Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2016, 06:14 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,493,260 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizaTeal View Post
What is the definition of persecution, displaying fake outrage when someone disagrees with your beliefs? Go to WND if you want to see real persecution, and read what conservative Christians have to say about homosexuals, the anti-gay rant on city data is just the tip of the iceberg. Everyday there is another anti-gay article on the blog.

Nobody "practices" homosexuality, they are not honing a craft.
Perfect definition of the pro-homosexual crowd reaction here:
"displaying fake outrage when someone disagrees with your beliefs"

Old 05-31-2016, 06:16 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,493,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Okay. My mistake.
That's ok ... we both are only allowed one per day.

Old 05-31-2016, 07:30 PM

3,288 posts, read 2,359,123 times
There is a reason why a man and a woman is required to produce offspring. There is a reason why men have an outie and women an innie. It's Gods law. It's the law of nature. I seriously doubt every living creature has the female attracting the male to mate with is an accident. Sorry, I haven't scene many cows sixty nining each other while the Bulls are binung eachother in the rear.you know why? Because they aren't confused about what gender they should be. They don't watch other sexually confused species and copy them. They do what nature and God programmed them to do. Only humans are whacked out enough to think homosexuality is normal behavior. I find it to be a mental disorder and is a phenonenon of the twentieth century which was glorified by the sick twisted liberal Hollywood crowd.

That said, I wouldn't treat a homosexual differently. They shouldn't be hurt or condemned but they also shouldn't be considered a true married couple or given medical coverage for being a "partner." They should have Ben happy enough to be accepted because they sure as hell weren't up til the 60s and 70s when I was growing up. But they gotta keep pushing and pushing and now we have to accommodate transgendered because they don't know what sex they are. Look in your pants. The answer lies there. If you think you have the wrong parts, you need a brain transplant, not an organ transplant.

Old 05-31-2016, 07:45 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Thank you Jerry Falwell. You should let your fans know you've been resurrected. They might send money.

Old 05-31-2016, 07:55 PM

88,584 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
With every single post\op from people that create hate persecution posts \ op's for simply daring in
repeating what God said in the Holy Bible concerning this topic that refutes homosexuality.

Posts that are typical from troutdude \ warden \ zthatzmanz28 \ ElizaTeal \ DewDropInn \ 303Guy \ freak80 \RomulusXXV \ Rafius and those who approve of them in one shape or manner just to name a few.

And you will one day find out that God's net which catches all people at the end of time will end with a separating that ends in a unfavorable existence and damnation for those who are on the left of Jesus (which includes those who practice homosexuality and approve of those who do)
And you are just salivating at the idea, which I find a lot more disturbing than the existence of gay people. You left me off your list. I'm not hurt. But I am angry at your corruption of who Christ is and your misuse of scripture to put forth your own personal feelings as equal to God's. Because that's all this is.

Old 05-31-2016, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
As far as I am concerned the bible is book of mythology written by Bronze-Age ignoramuses.

There is nothing wrong with being gay.

Bigots use it to justify their hatred of gay people; just like pro-slavery advocates used it to excuse slavery in the antebellum South.
The bible is more than that, Clark. It's poetry and prose and history and formation of the identity of an ancient culture that's not quite history but the myth and legend that makes up that identity. It contains wisdom and idiocy. It's literature that has survived time and influenced thought and art and culture.

What it isn't is the inerrant, dictated, literal words of God. That's the way it's always been misused to justify bigotry.

Old 05-31-2016, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trusso11783 View Post
There is a reason why a man and a woman is required to produce offspring. There is a reason why men have an outie and women an innie. It's Gods law. It's the law of nature. I seriously doubt every living creature has the female attracting the male to mate with is an accident. Sorry, I haven't scene many cows sixty nining each other while the Bulls are binung eachother in the rear.you know why? Because they aren't confused about what gender they should be. They don't watch other sexually confused species and copy them. They do what nature and God programmed them to do. Only humans are whacked out enough to think homosexuality is normal behavior. I find it to be a mental disorder and is a phenonenon of the twentieth century which was glorified by the sick twisted liberal Hollywood crowd.

That said, I wouldn't treat a homosexual differently. They shouldn't be hurt or condemned but they also shouldn't be considered a true married couple or given medical coverage for being a "partner." They should have Ben happy enough to be accepted because they sure as hell weren't up til the 60s and 70s when I was growing up. But they gotta keep pushing and pushing and now we have to accommodate transgendered because they don't know what sex they are. Look in your pants. The answer lies there. If you think you have the wrong parts, you need a brain transplant, not an organ transplant.
Do you write for The Onion? Because with a little work, this could be hilarious.

Old 05-31-2016, 08:18 PM

440 posts, read 377,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
The only made up story is yours. There is nothing in the passages that says they were lovers. The same passage could easily mean they loved each other as dear friends. Again, it doesn't make sense that David would be a homosexual then later have a man murdered because he sexually desired the guy's wife so much.
David was bisexual and his relationship with Jonathan was homosexual (homosexual = same sex).

People are capable or telling the difference between friendship and romantic love. They are not the same thing and one doesn't cancel the other, in other words, you can have a beloved friend and empathise with him or her a lot, but that doesn't cancel a person's capacity and need for romantic love. They are different kinds of love that satify different needs in humans.

Because the nature of the story between them is evidently romantic is that the story stood out among the others. The romanticism of the story is not something that has been noticed recently; for as long as the bible has been accesible to people the story always caught people's attention for this reason.

And when David ends the story with tears saying that Jonathan's love was more wonderful for him than the love of women he is clearly saying what kind of love they were sharing and that it romantic love.

Old 05-31-2016, 08:41 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
The bible is more than that, Clark. It's poetry and prose and history and formation of the identity of an ancient culture that's not quite history but the myth and legend that makes up that identity. It contains wisdom and idiocy. It's literature that has survived time and influenced thought and art and culture.

What it isn't is the inerrant, dictated, literal words of God. That's the way it's always been misused to justify bigotry.
You're pretty hep for a Christian.

Keep singing it, Sister!

Old 05-31-2016, 08:45 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trusso11783 View Post

Like I said, it's not completely essential that one have less than a room temperature IQ to qualify for entry into Christian fundamentalism - but it really helps.

It smooths the way. Like anti-spiritual KY jeffy.

I mean, jelly.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity