Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2016, 06:51 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,293,498 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Gotta make it about me again, huh?
Why not? You're calling out gays. You've made hundreds of posts labeling gays as sinners. Are you so special no one should call you out? You want to lecture the LGBTQ community on sin but you don't want to bring attention to your own.That's par for the course for people with you beliefs. And one more reason people see fundamentalists as hypocrites.

Old 05-22-2016, 08:06 PM

88,885 posts, read 85,398,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
The Gospel is being preached.
Uh, no. The gospel is not "sin no more".

Old 05-22-2016, 08:07 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,957,930 times
Well, one might think that after all of these threads and hundreds upon hundreds of posts dealing with the subject of homosexuality that someone would have come up by now with a VALID reason as to WHY, 1. God would have a specific ax to grind with homosexuals, 2. homosexuality is seen to be 'a sin' in the first place, 3. Christians insist that the Bible speaks of homosexuality when it doesn't, and 4. so many Christians are obsessed with homosexuality.

Does anyone have answers to these questions? If so, please present them - in concise English - so that we can all go home and concern ourselves with some of the REAL issues in life that might affect us.

Old 05-22-2016, 08:45 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,811,952 times
Quote:
So homosexuality has absolutely ZERO EFFECT on the HIV rate?
Yup. HIV doesn't care what your orientation is. That's not the problem.

Quote:
Is that what you are really claiming? It is so annoying that you refuse to face reality and throw the entire focus on some other demographic.
It's absolutely pathetic that you use a horrible disease as an attack on gay people.

Old 05-22-2016, 08:47 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,811,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Why not? You're calling out gays. You've made hundreds of posts labeling gays as sinners. Are you so special no one should call you out? You want to lecture the LGBTQ community on sin but you don't want to bring attention to your own.That's par for the course for people with you beliefs. And one more reason people see fundamentalists as hypocrites.
Jeff is too busy worrying about the speck of sawdust in gay peoples' eyes, while ignoring the giant evergreen in his own. He's the very type of person Jesus criticized and said, "I do not know you".

Old 05-22-2016, 11:03 PM

11,123 posts, read 6,052,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Seems there is lost of research to say it just might be all about those who whine the loudest...

Study: Homophobes May Be Hidden Homosexuals
Well, we have had at least two anti-gays saying they made the choice to be hetero. Now for me there was no choice in the matter - I'm bloody well hetero! No deciding which way to go or whatever. This is who I was born, who I am. I would imagine it is the same way for gays. One cannot fight your orientation (unless one is bi in which case either way will do I should think). Perhaps a gay person would care to enlighten me? No pressure.

Old 05-23-2016, 02:34 AM

21,087 posts, read 29,324,201 times
Quote:
That's like asking why is it not OK to have multiple sex partners? It is not ok to be gay because you are living in rebellion against God. Your spiritual life will never flourish as sin puts up a wall between us and God. And I don't know how you people do it, but somehow you just deny the reality that homosexuals in America are a major contributor to the spread of HIV. It hasn't changed. And that burdens the health care system and tax payer.
Multiple partners like the great patriarchs of the OT had?

Old 05-23-2016, 04:31 AM

88,885 posts, read 85,398,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Multiple partners like the great patriarchs of the OT had?
When Protestant missionaries first began to work in Africa a few hundred years ago, that's what they ran up against in polygamist cultures. Some Africans embraced Christianity because it dovetailed with their beliefs that included spirits and miracles, but when they pointed out that the patriarchs had multiple wives/concubines as they did, the missionaries had a hard time countering that.

Back in Europe, the matter of polygamy was discussed heartedly, with one leader saying, "it would make honest men of us all".

Old 05-23-2016, 05:00 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,075,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Realizing this will surely start a dueling bible quote fest, still I gotta do it...

"God will keep him/her in perfect peace whose mind is focused on God [love]." ~ the bible

And when that mind is focused on G-d truly, the flesh has no occasion to sin, thus it is not warring against the Spirit. Peace

Old 05-23-2016, 05:05 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,075,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Deflect and ignore that you are blaming other people for your claim that your god has you focused on homosexuality and is speaking about it through you.

Not deflecting anything. The premise is being overstated. The point is, WHATEVER the subject that gets brought up, He is a liberty to pull out of me that which He has formed in me. Peace
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.