Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2016, 10:10 AM

9,855 posts, read 11,964,251 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Jesus has no sin or He would not have been raised from the dead.
You realize you are making a major assumption that He was, in fact, raised from the dead...

Old 05-26-2016, 10:11 AM

9,981 posts, read 8,621,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
(*sigh*) ...I'm resisting the urge to bang my head against the wall in exasperation. How many times can the very same ground be covered before people catch on? All I have to say to Snowball is that those texts have already been addressed elsewhere on these threads MANY times and they DO appear to reference temple prostitutes. They certainly don't reference homosexuality as per our understanding of the term.

Now, if Snowball or anyone else can present an exegetical approach to these particular scriptures that DON'T reference male/male sex with idolatry then please do so. Merely offering a chapter and a verse without explanation just doesn't cut it.
You're denying the Word of God. It is plainly against members of the same sex
having sexual relations. The verses are incontrivertible. The traditions and dogmas
of Christian and Jewish and Mohammedan churches throughout history are incontrivertible
on this matter. Direct references to homosexuality:

"For this reason God gave them up to dishonorable passions. Their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural, and the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in their own persons the due penalty for their error" (Rom. 1:26–27).

1 Corinthians 6:9-10
9 have ye not known that the unrighteous the reign of God shall not inherit? be not led astray; neither whoremongers, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor sodomites,
10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, the reign of God shall inherit.

"Now we know that the law is good, if any one uses it lawfully, understanding this, that the law is not laid down for the just but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers, immoral persons, sodomites, kidnappers, liars, perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound doctrine" (1 Tim. 1:8–10).

"Just as Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding cities, which likewise acted immorally and indulged in unnatural lust, serve as an example by undergoing a punishment of eternal fire" (Jude 7).

Genesis 19:1-11
19 And two of the messengers come towards Sodom at even, and Lot is sitting at the gate of Sodom, and Lot seeth, and riseth to meet them, and boweth himself -- face to the earth,
2 and he saith, `Lo, I pray you, my lords, turn aside, I pray you, unto the house of your servant, and lodge, and wash your feet -- then ye have risen early and gone on your way;' and they say, `Nay, but in the broad place we do lodge.'
3 And he presseth on them greatly, and they turn aside unto him, and come in unto his house; and he maketh for them a banquet, and hath baked unleavened things; and they do eat.
4 Before they lie down, the men of the city -- men of Sodom -- have come round about against the house, from young even unto aged, all the people from the extremity;
5 and they call unto Lot and say to him, `Where [are] the men who have come in unto thee to-night? bring them out unto us, and we know them.' (know means sexual relations)
6 And Lot goeth out unto them, to the opening, and the door hath shut behind him,
7 and saith, `Do not, I pray you, my brethren, do evil; (that is anal penetration between men)
8 lo, I pray you, I have two daughters, who have not known any one; let me, I pray you, bring them out unto you, and do to them as [is] good in your eyes; only to these men do not anything, for therefore have they come in within the shadow of my roof.' (Lot offers his DAUGHTERS rather than rape the men)

Leviticus 18:22Young's Literal Translation (YLT)

22 `And with a male thou dost not lie as one lieth with a woman; abomination it [is].

Leviticus 20:13
13 `And a man who lieth with a male as one lieth with a woman; abomination both of them have done; they are certainly put to death; their blood [is] on them.

Old 05-26-2016, 10:14 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,071,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
I'm surprised that he's not claiming Jesus was gay too since he hung out with men. Hey that's proof enough for him! People like him need David to be gay in the Bible on the thinnest level of evidence so he can build this case to support the sin of homosexuality and expound anger and hatred for those who do not.

Yeah makes total sense. King David was so gay that he actually had a man murdered so he could sleep with his wife! Maybe it's just me, but I kinda think that makes you very heterosexual.

Now you know that being rational will get you nowhere on this board, so just stop it and stop it now, dang it! You'll give the CHRISTIAN forum that this is, a bad name. Peace

Old 05-26-2016, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Your god does not approve of SHELL-FISH, TOUCHING PIGS, BLENDING FABRICS, DRINKING MILK WITH MY BURGER, and 609 OTHER INANE acts.

HOT THE FLIP DOES SSM "DEFILE" the FLIPPIN LAND?????

These cultists really need to get a grip on reality and step away from that ONCE UPON A TIME misogynistic piece of junk they idolize and put Christ back in the center of their lives.

YOU may be too young to remember this---

When RELIGION demonized INTERRACIAL MARRIAGE.

No, He doesn't. And if you were REALLY following Him, you'd be interested in finding out the spiritual truth behind all those things to the saving of your OWN SOUL, but you're not, you're content to live in the dust realm and throw unbroken stones. Further, it's YOUR LAND that it defiles, not the land under your feet. Peace

Old 05-26-2016, 10:19 AM

17,164 posts, read 11,437,340 times
Quote:
On an occasion, she had to let me know how my actions affected her - of which I was unaware.
This sounds like simply people who live together communicating about their needs and wants and not expecting the other person to read their mind about feeling hurt at not getting a need or want met by the other. That isn't what I'm talking about, I'm sure you understand. I'm asking if you have needed someone to tell you that you are sinning because you were unaware of the harm it was doing to your life?

Quote:
You deleted the Manziel reference... maybe you are not aware of him. He would be the perfect example. He has ruined his pro-football career, and is currently partying and drinking and doing drugs, and the people closest to him have tried unsuccessfully to turn him in a different direction. They say he won't make it to his next birthday at this rate, and he is not listening to them.
You cannot know whether or not this person is unaware of the harm his actions are causing himself and others. (i have, personally, never known an addict to be unaware that their addiction was a problem.) With respect, I'm asking you to answer based on your own experiences. Thanks.

Old 05-26-2016, 10:20 AM

45,760 posts, read 27,404,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
You realize you are making a major assumption that He was, in fact, raised from the dead...
My life is based on that... so yes, I understand that ultimately it is by faith that I believe in His resurrection.

Old 05-26-2016, 10:22 AM

50,457 posts, read 64,308,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
Oh my, you were doing so well until you threw in the bolded part.
I did not mean that gay people are sinners. It was just a figure of speech.

Old 05-26-2016, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
And you fail to see that this fact only makes the context worse while not reflecting on the relationship in private life in any way?

And you fail to see the motive of the heart is of it, is for the flesh to rule over the flesh of another, instead of the Spirit ruling over the flesh in right order, ie. spirit, soul, and flesh. This puts man "upside down".
And the one who lives in the flesh/temple declaring that he is G-d, just LOVES that position because it gives him free rein to ride his horse anywhere he chooses, and he chooses the grave.

This is why Jesus said not one STONE would be left standing upon another. Men without Him in their heart in fullness, are as STONES, Adam's stony heart always betrays him. Peace

Old 05-26-2016, 10:27 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,807,253 times
Quote:
If Jesus were gay, I would reject Him as the Savior of the world. Why? He would have sin on his account. He would not have rose from the dead. He would not qualify to save anyone. He would be just like everyone else on the earth.

It's preposterous to even suggest this.
That's ridiculous. Even if Jesus were celibate, it'd still be a sin? BEING gay is not a sin. Get that through your head.

Old 05-26-2016, 10:32 AM

17,164 posts, read 11,437,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
And again, the answer to every question is the Word and the sharing of that Word is a privilege, NO MATTER WHAT THE TOPIC. Understand and believe that this is coming from someone who was once an agnostic who thought the books were written by men. Yes, ME! But the Spirit of G-d changed all that in an instant of time.

You insist on focusing on my comments regarding that topic, as me "proclaiming" it like IT'S my job to just dwell on that topic. Laughable and typical of, don't like the message, slaughter the messenger. I suspect it wouldn't matter WHAT the topic was, if you didn't agree with what the Word says about it and I did, then I would be "guilty" again of "proclaiming sin".

All it says to me is that your will has not been fully broken to become the submissive spirit of the Son. Peace
The question was...

In your own life, have you needed someone else to tell you when something about the way you live your life has been detrimental to you? Were you unable to see the problems it caused for yourself?

(By the way, know and understand that this is coming from someone who was once very much immersed in those books as you are, until the spirit of Love freed me from that mind-prison. It wasn't until then that I could recognize that I had been living under a dark cloud.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity