Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2016, 05:13 AM

37,347 posts, read 28,433,746 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electron View Post
Suffice to say, I got the exact answer I was expecting. Finn, Arleigh, CM.... these poor souls don't know what the Gospel is. As Alistair Begg puts it... they enjoy a gospel that theologically vague and harmlessly accommodating.
Hey ? You have a belief that suits your concept of God. The gospel is good news not bad news, it is not a message be saved from eternal hell(nowhere can such a message be found within the scriptures) but believe on me and "experience" the salvation of God in the present moment. Like I said on another thread .... Take away what the belief system what fundamentalism is built upon .... the bible and heaven and hell you are left only with hay and stubble.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2016, 05:21 AM

Quote:
Suffice to say, I got the exact answer I was expecting. Finn, Arleigh, CM.... these poor souls don't know what the Gospel is. As Alistair Begg puts it... they enjoy a gospel that theologically vague and harmlessly accommodating.
The truth of the matter is, there is absolutely nothing to enjoy about fundamental Christianity. The gospel of Jesus Christ is one of joy and peace that when believed upon is our daily experience, not something you look back to and experienced when you became a Christian. If that is your testimony you are believing something that does not do what it says.

I wish Trump had said he would ban the bible In America until they could figure out what's gone wrong with Christianity instead of banning the Muslims, he'd probably get my vote then.

Old 01-14-2016, 06:21 AM

598 posts, read 360,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
The truth of the matter is, there is absolutely nothing to enjoy about fundamental Christianity. The gospel of Jesus Christ is one of joy and peace that when believed upon is our daily experience, not something you look back to and experienced when you became a Christian. If that is your testimony you are believing something that does not do what it says.

I wish Trump had said he would ban the bible In America until they could figure out what's gone wrong with Christianity instead of banning the Muslims, he'd probably get my vote then.
If you would seek after the truth you would find out that the ""tail of the dragon" is those whose preaching is driven by the dragon in the same way a dog wags their tail. Here they are seen causing Christians to fall from obtaining their rightful inheritance

Rev.12:3 And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads.

Isaiah 9:15 The ancient and honourable, he is the head; and the prophet that teacheth lies, he is the tail.

Re.12:4 And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.

The first effort satan makes towards the goal of removing the Christian from becoming a 100 fold overcomer in the image and likeness of Jesus Christ is separate them from the truth found only in the Word of God that just happens to be the exact same mission you have chosen to accomplish

There is no difference between you and your hate for the Bible versus preachers teaching eternal punishment every sunday as you are both false prophets and liars doing the devils bidding

Just so you know whose lyrics you are singing

Old 01-14-2016, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livelystone View Post
If you would seek after the truth you would find out that the ""tail of the dragon" is those whose preaching is driven by the dragon in the same way a dog wags their tail. Here they are seen causing Christians to fall from obtaining their rightful inheritance

Rev.12:3 And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads.

Isaiah 9:15 The ancient and honourable, he is the head; and the prophet that teacheth lies, he is the tail.

Re.12:4 And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.

The first effort satan makes towards the goal of removing the Christian from becoming a 100 fold overcomer in the image and likeness of Jesus Christ is separate them from the truth found only in the Word of God that just happens to be the exact same mission you have chosen to accomplish

There is no difference between you and your hate for the Bible versus preachers teaching eternal punishment every sunday as you are both false prophets and liars doing the devils bidding

Just so you know whose lyrics you are singing
Let me just say this in response. I read the scriptures daily and love the scripture ..... I reject daily the interpretations of it by fundamentalists, the scriptures in the hands of fundamentalists is like giving access to Eden to fallen man, it corrupts everything. I too can live without the scriptures because of the reality of Jesus Christ in me. Therefore I could easily survive the bible being banned in this country so that we can fix Christianity. Jesus Christ came not preaching the scriptures he came in the power and authority of who he knew he was.

Old 01-14-2016, 06:54 AM

598 posts, read 360,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Let me just say this in response. I read the scriptures daily and love the scripture ..... I reject daily the interpretations of it by fundamentalists, the scriptures in the hands of fundamentalists is like giving access to Eden to fallen man, it corrupts everything. I too can live without the scriptures because of the reality of Jesus Christ in me. Therefore I could easily survive the bible being banned in this country so that we can fix Christianity. Jesus Christ came not preaching the scriptures he came in the power and authority of who he knew he was.

I like your reply and here is something you can take for whatever you think it is worth

Last summer when I went to start a second book the Lord told me not to bother as it was to late. Now it is time for the righteous to be righteous because the wicked will be wicked

IMO this is a far cry from what Jesus said of His coming for sinners called to repentance.

I do believe we have turned a page in the dispensations of God and His plan for His creation.

Old 01-14-2016, 07:09 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,726,438 times
Quote:
Amen, Electron !
Yet, the sad part is that all once upon a time all heard and accepted the Gospel of Jesus Christ and believing the truth and for whatever reasons chose to look back at their lives through the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes that we are warned about and chose to follow self (sensuality) and look too "enjoy a gospel that theologically vague and harmlessly accommodating" their appetites.

Ignoring and challenging the very words, voice of Christ is sad and very destructive especially when He warns unless one comes to the light and repents from their sin (evil deeds) they are judged already and that judgment is hell a place where sin will be destroyed forever and too choose to be eternally separated from God is what is very sad and can not understand. Yet, it is their choice as God is not sending them away and He has given them the way of escape from the temptation of sin that has curse the human heart from the beginning of time, through His only begotten Son, Jesus Christ.

Yet, they continue to choose the dark path and hate the light and stay upon the throne of self to appease their appetites and justify their ways (guilt) and deny the Son of God, Jesus Christ, amen !

Yes, they know what they are doing. And they continue to hate the fundies who are their neighbor and should be treated no differently then the poor soul standing on the corner begging for money !

1John 4:20-21 speaks of those who hate their brother,

20 If someone says, “I love God,†and hates his brother, he is a liar; for the one who does not love his brother whom he has seen, cannot love God whom he has not seen.
21 And this commandment we have from Him, that the one who loves God should love his brother also.

Also 1John2:9-11 states,
"The one who says he is in the Light and yet hates his brother is in the darkness until now.
10 The one who loves his brother abides in the Light and there is no cause for stumbling in him.
11 But the one who hates his brother is in the darkness and walks in the darkness, and does not know where he is going because the darkness has blinded his eyes."

"Everyone who hates his brother is a murderer; and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him. (1 John 3:15)

So we can see all those accusing the fundamentalist with all their anger, bitterness, etc., are deceived and stumbling, are liars, and a murderer and will not inherit eternal life, the kingdom of God.....

So all this garbage about fundamentalist won't fly in the face of God in the day of judgment . As they all will soon see and wish they had not listen to the lies of the enemy (sin and satan) of their very soul.

God's word will NOT come back void and is sent forth to accomplish His will and all who read these scriptures above and below will be accountable to God one day !!

As this scripture says it all !!

16“For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.
17 For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him.
18 He who believes in Him is not judged; he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
19 This is the judgment, that the Light has come into the world, and men loved the darkness rather than the Light, for their deeds were evil.
20 For everyone who does evil hates the Light, and does not come to the Light for fear that his deeds will be exposed.
21 But he who practices the truth comes to the Light, so that his deeds may be manifested as having been wrought in God.†John 3:16-21

Blessing's to All !!

Old 01-14-2016, 07:30 AM

1,290 posts, read 2,575,975 times
The Gospel is NOT loving God and loving your neighbor. The Gospel is NOT the moral teachings of Jesus. The Gospel is NOT a get out of Hell free card. The Gospel is NOT a self esteem booster.
The Gospel is NEWS, about what GOD has done, THROUGH Christ, ON the cross, by GRACE, for the eternal hope of those who have faith in Him.

It is God centered. Christ centered. Cross centered. Grace centered, and eschatological. see Romans 9, Isaiah 8 and Isaiah 28.

The universal hippy talk of all love and no judgment is an incomplete, man centered, false gospel... with false hope. You are in my prayers.

Fix Christianity? Really? You're looking for the Jesus with no dirt under his fingernails, hair like a shampoo model and a lamb across his shoulders. He was crucified. The Jesus that is coming back, the same one mind you, is bringing a sword. What will you say on that day? Lord, Lord, I loved my neighbor? Your Word was a bunch of meany talk, but I believe because I am so polite to my neighbors.... as long as they don't place any faith in your trustworthy and prophetic Word!

Repent. Believe the Gospel, for the Kingdom of God is at hand.

Old 01-14-2016, 07:39 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,726,438 times
Quote:
The Gospel is NOT loving God and loving your neighbor. The Gospel is NOT the moral teachings of Jesus. The Gospel is NOT a get out of Hell free card. The Gospel is NOT a self esteem booster.
The Gospel is NEWS, about what GOD has done, THROUGH Christ, ON the cross, by GRACE, for the eternal hope of those who have faith in Him.

It is God centered. Christ centered. Cross centered. Grace centered, and eschatological. see Romans 9, Isaiah 8 and Isaiah 28.

The universal hippy talk of all love and no judgment is an incomplete, man centered, false gospel... with false hope. You are in my prayers.

Fix Christianity? Really? You're looking for the Jesus with no dirt under his fingernails, hair like a shampoo model and a lamb across his shoulders. He was crucified. The Jesus that is coming back, the same one mind you, is bringing a sword. What will you say on that day? Lord, Lord, I loved my neighbor? Your Word was a bunch of meany talk, but I believe because I am so polite to my neighbors.... as long as they don't place any faith in your trustworthy and prophetic Word!

Repent. Believe the Gospel, for the Kingdom of God is at hand.
Amen !!

Blessing's

Old 01-14-2016, 07:41 AM

76,968 posts, read 47,836,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
Amen !!

Blessing's
Amen to your post too, and Electrons.

Old 01-14-2016, 07:47 AM

1,613 posts, read 1,035,161 times
Electron, let me guess. Brethren?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity