Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2016, 11:16 AM

45,542 posts, read 27,152,040 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Pulling the question forward...

Here's a question for Rbbi and anyone else who feels that God has called you to proclaim that homosexuality is a sin...

In your own life, have you needed someone else to tell you when something about the way you live your life has been detrimental to you? Were you unable to see the problems it caused for yourself?

Ya... my wife...

In the Bible... see Nathan and David...

Current culture... see Johnny Manziel

Old 05-24-2016, 11:27 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,383,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Ya... my wife...

In the Bible... see Nathan and David...
Sure. I understand that those in close relationship with us often have tacit permission to speak to us about things which others don't. Often because what we do impacts them. But, were you really completely unaware of the harm you were doing to yourself (or others) before your wife brought up whatever it was?

Old 05-24-2016, 11:30 AM

2,013 posts, read 1,428,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Why do you feel the need to demand that we accept that homosexuality is NOT a sin? And your side is certainly doing that when you use discrimination laws to get your way and force Christians to submit.
Nobody is asking you to be a pillow biter, Jeff.

Old 05-24-2016, 11:55 AM

45,542 posts, read 27,152,040 times
Quote:
Sure. I understand that those in close relationship with us often have tacit permission to speak to us about things which others don't. Often because what we do impacts them. But, were you really completely unaware of the harm you were doing to yourself (or others) before your wife brought up whatever it was?
On an occasion, she had to let me know how my actions affected her - of which I was unaware.

You deleted the Manziel reference... maybe you are not aware of him. He would be the perfect example. He has ruined his pro-football career, and is currently partying and drinking and doing drugs, and the people closest to him have tried unsuccessfully to turn him in a different direction. They say he won't make it to his next birthday at this rate, and he is not listening to them.

Old 05-24-2016, 11:57 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,486,605 times
Quote:
Pulling the question forward...

Here's a question for Rbbi and anyone else who feels that God has called you to proclaim that homosexuality is a sin...

In your own life, have you needed someone else to tell you when something about the way you live your life has been detrimental to you? Were you unable to see the problems it caused for yourself?
Ok, talk about bringing it forward.

Why should anybody take this question seriously enough to answer it?
The same crowd who expects an answer
1A. ridicules \ mock for "concerning themselves about people's sins"
1B. Yet mocks the same people for "concerning oneself about their own sins" when confessed (for example):
O Almighty God, merciful Father,
I, a poor, miserable sinner, confess to You all my sins and iniquities, with which I have ever offended You
and justly deserve Your temporal and eternal punishment.
But I am heartily sorry for them and sincerely
repent of them;
and I pray You, of Your boundless mercy, and for the sake of the holy, innocent, bitter

suffering and death of Your beloved Son, Jesus Christ, to be gracious and merciful to me, a poor, sinful
being.
So how about you first answer this: if responded to, would that change anything concerning your rejection of God's Word the Bible being the absolute truth ... that word shell games by the advocates of homosexuality are deflection tactics at best?

Give us reason to believe something other than that you'd wouldn't simply dismiss it eventually even if the demand to answer was complied with a 'yes\yes'.

Last edited by twin.spin; 05-24-2016 at 12:06 PM..

Old 05-24-2016, 11:59 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,039,577 times
Quote:

And again, the answer to every question is the Word and the sharing of that Word is a privilege, NO MATTER WHAT THE TOPIC. Understand and believe that this is coming from someone who was once an agnostic who thought the books were written by men. Yes, ME! But the Spirit of G-d changed all that in an instant of time.

You insist on focusing on my comments regarding that topic, as me "proclaiming" it like IT'S my job to just dwell on that topic. Laughable and typical of, don't like the message, slaughter the messenger. I suspect it wouldn't matter WHAT the topic was, if you didn't agree with what the Word says about it and I did, then I would be "guilty" again of "proclaiming sin".

All it says to me is that your will has not been fully broken to become the submissive spirit of the Son. Peace

Last edited by Rbbi1; 05-24-2016 at 12:53 PM..

Old 05-24-2016, 12:00 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,383,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
On an occasion, she had to let me know how my actions affected her - of which I was unaware.

You deleted the Manziel reference... maybe you are not aware of him. He would be the perfect example. He has ruined his pro-football career, and is currently partying and drinking and doing drugs, and the people closest to him have tried unsuccessfully to turn him in a different direction. They say he won't make it to his next birthday at this rate, and he is not listening to them.

No, didn't delete. You must have added it after I quoted. I'm headed out. Will respond later.

Old 05-24-2016, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
That verse never mentions homosexuality in the original text. That's a corrupt translation.

Even IF that were true, there are plenty of other scripts to support it. Peace

Old 05-24-2016, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
For the reader: Note the above version of 1 Timothy 1:8-11 and then note the below version of the same passage of scripture from the King James version of the Bible.

8 But we know that the law is good, if a man use it lawfully;

9 Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,

10 For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;

11 According to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, which was committed to my trust.

I draw the reader's attention to verse 10. Rbbi1's version states, "for those practicing homosexuality" whereas the KJV version states, "for them that defile themselves with mankind."

Note that Rbbi1 even emphasizes this part of verse 10 in case one might miss it!

Rbbi1's version is a corruption of the original 'sacred' manuscripts (way before the KJV) by post-1946 Bible authors who substituted an indeterminate term, 'those that defile themselves with mankind", with the relatively modern term, 'for those practicing homosexuality'.

There is NO justification for the term 'homosexual' to have been included in that list of the lawless and the disobedient, the ungodly and the unholy. This kind of crap is no more than a 'Christian agenda' to demonize homosexual people. And, these agenda driven individuals use the so-called 'word of God' in their attempts to accomplish this!

And you the blind, continue to try to blind others, by ignoring all the other texts presented to you throughout several threads, which you gloss over like they didn't exist with your constant and repetitious bogus pleas to show you proof, knowing full well that you have been shown, yet you put those bogus pleas out there every so often to give the misleading impression to first time readers, that you demolished all the "fundies" arguments. Not only did you not, you are disingenuous with your tactic above.

Last edited by Rbbi1; 05-24-2016 at 12:53 PM..

Old 05-24-2016, 12:11 PM

Quote:
The point is that you were complaining about the fact that you are so focused on homosexuality here, insisting that it's the fault of others. And yet again, you confirm that it is your god who has you focused on it, so as you love to say to others, take it up with him.

So you are the one who likes to overstate.

The group you identify with is focused on what they perceive as sin in others. You all talk a good game about loving the "sinner", all while calling them abominations. Not one of you, including you, can give anywhere close to a reasonable explanation for why you think a same sex monogamous relationship is unloving/sinful. You consistently resort to, '"'cuz my god says so, so there". If the results of such immature posturing hadn't historically been so harmful to the people you target, it would be simply sad. But you all are on the wrong side of an injustice that has destroyed people's lives.

You, personally, have given noone any reason to give weight to your opinion other than your self-proclaimation that you are God's mouthpiece. Lots of unsavory characters have made that same proclamation. So, you don't like when the subject gets brought up by those who oppose the harm that your group does? Then prove that what you say isn't foolishness and isn't unloving and isn't harming others. Give people an actual GOOD reason to listen to you.... You can't, or you would have done it by now.

No, I said the WORD says it, and if you had the Spirit, you would know the Spirit can and will use whomever He pleases to bring out the Word. Christian 101. And as usual, you are twisting my words.

I never called ANYONE an abomination, the Word says that such things are an abomination to Him. Period. And THAT (His Word), is what you can take up with Him. His Word stands, let every man be a liar. Peace

Last edited by Rbbi1; 05-24-2016 at 12:54 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity