Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2016, 11:32 AM

10,103 posts, read 5,774,747 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
We do not live in Thailand..

Lots of heterosexual couples CANNOT conceive a child either--so is there relationship WRONG?

The entire mythological bible is SUBJECTIVE as even the evangelical cultists CANNOT agree on everything.

The argument against LGBTQ RIGHTS does not make one a BIGOT, ACTIVELY TRYING TO PREVENT others from accessing their civil rights via legislation DOES make one a BIGOT.

Having the OPINION that the LGBTQ people should not have civil rights just puts you on the wrong side of history--like those who supported slavery and fought against interracial marriage..
So I guess that makes your side deep in bigotry against Bible believing Christians since you take away their civil right of religious freedom and demand without compromise or tolerant that we cater to their every command and wish. Or else it's DISCRIMINATION.

Old 06-01-2016, 11:33 AM

10,103 posts, read 5,774,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
BUt they bake cakes for divorced people, gamblers, alcoholics, atheists, pedophiles, rapists, murderers, and all the other GREAT sinners of the world, yet cultists still cannot explain or justify why SSM cake is unacceptable???
And they will sell a donut to a gay person. It's not the person that's the problem. It's the flipping ceremony. They wouldn't sell to customers who wanted to celebrate those acts of sins either.

Old 06-01-2016, 11:35 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,538,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Only in a hateful wanton narrative is it deemed bigoted hatred by simply repeating what God said that refutes homosexuality.
God condemns it not because He's bigoted, but because of where it doesn't lead the individual who chooses be enslaved by homosexuality or approves of those who do ... it doesn't lead to life with Him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post

1) Not true. I know gay people who came to know Christ because they were accepted by the people who claim to represent him. They almost didn't because they were rejected by other people who claim to represent him.

2) I know a young woman who was raised Wiccan but did not find that as an adult to be a path that was satisfying to her, even though her mother has practiced Wicca since before she was born and continues to do so. She found the concept of God as a loving Heavenly Father compelling, and through one of her mother's Christian friends, she started going to church and was baptized three years ago. She is gay. She has brown eyes. Neither of those things will change, but her renewed sense of self and the feeling of inclusion in a Christian community means everything to her. She gave up Facebook for Lent to use the time to study scripture. I don't know many other Christians who would do THAT.
Then don't be surprised when the truth is stated that they are deceived and are headed for condemnation, which includes those who approve of such.
God holds true to his Word.
(note: there is no OT being referenced )
Revelation 21:8, Revelation 22:15, 1 Corinthians 6:9

Old 06-01-2016, 11:53 AM

10,688 posts, read 7,754,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
As a former conservative Lutheran (now atheist), I think you are correct.

Religion is fundamentally based on authority, and when Martin Luther successfully challenged the authority of the Pope, it was the beginning of the end. Luther thought the Bible could be the sole source of authority for Christianity, but he didn't anticipate the endless debates about how the Bible should be interpreted. So now there are 10,000 or more (conservative) Protestant denominations who believe that they alone have The One True Interpretation of the Bible. And then there are plenty of liberal Protestant denominations who don't seem to care about doctrine at all ("deeds not creeds" as the saying goes).

So we now have a situation where "Christian" can mean almost anything.
Let's be clear, Freak, ORGANIZED religion is about authority over others. Yet among Christ followers most of us believe God's authority is over us voluntarily by our choice. We intentionally seek to avoid imposing our views on others. We respect your right to believe as you wish and to have your choices in life respected.

It was similar for me in Vietnam. Many political fundamentalists were angry about draft dodgers running to Canada. I was happy they did. I didn't want someone next to me whose heart wasn't in the task before us. They would be a danger to both our team and themselves. One of the multitude of stupidities of fundamentalists is that they wish to twist arms to force others to be on their "team," without understanding force undermines what can only be accomplished by volunteers. Fortunately that is their Achilles heel as the vast majority of people are not interested in being dictated to. And the historical precedent is how economically ineffective slavery was. Like all fundamentalists, slave owners never realized how ineffective their economic idol was.

Note that while I was a volunteer to Vietnam, my time there converted me to an anti-war position. War turns otherwise good men into merciless monsters and sends many home automatons unable to function in a community. Look at the high percentage of dysfunctional vets we have today. War is never valuable to any but war profiteers.

If I cannot offer you freedom I cannot enjoy my own for you are as much a part of my community as anyone else. Your house doesn't have to look like mine. Just keep the noise down over there.

Old 06-01-2016, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
So I guess that makes your side deep in bigotry against Bible believing Christians since you take away their civil right of religious freedom and demand without compromise or tolerant that we cater to their every command and wish. Or else it's DISCRIMINATION.
Just understand the concept of the OT you idolize---an eye for an eye. You have poked eyes out for centuries. Now your god returns the concept and pokes out yours. When you live your life poking out eyes pretty soon you have a world full of blind people.

You are reaping what you have sown. You are interested in imposing your lifestyle on others so you shouldn't be surprised when others respond accordingly.

What you wish to teach in your church or whom you sell to in your church bazaars is your business. I defend your right to do so, as I defended the sermons from your godless pastors from subpoena by the Houston mayor. But when you go into the commercial world rubbing shoulders with others, you must live according to other rules.

What you don't get is that you never had the right to be a bigot in the commercial world previously. You don't need to cater gay weddings. Your cake makers aren't required to put wording or images on cakes that offends them, but they cannot refuse to sell to blacks, Muslims, gays, fornicators, atheists, Democrats, or liberal pastors. If you don't like it, let me offer to you what you offered to me and others---get the hell out of America. There are lots of fundamentalist countries that practice what you preach. You've polluted Kenya--move there.

May the ugly practices you wish to be impose on others always be poked back in your eye since that is the god you love.

Old 06-01-2016, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Only in a hateful wanton narrative is it deemed bigoted hatred by simply repeating what God said that refutes homosexuality.
God condemns it not because He's bigoted, but because of where it doesn't lead the individual who chooses be enslaved by homosexuality or approves of those who do ... it doesn't lead to life with Him.
God never said it. You invented it because you love biblical ignorance.

Despite the witness of literally a dozen on this thread you refuse to study to show yourself approved unto God as a workman RIGHTLY dividing the word of truth. You prefer your own selective literalism because that protects YOUR bigotry. Don't try to pass off on God your own invention while refusing to study Scripture within contextual parameters. We will over and over point out your personal deep-seated bigotry.

What you are living isn't life with Him. He sent you Jesus who condemned to hell neither homosexual, nor atheist, nor even people of other religions-- only your real twins, the Pharisees.

Old 06-01-2016, 12:52 PM

18,537 posts, read 9,231,142 times
Quote:
Then don't be surprised when the truth is stated that they are deceived and are headed for condemnation, which includes those who approve of such.
God holds true to his Word.
(note: there is no OT being referenced )
Revelation 21:8, Revelation 22:15, 1 Corinthians 6:9
Wasn't there something in God's Holy Word about taking the beam out of your own eye? And something about "judge not, lest ye be judged"? Or something along those lines? I could have sworn...hmmm...maybe I just had a bad translation?

Old 06-01-2016, 12:58 PM

21,087 posts, read 29,333,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Wasn't there something in God's Holy Word about taking the beam out of your own eye? And something about "judge not, lest ye be judged"? Or something along those lines? I could have sworn...hmmm...maybe I just had a bad translation?
Why that is no beam, it is a divining rod to assist in making judgement..

Old 06-01-2016, 12:58 PM

88,930 posts, read 85,450,301 times
Quote:
Spiritual love overrides our fleshly love. Christians are called to love God before even our ownfamily. Homosexuals make a statement to God that their physical desires in a time frame of just a few decades on this earth is more important than knowing and obeying God.
Why did you quote my post for this? It has nothing to do with anything I said.

This is a pattern of yours, Jeff. I've noticed you don't actually ever read what I write, and so your responses are incomplete or don't make sense. I stopped responding to you because of that. Please stop doing that. Thanks.

Old 06-01-2016, 01:00 PM

21,087 posts, read 29,333,584 times
Quote:
What rights have you lost? or been prevented from exercising?

You have a bible, carry where ever you want, go to any church you want any time you want...you even have the majority of government people confessed christians, though not all may be evangelical cultists..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity