Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2016, 10:38 AM

45,760 posts, read 27,410,412 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
That's ridiculous. Even if Jesus were celibate, it'd still be a sin? BEING gay is not a sin. Get that through your head.
One thing Jesus did was set a higher standard and gave us a kingdom of heaven perspective of sin. In the Sermon on the Mount, He spoke of sin being an internal spiritual issue.

Matthew 5:27-28 - "You have heard that it was said, `YOU SHALL NOT COMMIT ADULTERY'; 28 but I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

So even if His thoughts were impure, it's sin. It is definitely a different level than acting out on it - but they are sinful thoughts. So - there's no gay there.

Old 05-26-2016, 10:38 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,071,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Yes... even though His hetero-ness did not "contribute" to anything. He was just sinless in Himself.

The only holes are those we dig for ourselves. If you have issues with this, that's on you.

I don't have a problem here.

Being that the Bible says homosexuals do not inherit the kingdom of God... being that homosexuality is described as an abomination... it's a sin.

Jesus has no sin or He would not have been raised from the dead.

Love the reps system here. I virtually can't rep anyone because there are so few posters to rep, I guess. Here's my Peace

Old 05-26-2016, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Funny how a couple of obscure verses in the bible are enough for fundies to declare homosexuality a sin. But when confronted with passages in their "holy" book showing same-sex kissing and fondling and undressing between Naomi and Ruth and David and Jonathan -- hey, it's just platonic kissing and fonding and undressing.

Yeah, right.

That would be because He (and His Word) are the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow, because it's SPIRITUALLY discerned, the flesh profits NOTHING. Peace

Old 05-26-2016, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
You're denying the Word of God. It is plainly against members of the same sex
having sexual relations. The verses are incontrivertible. The traditions and dogmas
of Christian and Jewish and Mohammedan churches throughout history are incontrivertible
on this matter. Direct references to homosexuality:

"For this reason God gave them up to dishonorable passions. Their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural, and the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in their own persons the due penalty for their error" (Rom. 1:26–27).

1 Corinthians 6:9-10
9 have ye not known that the unrighteous the reign of God shall not inherit? be not led astray; neither whoremongers, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor sodomites,
10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, the reign of God shall inherit.

"Now we know that the law is good, if any one uses it lawfully, understanding this, that the law is not laid down for the just but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers, immoral persons, sodomites, kidnappers, liars, perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound doctrine" (1 Tim. 1:8–10).

"Just as Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding cities, which likewise acted immorally and indulged in unnatural lust, serve as an example by undergoing a punishment of eternal fire" (Jude 7).

Genesis 19:1-11
19 And two of the messengers come towards Sodom at even, and Lot is sitting at the gate of Sodom, and Lot seeth, and riseth to meet them, and boweth himself -- face to the earth,
2 and he saith, `Lo, I pray you, my lords, turn aside, I pray you, unto the house of your servant, and lodge, and wash your feet -- then ye have risen early and gone on your way;' and they say, `Nay, but in the broad place we do lodge.'
3 And he presseth on them greatly, and they turn aside unto him, and come in unto his house; and he maketh for them a banquet, and hath baked unleavened things; and they do eat.
4 Before they lie down, the men of the city -- men of Sodom -- have come round about against the house, from young even unto aged, all the people from the extremity;
5 and they call unto Lot and say to him, `Where [are] the men who have come in unto thee to-night? bring them out unto us, and we know them.' (know means sexual relations)
6 And Lot goeth out unto them, to the opening, and the door hath shut behind him,
7 and saith, `Do not, I pray you, my brethren, do evil; (that is anal penetration between men)
8 lo, I pray you, I have two daughters, who have not known any one; let me, I pray you, bring them out unto you, and do to them as [is] good in your eyes; only to these men do not anything, for therefore have they come in within the shadow of my roof.' (Lot offers his DAUGHTERS rather than rape the men)

Leviticus 18:22Young's Literal Translation (YLT)

22 `And with a male thou dost not lie as one lieth with a woman; abomination it [is].

Leviticus 20:13
13 `And a man who lieth with a male as one lieth with a woman; abomination both of them have done; they are certainly put to death; their blood [is] on them.

Once again, where's a good rep when you need one.....thanks for posting the truth, it's always a refreshing change of pace on these threads. Peace

Old 05-26-2016, 10:47 AM

17,164 posts, read 11,438,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Cyber, fear not. God is love, and when you are focused on the God which is love, peace is the promised result. Though my hugs are not half so lovely and aromatic as Ronkons, I offer you one anyway. ~ Pleroo, aka satan, aka the devil
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicarjoe View Post
You have read the bible? Its not exactly a book of love. LMAO, its full of crazy people killing and an anal retentive god who is bipolar. You pick out one or two verses and say god just wants us to hug it out? You need to go back and read the book where Jesus curses a tree for not bearing fruit, and men burn their daughters in tribute to god helping them win a battle. Not exactly a book of love. Oh my fav. Lot and his daughters must reproduce so he gets drunk and has sex with his children. Or when God demands Abraham kill his child then says at the last min, just kidding wanted to see if you would do it. NOT a book of love.
Oh I agree whole-heartedly. The bible is chock full of things that are diametrically opposed to the belief that "God is love." Those who insist that it is infallible must live with the cognitive disonnance that causes, and they cope with that in different ways.

Old 05-26-2016, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
You realize you are making a major assumption that He was, in fact, raised from the dead...

It's no assumption when it happens to you, ie. He raises up His body in your flesh. Would you know it if someone gave you a glass of cool water as opposed to a glass of earth to drink? Even the blind would know. It's the same with receiving His Spirit, there's no mistaking it, you are changed like someone switched on a light in a darkened room. Peace

Old 05-26-2016, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
The question was...

In your own life, have you needed someone else to tell you when something about the way you live your life has been detrimental to you? Were you unable to see the problems it caused for yourself?

(By the way, know and understand that this is coming from someone who was once very much immersed in those books as you are, until the spirit of Love freed me from that mind-prison. It wasn't until then that I could recognize that I had been living under a dark cloud.)

Everyone is blind to their own flesh to some degree, until His Spirit gives us eyes to see and ears to hear.

The Spirit of love that G-d IS, does NOT free you from His witnesses; the Word, the Tabernacle, or the creation, unless of course, you are dead. Peace

Old 05-26-2016, 10:52 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,280,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
That would be because He (and His Word) are the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow, because it's SPIRITUALLY discerned, the flesh profits NOTHING. Peace
More pseudo-spiritual, nonsensical babble from a reliable source of same. Phony.

Old 05-26-2016, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
One thing Jesus did was set a higher standard and gave us a kingdom of heaven perspective of sin. In the Sermon on the Mount, He spoke of sin being an internal spiritual issue.

Matthew 5:27-28 - "You have heard that it was said, `YOU SHALL NOT COMMIT ADULTERY'; 28 but I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

So even if His thoughts were impure, it's sin. It is definitely a different level than acting out on it - but they are sinful thoughts. So - there's no gay there.

Amen, He spoke of the roots, which btw, are what supply the thoughts in the first place, and why the first article of our armor is the HELMET of salvation, because that is where the battle begins and ends. And which is why He said to take EVERY THOUGHT into captivity of the mind of Christ. My rep for you Peace

Old 05-26-2016, 10:55 AM

17,164 posts, read 11,438,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Everyone is blind to their own flesh to some degree, until His Spirit gives us eyes to see and ears to hear.

The Spirit of love that G-d IS, does NOT free you from His witnesses; the Word, the Tabernacle, or the creation, unless of course, you are dead. Peace
You. Have YOU needed other people to tell you something in your life was sinful in order to be aware that it was causing you harm?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity