Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2016, 06:15 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,307,385 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Similar manner? Homosexuals need man made products to achieve such sexual intimacy. THat's not natural.

...snip...
They do?

Which man-made products do gay men need for sexual intimacy?

(I would pay money and wait in line for this answer!)

Old 05-24-2016, 06:32 PM

10,103 posts, read 5,774,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
They do?

Which man-made products do gay men need for sexual intimacy?

(I would pay money and wait in line for this answer!)
You have the internet. Go figure it out. This is as far as I go.

Old 05-24-2016, 06:42 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,304,409 times
Quote:
Spoken like someone who has used the internet to find out about gay sex aids.

You really do need a new hobby, Jeff. Something that will get your mind off gay sex. Baseball season is here. I remember suggesting you invite your buddies to a game. Have you done that? Take in a game and do something normal. Better yet. Join a league and get some exercise and fresh air. Be healthy. Not the guy who sits at his computer for hours researching gay sex aids.

Old 05-24-2016, 07:57 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,307,385 times
Quote:
Is that what you did?

Please post the link and save me the trouble. I have never heard that some sort of man-made device was necessary for homosexual men to achieve sexual intimacy. I wouldn't have a clue what to search for.

Unless...you know...you made it up.

Old 05-24-2016, 10:14 PM

6,837 posts, read 2,964,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV
For the reader: Note the above version of 1 Timothy 1:8-11 and then note the below version of the same passage of scripture from the King James version of the Bible.

8 But we know that the law is good, if a man use it lawfully;

9 Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,

10 For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;

11 According to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, which was committed to my trust.

I draw the reader's attention to verse 10. Rbbi1's version states, "for those practicing homosexuality" whereas the KJV version states, "for them that defile themselves with mankind."

Note that Rbbi1 even emphasizes this part of verse 10 in case one might miss it!

Rbbi1's version is a corruption of the original 'sacred' manuscripts (way before the KJV) by post-1946 Bible authors who substituted an indeterminate term, 'those that defile themselves with mankind", with the relatively modern term, 'for those practicing homosexuality'.

There is NO justification for the term 'homosexual' to have been included in that list of the lawless and the disobedient, the ungodly and the unholy. This kind of crap is no more than a 'Christian agenda' to demonize homosexual people. And, these agenda driven individuals use the so-called 'word of God' in their attempts to accomplish this!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
And you the blind ...
Not so. Not with regard to this subject anyway.

Quote:
...continue to try to blind others, by ignoring all the other texts presented to you throughout several threads, which you gloss over like they didn't exist ...
There have been NO texts presented that counter my side of the argument on this topic. NONE! This is why I keep asking for them. The text you offered above is NOT as written in the original text and you should know that! It's been tampered with to reflect an anti-gay stance. The same is true with the other two or three so-called 'clobber texts'.

Moreover, I have not said or done anything here that would lead others astray. Many have already been led astray on this subject by the wretchedness of "Fundamentalist Christianity"! I'm all for honesty and morality and fair play and I would like to think that my everyday life reflects this. As I've said a number of times, my only dog in this fight is to protect those - homosexuals - that are persistently maligned by the viciousness of the fundamentalist brand of "Christianity". These folks - gay people - have done nothing other than to be born into a body that is sexually oriented toward others of the same gender. And, as a result, they are labeled by these poor excuses for Christians as 'sinners' and, worse, "abominations" . . .! I would rather have just one of these "abominations" around me than a dozen smug and self-righteous 'fundies'!

Oh, that's right ...YOU are not a 'fundie' ...apologies . . .

Quote:
...with your constant and repetitious bogus pleas to show you proof, knowing full well that you have been shown, yet you put those bogus pleas out there every so often to give the misleading impression to first time readers, that you demolished all the "fundies" arguments. Not only did you not, you are disingenuous with your tactic above.
Well, Rbbi1, you certainly like to lord it over those who stand up to you with your air of superiority ...evidently acquired following your 'conversion to Christianity' experience. However, it just sounds like good old-fashioned 'fundamentalism' to me in another dressing.

I'm personally not impressed by religious tirades and would much rather apply the "keep it simple, stupid" approach to the Bible. And, that's what I try to do. This is why I suggest that people actually READ the so-called 'clobber texts' of the Bible for themselves and put them into their proper context. FORGET what you've heard from others. Question everything before blindly accepting it.

What, for instance, IS Paul talking about in Romans 1:18-27? Ask yourself WHY do Christians almost always reference Romans 1:26-27 rather than starting at the beginning of Paul's discourse? Is it because verses 26-27 are the only ones Christians need to quote for their agenda to vilify homosexuals? The answer is, yes,, that IS the reason. Starting at the beginning where Paul is addressing pagan idolatry and temple prostitution and the practices affiliated with idol worship messes up the anti-gay slant that has been placed on the cherry-picked verses of 26-27.

So, again dear reader ...don't simply believe everything you hear about the Bible and its supposed condemnation of homosexuality. All the Bible authors knew about homosexuality was its use in idolatry worship. They would have had no clue what others might be doing sexually in private. They only knew what they actually witnessed or were told about from those who saw such practices in the pagan temples. These were evidently public religious practices and our common sense should tell us that. There's a great deal of difference between consensual intimacy between two people (whatever their sexual persuasion) and pagan rituals. And, pagan rituals, sexual fertility rites and such ARE what the Bible is referencing when it speaks of male/male sex.

Old 05-24-2016, 10:28 PM

11,127 posts, read 6,064,105 times
Quote:
.... with your constant and repetitious bogus pleas to show you proof, knowing full well that you have been shown, ....
All we have been shown are examples of bible tampering to make it say that homosexuality is a 'sin' or abomination. Someone even posted a quote from their bible that actually used the words "homosexual"! That only proves our claim that the bible has been tampered with.

Old 05-24-2016, 10:34 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,814,481 times
Quote:
Even IF that were true, there are plenty of other scripts to support it. Peace
No there aren't plenty. There are 2 verses in the Old Testament that supposedly mention it, and 3 in the NT, 2 of which are duplicates. That's maybe 5 verses mentioning the issue, out of 37,000 in the Bible. And every single one of them has problems with the hermeneutics.

For how obsessed you guys are with this topic, and how you think it's pretty much the worst sin imaginable, the topic makes up 0.0001% of the Bible's subject matter. Not even Jesus felt it was worth discussing, so he never even brings it up.

Old 05-24-2016, 10:34 PM

10,103 posts, read 5,774,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Spoken like someone who has used the internet to find out about gay sex aids.

You really do need a new hobby, Jeff. Something that will get your mind off gay sex. Baseball season is here. I remember suggesting you invite your buddies to a game. Have you done that? Take in a game and do something normal. Better yet. Join a league and get some exercise and fresh air. Be healthy. Not the guy who sits at his computer for hours researching gay sex aids.
Disgusting garbage lies. I told you I am fed up with this "you are a closet gay person" crap. It's petty, baseless and arrogant. DROP IT.

Old 05-24-2016, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Disgusting response. I was referring to submitting to accepting homosexuality and gay marriage as being just as normal and good as heterosexual. It's not. It's a perversion.
Your beliefs are a perversion. Homosexuality is quite normal for a subset of the entire animal population.

Old 05-24-2016, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Similar manner? Homosexuals need man made products to achieve such sexual intimacy. THat's not natural.
Uh, no they don't. And homosexuality is universal in the animal kingdom, which by its very definition makes it natural. Stop being so ignorant.

Quote:
God hates sin and homosexuality is a statement to God that His design is not good enough.
God created both straights and gays. Part of the population being gay says absolutely nothing about God's design not being good enough. It says, he didn't want all animals to be 100% heterosexual.

Quote:
It's a statement that your flesh desires are more important than seeking God.
Why do you assume gays only care about flesh desires? Do heterosexuals only care about flesh desires? Gays desire everything straights do: love, companionship, family, etc.

Quote:
I guess in your world, it is more important that a gay couple possibly risk eternal death in exchange for a few years of enjoying their sinful lifestyle.
And I guess in your world, demonizing gays is worth risking eternal death, since God is not going to let you into Heaven with how you treat people. "By their fruits you shall recognize them". You bear HORRIBLE fruit jeff.

Quote:
Well how convenient for you. It completely ignores the question as to why God declared such activites as detestable.
Um, he didn't since the Bible isn't dealing with consensual same-sex relationships as we know them today. The verses in the Bible deal with pagan worship practices and rape.

Quote:
Because if homosexuality is perfectly natural and good, there is NO reason for God to find it detestable in the first place.
He doesn't. He finds hedonistic pagan orgies and prostitution to be detestable. Those have nothing to do with gays.

Quote:
Let me get this straight, you reject parts of the Bible? If that's the case, no one should take your position seriously. This isn't cafeteria Christianity. You either accept it all or nothing.
So you would support me executing you for violating the Sabbath then huh? You right wingers are the biggest cafeteria Christians around. You would be executed and sent to hell 100 times over based on the amount of Bible laws you ignore.

The amount of ignorance you're professing on this board is truly off the charts. What makes you better than the Westboro Baptist Church? You sound like a proud member.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity