Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 04:51 AM

5,493 posts, read 7,334,934 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Hi Oakback, it looks like it gives a description of the development in the US as a denomination or group. Here is a link which traces it since the early days of the church and another article describing beliefs of most Christian Universalists. . Hope it helps. God bless.

Universalism, the Prevailing Doctrine of the Christian Church During its First Five Hundred Years

http://www.auburn.edu/~allenkc/unbelif.html

Thank you.

I've made a copy to read at my leisure
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2008, 08:50 AM

14,876 posts, read 17,148,619 times
You're welcome, Oakback. God bless.

Old 02-15-2012, 10:12 PM

1 posts, read 928 times
I do believed that grace is not a ticket to sin and it does not make one a self god or master. Grace in my simple definition is, God taking over or taking the lead between the journey of man and God. Grace should helps us to serve God better and not the other way round. Bless you all.

Old 02-17-2012, 09:53 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,279,591 times
We abuse it when we see ourselves anything other than his creation.

Old 02-17-2012, 09:33 PM

192 posts, read 292,877 times
I believe for those of us who continue yo live a sinful life, if not for the grace of God our life would be cut short.

QUOTE=simpleton;2773267]Grace is sufficient, my point was how can one say
ihat God's grace is really effective in their life if they continue in their old lifestyle. Grace is the only way to God, I just think it's ironic that one can really say they've accepted God's grace if they continue in willful sin. Grace isn't a works based system, one can indeed see that it is present within an individuals life if some form of works/fruits are manifest.

Regards,

Stephen[/quote]

Old 02-18-2012, 04:38 AM

792 posts, read 1,176,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradm View Post
Just sharing an experience here...
I continue to serve Him because I love Him.
They do not want to abuse God’s grace and neither do I.
Kind regards,
bradm
[FONT="Century Gothic"]
Well said.

Paul says that every man is born with a knowledge of right and wrong.
That is the enlightenment, if you want to call it that.

I will sin until the day Jesus takes me home.
Do you hate your sin?
I no longer love my sin. I hate my sin. It's repulsive to me.
It makes me angry at my flesh. Jesus has enabled us to see more of Him. And when we see more of Him we'll see more of ourselves and will hate our sin.
I rebel against God and am a disobedient child. I hate that!

I live in a world with a stubborn breeze that constantly blows me away from God. I do abuse His grace and mercy and His love.

But the difference in doing that is I now hate it. I hate it when I see myself rebelling against His Way. I hate it when I say an unkind word. I hate it when I do or say something that is contrary to His nature.

I do not want to abuse His grace but I find myself doing just that.
Now the good news...LOL

We are forgiven. Not licensed to sin, but forgiven. I have been redeemed
and adopted into God's family.

It's all legal and everything! NO one can pluck me out of His hand. He will be my heavenly Father forever.

Well...that's just my 2 cents[/FONT].
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity