Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2016, 10:19 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,489,469 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
You don't seem to like it much when you get called out for your bigoted hatred of gays! Do you think they like it when you spew your vomit hatred at them? But you get away with it lightly, you only face it on an internet forum and even then you can simply walk away, they have to face it in real life!
Only in a hateful wanton narrative is it deemed bigoted hatred by simply repeating what God said that refutes homosexuality.
God condemns it not because He's bigoted, but because of where it doesn't lead the individual who chooses be enslaved by homosexuality or approves of those who do ... it doesn't lead to life with Him.

Old 06-01-2016, 10:30 AM

88,544 posts, read 84,738,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Only in a hateful wanton narrative is it deemed bigoted hatred by simply repeating what God said that refutes homosexuality.
God condemns it not because He's bigoted, but because of where it doesn't lead the individual who chooses be enslaved by homosexuality or approves of those who do ... it doesn't lead to life with Him.
Not true. I know gay people who came to know Christ because they were accepted by the people who claim to represent him. They almost didn't because they were rejected by other people who claim to represent him.

I know a young woman who was raised Wiccan but did not find that as an adult to be a path that was satisfying to her, even though her mother has practiced Wicca since before she was born and continues to do so. She found the concept of God as a loving Heavenly Father compelling, and through one of her mother's Christian friends, she started going to church and was baptized three years ago. She is gay. She has brown eyes. Neither of those things will change, but her renewed sense of self and the feeling of inclusion in a Christian community means everything to her. She gave up Facebook for Lent to use the time to study scripture. I don't know many other Christians who would do THAT.

Old 06-01-2016, 10:46 AM

9,855 posts, read 11,927,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
That is pretty cool. Never heard that one. But it certainly makes sense to give an Omni-Everything God a female aspect as well as a male one.

So, the original Christian God was a hermaphrodite!

Someone should inform the fundies. They might stop trashing the LGBT.
I don't know if God was, or is, hermaphrodite, but I know that the Holy Ghost had a feminine aspect and still does in many quarters. Americans need to get out more. Earlier this week I was on youtube and there was this prog rock video and a commenter was like, "whoa... are those Christian lyrics?" Christians do Prog??!! I'm like, "dude, Christians do Death Metal". I'm not Christian and I know these things.

Old 06-01-2016, 10:51 AM

10,688 posts, read 7,710,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
One person's individual story proves nothing.

So the story Jesus told is really WORTHLESS!!!
LOL!! I was about to post the same thing, despite having already pointed out jeff doesn't believe testimony because that is what Scripture is--- and he doesn't believe it is testimony the same as the woman's blog I posted.

It is curious that fundamentalism involves the suspension of intellect and the suppression of compassion in order to create a god as ugly and divisive as they worship.

Old 06-01-2016, 11:00 AM

10,087 posts, read 5,731,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
That's a terrible shame. Perhaps someday your eyes will be opened.

The truth and the power was in the story he told of the woman who learned that love overrides everything else, including the rules set by humans based on their own feelings or societal norms.

We who advocate for the acceptance of gay people and reject condemnation of who they are do not do it because of our children (if you recall, the woman in the story stated that she is not gay and neither are her children) or because we are in "the throes of religious feel good", whatever that is supposed to mean, but because it is the right thing to do.
Spiritual love overrides our fleshly love. Christians are called to love God before even our ownfamily. Homosexuals make a statement to God that their physical desires in a time frame of just a few decades on this earth is more important than knowing and obeying God.

Old 06-01-2016, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
I'll ask you again, since you have yet to answer... What religious freedoms are you afraid you are in danger of losing?
Right now, I'm standing up for the freedom of Christian business owners who do not want to get involved in an immoral ceremony. I certainly don't have the freedom to oppose homosexuality publically unless I want a lot of hateful opposition. I don't have the freedom to be a member of a college Christian group that does not support homosexuality.

Eventually churches will be forced to conform.

Old 06-01-2016, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
It's people that call homosexuality a 'disease' that are the problem.
Yeah because people like you are so kind hearted and tolerant, right?

Old 06-01-2016, 11:23 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,213,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
Truth? Powerful? Where? I don't see it. I don't see any orgiginal thought there, only quoted anecdotes from others and all of it very, very subjective. I get that people with gay children or people in the throes of religious feel good will have their personal reasons for supporting lifestyles that differ from their own but to decide that those opinions are the ones that should hold sway fails as a compelling argument.

Two men cannot conceive a child. Neither can two women. They can raise a child. They can nurture a family. Does that mean that they should? If yes, should a distinction be made, for nomenclature or census purposes between the different kinds of households? Two gay men recently had to appeal to a judge in Thailand to force the surrogate mother they contracted with to give them the child they paid her for. She had reneged on her promise. Lucky for them the judge ruled in their favor. Lucky, or the fact that they were rich and American I won't speculate. But why were they even in that situation to begin with? This is when people get uncomfortable and try to change the subject. Jesus was raised by a Man and a woman if you want to go there. Jesus did not have two dads. Calling anyone who offers a countering argument a bigot is cowardly, and beneath a true advocate for a position.
We do not live in Thailand..

Lots of heterosexual couples CANNOT conceive a child either--so is there relationship WRONG?

The entire mythological bible is SUBJECTIVE as even the evangelical cultists CANNOT agree on everything.

The argument against LGBTQ RIGHTS does not make one a BIGOT, ACTIVELY TRYING TO PREVENT others from accessing their civil rights via legislation DOES make one a BIGOT.

Having the OPINION that the LGBTQ people should not have civil rights just puts you on the wrong side of history--like those who supported slavery and fought against interracial marriage..

Old 06-01-2016, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
LOL!! I was about to post the same thing, despite having already pointed out jeff doesn't believe testimony because that is what Scripture is--- and he doesn't believe it is testimony the same as the woman's blog I posted.

It is curious that fundamentalism involves the suspension of intellect and the suppression of compassion in order to create a god as ugly and divisive as they worship.
So sad the cultist cannot even see how their argument(s) nullifies the very god they claim to worship. They have all spewed out something that just laughs in the face of their own beliefs and still they refuse to see...

Old 06-01-2016, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Right now, I'm standing up for the freedom of Christian business owners who do not want to get involved in an immoral ceremony. I certainly don't have the freedom to oppose homosexuality publically unless I want a lot of hateful opposition. I don't have the freedom to be a member of a college Christian group that does not support homosexuality.

Eventually churches will be forced to conform.
BUt they bake cakes for divorced people, gamblers, alcoholics, atheists, pedophiles, rapists, murderers, and all the other GREAT sinners of the world, yet cultists still cannot explain or justify why SSM cake is unacceptable???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity