Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2016, 09:01 AM

10,688 posts, read 7,766,028 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livelystone View Post
I have never heard of anyone to ever stoop as low as saying or accusing others of saying that babies go to hell when they die……….. yet that is what you have accused me of. For doing this you received a round of applause from others in the same boat as you

However, since God'd Word is Spirit and blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is the only unforgivable sin, your continuous attacks against the Bible and the Words preserved by God even though they were handles by fallible, simply put means you and your cheerleaders here have taken on the ONLY sin in the Bible that is not forgivable. Truth is none of you are a horse worth betting on.

Are you adding calling me wicked to your other sins ???????

Either accept the fact that by your own words you are false accuser and liar multiple times now, or prove me wicked…..

Fair enough?
I didn't accuse you of that. I pointed out hypocrisy for believing sin is passed from Adam to everyone---except babies. Babies are innocent until they reach some unbiblical age of accountability? You are duped by denominational nonsense.

But you have legions of company.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2016, 09:18 AM

1,613 posts, read 1,036,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Okay. (I hope you are able to honestly assess, for yourself, why discussing things that you brought up suddenly doesn't feel right to you.)
Thanks. (I felt dirty)

Old 01-19-2016, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Neither you or anyone else is capable of obeying God, if that was possible someone would have achieved righteousness before Jesus was ever even conceived in Mary's womb

The only way one can obey God is if God (Spirit of God ) is the one living within their heart and through the mind of Christ (Soul of God) thus directing all of their steps

You really are clueless
Obedience is a sign of love. Loving God first is the repertoire of those seeking rewards.

Personally, I prefer to be good for nothing ---by loving my neighbors and asking nothing in return, not gratefulness, not listening to sermons first), a fondness at the Salvaton Army Mission locations), or anything else. I don't expect heaven, nor do I believe obedience avoids hell. That's God's decision in both directions.

You see if one is going to be good in obedience, you have to be good for nothing. I am--in more ways than one!

Old 01-19-2016, 09:28 AM

17,164 posts, read 11,467,099 times
Quote:
I have never heard of anyone to ever stoop as low as saying or accusing others of saying that babies go to hell when they die…

Just fyi, the denomination I grew up in teaches that unbaptized babies (particularly those of unbelieving parents) go to hell. I agree, it's a LOW teaching. And just as ridiculous as teaching an "age of accountability" upon which children will be sent to hell.

Old 01-19-2016, 09:46 AM

17,164 posts, read 11,467,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Age-enduring View Post
Thanks. (I felt dirty)
Hope you're feeling all squeaky clean now.

Old 01-19-2016, 10:00 AM

37,348 posts, read 28,466,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Just fyi, the denomination I grew up in teaches that unbaptized babies (particularly those of unbelieving parents) go to hell. I agree, it's a LOW teaching. And just as ridiculous as teaching an "age of accountability" upon which children will be sent to hell.
It just does not make sense that a child's original sin can be eradicated right up to this supposed age of accountability, but from that age of accountability they only way God can eradicate original sin is by personal choice. It is almost like the parable of the Good Samaritan needs to be rewritten.

Jesus said: “A man was going down from Jerusalem to Jericho, when he was attacked by robbers. They stripped him of his clothes, beat him and went away, leaving him half dead. 31 A priest happened to be going down the same road, and when he saw the man, he passed by on the other side. 32 So too, a Levite, when he came to the place and saw him, passed by on the other side. 33 But a Samaritan, as he traveled, came where the man was and when he saw him, he took pity on him. (he asked him do you accept my offer of help?) 34 He went to him and bandaged his wounds, pouring on oil and wine. Then he put the man on his own donkey, brought him to an inn and took care of him. 35 The next day he took out two denarii[c] and gave them to the innkeeper. ‘Look after him,’ he said, ‘and when I return, I will reimburse you for any extra expense you may have.

The highlighted part is not in my bible.

Old 01-19-2016, 03:44 PM

598 posts, read 361,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
I didn't accuse you of that. I pointed out hypocrisy for believing sin is passed from Adam to everyone---except babies. Babies are innocent until they reach some unbiblical age of accountability? You are duped by denominational nonsense.

But you have legions of company.
I am not duped by anyone but you are both spiritually blind and intellectually clueless about the things of God…………… about the only thing I see you doing is blaspheming the Word of God not even giving the Creator of all things enough credit to preserve His Words first given to His prophets, apostles, and scribes so we may have a light to guide us to the fulness of Him being formed in us

If you had a clue of the truth you would be crying in shame of your sins………… instead you heap more on you

Anyway………...

From Adam sin has been passed to everyone !!!!!!!!!!!!

When Adan was created he was created righteous because had the Holy Spirit of God (Breath of God) and the mind of Christ AKA the soul of God………. Consequently. the created Adam was no different from Jesus other than they had different mothers (Adam's from the dust of the earth before sin was in the world but his mind from mother wisdom AKA the "female of God while Jesus body came from the virgin Mary and his mind was also from the "female half of God Aka the soul of God)

However by the time Adam got the boot from the garden he was no longer righteous having already sinned. Therefore the seed coming from Adam BY LAW OF GOD had to reflect the unrighteousness that Adam had taken on from his sin and the curse coming from God. This diid happen as Adam and Eve could only produce seeds from eating the forbidden fruit of the knowledge of good and evil………… therefore and true to the law of the seed they brought forth good and evil in the forms of Cain and Able

All death and sickness in man are a result of the sin passed from Adam through his children all the way to and through our parents to us………. and is what led you to sin

Edit: As the messenger of Satan and the Law of sin spoken of by Paul, this "uncleanliness in the spirit of man in you (Adam) is STILL the root cause behind all of your sins just like it is everyone else

Without sin Adam would have not died "that day". He did die because of his sin when he fell from heaven (Garden of Eden was /is Heaven on earth) and he did die physically "that day" as well because Adam did not live to be 1000 years old………… sin continued to live in him until the day he died

Because of the death that was a result of Adam's sin, and the sin that was causing Adam to miss the mark of truth and righteousness (one definition of sin is "missing the mark") living in Adam keeping him from being righteous that in turn was passed down to everyone else.

If new babies did not have sin passed on to them there would never be any babies born with birth defects nor would they ever get sick or die

Try and wrap your head around this verse

Romans 5:14 Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.

The only persons who could fill the bill of being both ruled over by death even though had not sinned as Adam, did are newborn babies !!!

The world is not what makes a child sin for the first time but the sin living in them just as it was living in Paul (Ro.7:23) who said it made him do what he did not want to do (at the least think sin) and kept him from doing what he wanted to do that was live a sinless life unto God…………. when you figure this out you should be able to see how the "thorn in his flesh that was the "messenger of satan: in 2Corr. 12 got into him through the same way………… it was passed down to him from his earthly father

The same sin that David was conceived in that resulted in him already being shaped in iniquity (Ps.51:5) before he was born was passed through David unto his children the same way………… and why Jesus had to be born from above in order for him not to have sin in Him

Old 01-19-2016, 04:27 PM

Quote:
I am not duped by anyone but you are both spiritually blind and intellectually clueless about the things of God…………… about the only thing I see you doing is blaspheming the Word of God not even giving the Creator of all things enough credit to preserve His Words first given to His prophets, apostles, and scribes so we may have a light to guide us to the fulness of Him being formed in us

If you had a clue of the truth you would be crying in shame of your sins………… instead you heap more on you

Anyway………...

From Adam sin has been passed to everyone !!!!!!!!!!!!

When Adan was created he was created righteous because had the Holy Spirit of God (Breath of God) and the mind of Christ AKA the soul of God………. Consequently. the created Adam was no different from Jesus other than they had different mothers (Adam's from the dust of the earth before sin was in the world but his mind from mother wisdom AKA the "female of God while Jesus body came from the virgin Mary and his mind was also from the "female half of God Aka the soul of God)

However by the time Adam got the boot from the garden he was no longer righteous having already sinned. Therefore the seed coming from Adam BY LAW OF GOD had to reflect the unrighteousness that Adam had taken on from his sin and the curse coming from God. This diid happen as Adam and Eve could only produce seeds from eating the forbidden fruit of the knowledge of good and evil………… therefore and true to the law of the seed they brought forth good and evil in the forms of Cain and Able

All death and sickness in man are a result of the sin passed from Adam through his children all the way to and through our parents to us………. and is what led you to sin

Edit: As the messenger of Satan and the Law of sin spoken of by Paul, this "uncleanliness in the spirit of man in you (Adam) is STILL the root cause behind all of your sins just like it is everyone else

Without sin Adam would have not died "that day". He did die because of his sin when he fell from heaven (Garden of Eden was /is Heaven on earth) and he did die physically "that day" as well because Adam did not live to be 1000 years old………… sin continued to live in him until the day he died

Because of the death that was a result of Adam's sin, and the sin that was causing Adam to miss the mark of truth and righteousness (one definition of sin is "missing the mark") living in Adam keeping him from being righteous that in turn was passed down to everyone else.

If new babies did not have sin passed on to them there would never be any babies born with birth defects nor would they ever get sick or die

Try and wrap your head around this verse

Romans 5:14 Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.

The only persons who could fill the bill of being both ruled over by death even though had not sinned as Adam, did are newborn babies !!!

The world is not what makes a child sin for the first time but the sin living in them just as it was living in Paul (Ro.7:23) who said it made him do what he did not want to do (at the least think sin) and kept him from doing what he wanted to do that was live a sinless life unto God…………. when you figure this out you should be able to see how the "thorn in his flesh that was the "messenger of satan: in 2Corr. 12 got into him through the same way………… it was passed down to him from his earthly father

The same sin that David was conceived in that resulted in him already being shaped in iniquity (Ps.51:5) before he was born was passed through David unto his children the same way………… and why Jesus had to be born from above in order for him not to have sin in Him
Then babies perish in sin. You have no scripture stating babies are not guilty or are free from punishment. It is 100% man-made doctrine to absolve that doctrine of its crassness.

Sin comes by choice. Your explanation and that of the church is somewhere between extreme stupidity and satanic--that is if your belief in Satan is other than the original Jewish view of Satan as God's servant, not his enemy. You are a Platonist, not a Christian, influenced as it were by the dualism first learned from the Persians and completed by Greek philosophical ideas of good vs. bad.

Bad theology has been compounded through the centuries by ugly, irrational humans. The devil didn't infect you or make you do it. You are responsible for your own sin as I am for mine. The difference between us is that I don't blame Adam for my poor choices.

Yep, I studied all those verses in my college Bible classes and listened to convoluted explanations about how it could happen. When I was a spiritual child I parroted the same garbage---then that "false teacher," the Spirit of Christ, told me to put away childish excuses and accept responsibility for my own sin and study for myself instead of swallowing theology of behavior control. It was a liberating experience.

If you don't care to study yourself approved unto God, rightly dividing the Word of Truth--that's your choice. I have too much of my own sin to work on to concern myself with yours or anyone else's. For me it's about orthopraxy, for you apparently orthodoxy.

Good luck with that.

Old 01-19-2016, 04:34 PM

598 posts, read 361,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
It just does not make sense that a child's original sin can be eradicated right up to this supposed age of accountability, but from that age of accountability they only way God can eradicate original sin is by personal choice. It is almost like the parable of the Good Samaritan needs to be rewritten.

Jesus said: “A man was going down from Jerusalem to Jericho, when he was attacked by robbers. They stripped him of his clothes, beat him and went away, leaving him half dead. 31 A priest happened to be going down the same road, and when he saw the man, he passed by on the other side. 32 So too, a Levite, when he came to the place and saw him, passed by on the other side. 33 But a Samaritan, as he traveled, came where the man was and when he saw him, he took pity on him. (he asked him do you accept my offer of help?) 34 He went to him and bandaged his wounds, pouring on oil and wine. Then he put the man on his own donkey, brought him to an inn and took care of him. 35 The next day he took out two denarii[c] and gave them to the innkeeper. ‘Look after him,’ he said, ‘and when I return, I will reimburse you for any extra expense you may have.

The highlighted part is not in my bible.
You still do not get it

It is not because of some form of universilism has it right, but because if God had not changed Adam from when He was first created perfect, Adam would have never sinned! Because God is the cause behind the reason for why Adam sinned, God has accepted the responsibility for sin on earth………. therefore He sent an antidote for sin in the atonement of Jesus

Still, and from the beginning, even though sin was not imputed (held against man) until the law was given to Moses, the Laws of God were already in effect as seen in both the law of the seed and the atonement that was an innocent life given for the life lost by Adam seen in the worship of Able. Those are seen by many but the atonement that is not seen by most is the one when God said to Cain, "if you see yourself doing poorly (having sinful thoughts) "sin lieth at the door".

This is another time sin appears as a noun and as a sin offering because the "door" in Hebrew is often used the same as the word "gate" often represents a passage going from the realm of the unclean into the realm of cleanness and righteousness with God. Therefore, what God was saying to Cain (and to us) was all Cain had to do was confess his sin and desire to be cleansed, then he could be cleansed through the atonement provided by God even though the laws of atonement were not given to Moses for another 1500 years (approximate)

Therefore this was a prophecy and a teaching for us to acquire seen in the words of Jesus when He said, "I stand at the door knock"

Also, Noah was already determining between clean versus unclean animals (long before the law was ever given) in an Ark representing Jesus as a "type and shadow" the same as the Ark of the Covenant

Couple of more things

When David said "purge me with hyssop" was because hyssop was a "verifuge" that is a word given to certain herbs that are considered suitable for the killing of a living indwelling parasite in humans that in this case was the sin he was conceived and shaped in as a unborn babe still in his mother's womb that was still in him 30 years later

Also, mandrakes are not for fruitfulness as most often taught but because the roots of the mandrake are a very powerful and violent laxative………… they represent the cleansing needed before one can bear fruit acceptable to God. It pays to study all of the Bible but most of all it pleases God who blesses us with the understanding of more of the Bible

Last edited by Livelystone; 01-19-2016 at 04:44 PM..

Old 01-19-2016, 04:39 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,998,604 times
Con vo luted. But those who think they have it mastered sure do exhibit pride don't they?

K I S S
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity