forthcoming about what you actually do believe.
You have a strange habit of saying things, and then denying them only few minutes later.

Quote:
Pleroo: I don't know if you know my history at all, but I believed all of what you've posted here for 4 decades .........

....Those beliefs are the psychological equivalent of an abusive husband telling his wife that she is a worthless piece of garbage......
That is your history, which you try to project on someone else.

I am sorry about your difficult past, but just because you felt that way does not mean others do.

Old 01-13-2016, 02:30 PM

1,290 posts, read 2,568,660 times
Quote:
This was the first one. (The other one was post #292.)

Electron, I don't know if you know my history at all, but I believed all of what you've posted here for 4 decades. I don't doubt your sincerity, nor do I doubt that love is operating within you, so don't take the rest of this personally ...

Those beliefs are the psychological equivalent of an abusive husband telling his wife that she is a worthless piece of garbage and that she should be grateful that he loved her so much that he was willing to marry her because no one else would or could ever want someone so vile.

The wife might actually believe that husband, and be grateful for his "mercy". But do you really think that what that husband is offering his wife is love?
Negative, Ghostrider It is the actual equivalent of the return of the prodigal son. My apologies for an inadequate explanation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity