Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2016, 03:04 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,722,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
I said that the beliefs which Electron described about God are the equivalent of an abusive husband. If you think those beliefs describe a God who is "offering love", then your concept of love is warped.
Why did you stay in the "abusive husband" situation for so long?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2016, 03:06 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,232,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Why did you stay in that "abusive husband" situation for so long?
Why have you?

You're just like she was a few years ago. She didn't recognize it as such then, either. Just as you do not now.

Old 01-13-2016, 03:08 PM

17,164 posts, read 11,416,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Why have you?

You're just like she was a few years ago. She didn't recognize it as such then, either. Just as you do not now.
Precisely.

Old 01-13-2016, 03:08 PM

7,321 posts, read 6,942,124 times
Jesus Gospel is the provision God made to provide access to God again ,promised in the old testament, Jerimiah 31; 31,32,33,34, the provision of the Holy Spirit to link up with God.
Jesus ,God in the flesh, demonstrated the relationship of obedience ,not nit picking the scriptures to suit Him self, or avoid conflict, in fact generated conflict, but in obedience to the Father, real time, regardless of the cost of His life.
Jesus said that one must be born of the Spirit , other wise one cannot see the kingdom of God. John 3;
Joining a church does not accomplish this .
Jesus requires repentance first, turning from self govern to Gods govern.
Jesus said," blessed are they that do hunger and thirst after righteousness (Obedience to God the Father), for they shall be filled."
The gift of the Holy Spirit is available to those that choose "Jesus" Lordship in their life.
Disingenuous need not apply.

Old 01-13-2016, 03:09 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,344,770 times
Quote:
Why did you stay in the "abusive husband" situation for so long?
The same as you probably, fear of eternal hell for divorcing yourself from a belief system that enslaved all who accept it to be gospel.

Old 01-13-2016, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Why have you?

My relationship with God is the opposite of what Pleroo experienced.

Your logic fails you. It is impossible to live in perfectly happy, fulfilling and loving relationship, which could be described as abusive.

It is hilarious that someone would tell someone who lives in a perfect relationship, that his/her relationship is like living with an abusive husband

Tell happy people they are miserable. That's projection on steroids.

Yes, Satan wants you to think that God is like an abusive husband. If you disagree, he'll tell you that you are miserable, but just don't know it.

Thanks guys, but I am not giving up what I have no matter what. I do not want to trade it for anything.

Old 01-13-2016, 03:22 PM

10,295 posts, read 9,707,929 times
Quote:
God is not holding your sins against you, and you are only separated from God in your mind, not in reality. Period.

The people of Jesus' time really needed to hear that, I'd say. And so do those of us in this day and age who've been under the burden put on us by evangelical Christianity, and any other religion or world view, that insists we've got to do something or believe certain doctrines in order for God to stop being angry with us.
Quote:
I said that the beliefs which Electron described about God are the equivalent of an abusive husband. If you think those beliefs describe a God who is "offering love", then your concept of love is warped.
These post are nothing but deception and far from God's truth !! A deception that was created in the beginning and is definitely from the pit of hell..... satan has been trying to keep people from the truth for 2000 yrs. And it is a shame some have fallen for the lies and are being deceived and trying to get other's to go along with what they proclaim to be God's truth !! They have become an instrument of the very enemy of their soul.

I am so thankful God is greater then all this and knows the heart of those who truly are seeking Him in spirit and truth !!
As God did/is "offering love" through His only begotten Son, Jesus Christ.

16 “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.
17 For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him.
18 He who believes in Him is not judged; he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
19 This is the judgment, that the Light has come into the world, and men loved the darkness rather than the Light, for their deeds were evil.
20 For everyone who does evil hates the Light, and does not come to the Light for fear that his deeds will be exposed.
21 But he who practices the truth comes to the Light, so that his deeds may be manifested as having been wrought in God.” John 3:16-21

Sorry, pleroo, but you are not telling people God's truth ! And yes, I'm feeling fine. I just can not sit back any more and keep reading the lies that are being told about my God !!
I wish you would reconsider what you have been believing because satan is having a hay day with your mind and that worries me deeply. I don't know what has happen in your life to make you turn away from what God had given you in the past. You seem like a very sweet and smart lady and I hate seeing you being deceived into believing the lies satan is whispering into your very soul.

Please, please turn back to where you once were. For the angels in heaven rejoice, singing glory, glory to the most High God when one sinner or sister in the Lord repents !!

Old 01-13-2016, 03:27 PM

Cyber, I'm not going to respond right now to the content of your post, but I did want to post immediately and tell you thank you for your heartfelt concern. I appreciate your sincerity.

Old 01-13-2016, 03:36 PM

Quote:
My relationship with God is the opposite of what Pleroo experienced.

Your logic fails you. It is impossible to live in perfectly happy, fulfilling and loving relationship, which could be described as abusive.

It is hilarious that someone would tell someone who lives in a perfect relationship, that his/her relationship is like living with an abusive husband

Tell happy people they are miserable. That's projection on steroids.

Yes, Satan wants you to think that God is like an abusive husband, even if you don't realize it.

Thanks guys, but I am not giving up what I have no matter what. I do not want to trade it for anything.

I reiterate ... the belief system that Electron described is the equivalent of an abusive husband. Since God is NOT an abusive husband, no relationship with GOD could resemble such. Whatever degree of happy, fulfilling and loving relationship any of us enjoy with God is IN SPITE of any beliefs we hold (such as the ones Electron described) that portray God in such a warped manner.

Old 01-13-2016, 03:50 PM

Quote:
I reiterate ... the belief system that Electron described is the equivalent of an abusive husband. Since God is NOT an abusive husband, no relationship with GOD could resemble such. Whatever degree of happy, fulfilling and loving relationship any of us enjoy with God is IN SPITE of any beliefs we hold (such as the ones Electron described) that portray God in such a warped manner.
I am sorry you had to go through it for such a long time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity