Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2016, 12:30 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,040,762 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
It is not a responsibility to call out sin - unless the Holy Spirit is pinging my conscience... that's a separate issue.

In general, I don't go around calling out people's sin. So in that sense, I am not sure I qualify to answer your question.

You have to understand the environment in which these discussions take place. We are on a discussion board. We discuss things. So we have this back and forth about homosexuality and sin. We are having a discussion. You guys want to extrapolate this discussion into believing that we go around accusing people of sin, just for control or sport or whatever... at least you (or other adversarial spiritual forces) want the perception of that. Most Christians do not do that.

Also, I don't want sexual deviancy lifted up in our legislation. That is another area where I will point out the sin of homosexuality... not regarding certain rights, but stuff like the ludicrous bathroom deal.

So to repeat, I don't go around calling out people's sin as a regular occurrence.

With regards to the remainder of your question - it is sin... because it is sin, at some point problems will occur. People will handle problems differently. Johnny Manziel lost his job because he couldn't control himself. That's a problem. He is still partying at a increasing level even though everyone is telling him to stop.

Not sure if this answers your issue... I'm sure you will inform me.

Exactly.

Old 05-26-2016, 12:32 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,709,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
No, I reject the false Christ that you present which in my opinion is nothing more than a prop version of Christianity fueled by Satan. Certainly explains why you are so mean and nasty to Bible believers and make up lies about me like the one here.
Thanks for showing us that you would, indeed, reject Jesus if He were gay. You have made it perfectly clear that you have created god in your own image---a statement often made by atheists/agnostics. It is another way of proclaiming YOU are god. That's okay, plenty of other pagan individuals have done so throughout history.

Old 05-26-2016, 12:33 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,040,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
He uses the word mouldly so he can imagine that the Bible is dusty and outdated. lol

I know. Pity he doesn't realize his own "house" is unclean with leprosy (mold in the natural). Peace

Old 05-26-2016, 12:38 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,386,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Asking questions which are intended to allow one to look at things from, hopefully, a different perspective would only be seen as a trap by someone who is afraid of what they might see. The fact that you are offended by my questions, speaks volumes.

The message that God is not holding anyone's sins against them is the good news that leads to repentance/a renewed mind.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Not afraid of anything. G-d's arrows shoot straight for the heart and don't miss, they don't meander around looking for a new angle. Peace
A new angle? Do you really disagree with the bolded? Why?

Old 05-26-2016, 12:46 PM

45,541 posts, read 27,157,256 times
Quote:
And I have said that I appreciate your concerns about safety. But when you call LGBT people deviant in a public forum, then you should expect push back. Also, what do you mean by "lifted up"?
I do not call them deviant. Actions are deviant. Opening up bathrooms to facilitate sexual crimes is deviant, and unnecessary.

Quote:
Perhaps you will agree then, that being told to stop, or that it's "sinful" has not and will not be productive in his case. And perhaps you would agree that is generally the case. And, for Christianity, I do not believe the message is supposed to have anything to do with calling out sin, but rather with speaking the love of God into people's lives and letting the spirit do it's job.

This ^^ is the perception/perspective I am coming from, so perhaps if you keep that in mind you will not ascribe evil or adversarial motives to me in the future.
I will take it on a case by case basis.

What you don't get is that in the proper spirit, it is loving to call out sin in hopes one turns away from it. Again... I believe this needs to be prompted by the Holy Spirit.

Old 05-26-2016, 12:49 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,709,569 times
Quote:
If Jesus were gay, I would reject Him as the Savior of the world. Why? He would have sin on his account. He would not have rose from the dead. He would not qualify to save anyone. He would be just like everyone else on the earth.

It's preposterous to even suggest this.
As with Jeff, you choose to make jesus into your own image. That was the point of my statement. You love bigotry more than you love God. You are more focused on your image of what is evil in in the world than you are focused on Who came to rescue us. You would be the one telling the Good Samaritan to get away from you as you lie injured in a ditch. You have to have a savior fitting your image---therefore you've not really, deeply discovered how lost you truly are. I suspected it, but this cinched it.

A Savior is One Who sets you free. But you would rather bind Jesus into your own image so He cannot be your Lord----instead you are His lord.

Look into a mirror. Only when you can see yourself as less righteous than anyone else--including all those homosexuals you put in hell--will your heart be ready for any Savior who can truly be your Lord.

Expecting you to reject the call for self-reflection, I still wish you the very best should you desire to start the journey. It isn't pleasant.

Old 05-26-2016, 01:00 PM

45,541 posts, read 27,157,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
As with Jeff, you choose to make jesus into your own image. That was the point of my statement. You love bigotry more than you love God. You are more focused on your image of what is evil in in the world than you are focused on Who came to rescue us. You would be the one telling the Good Samaritan to get away from you as you lie injured in a ditch. You have to have a savior fitting your image---therefore you've not really, deeply discovered how lost you truly are. I suspected it, but this cinched it.

A Savior is One Who sets you free. But you would rather bind Jesus into your own image so He cannot be your Lord----instead you are His lord.

Look into a mirror. Only when you can see yourself as less righteous than anyone else--including all those homosexuals you put in hell--will your heart be ready for any Savior who can truly be your Lord.

Expecting you to reject the call for self-reflection, I still wish you the very best should you desire to start the journey. It isn't pleasant.
Something's wrong with you...

You suggest Jesus is gay, and then accuse me, Jeff, etc. of making Jesus into our own image - which is the very thing you did.

Both laughable and sad...

And of course wash it down with some name calling and accusations - which is predictable.

Old 05-26-2016, 01:04 PM

Quote:
I do not call them deviant. Actions are deviant.
I'd say you're splitting hairs here. You can see that this would be offensive, right? Please don't be one of those people who hide behind "the gospel is offensive". Calling what one believes is sin in another, deviant, is not the gospel.

Quote:
Opening up bathrooms to facilitate sexual crimes is deviant, and unnecessary.

Here you subtly demonize those who are concerned with having compassion for transgenders by saying their purpose is actually nefarious. Do you honestly believe that facilitating sexual crimes is the real motive of the majority of those people?

Quote:

What you don't get is that in the proper spirit, it is loving to call out sin in hopes one turns away from it. Again... I believe this needs to be prompted by the Holy Spirit.
You guys are quick to say that other people who disagree with you on this issue who also believe they are being led by the spirit, are actually being led by a sour stomach. Take care.

Old 05-26-2016, 01:29 PM

Quote:

Perhaps you will agree then, that being told to stop, or that it's "sinful" has not and will not be productive in his case. And perhaps you would agree that is generally the case. And, for Christianity, I do not believe the message is supposed to have anything to do with calling out sin, but rather with speaking the love of God into people's lives and letting the spirit do it's job.

This ^^ is the perception/perspective I am coming from, so perhaps if you keep that in mind you will not ascribe evil or adversarial motives to me in the future.
Quote:

Drob, the perception I DO have of many of you who hold onto the right to call out sin in others is that you do not think God's love is effectual or powerful enough to do for others what it has done for you: turn you away from sin. I'm not saying this to get a rise out of you (you often seem to think that is my motive). But tell me why I shouldn't think that.

Old 05-26-2016, 01:30 PM

10,086 posts, read 5,730,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post

You must have a different version of the Bible because the Bible is very clear. God hates sin. Jesus hated sin. He was so passionately against it that he said it would be better to amputate your body than to risk going to hell. But you rather let someone continue into a life of destructive sin because it is politically correct and you won't offend them.

The statement that we love bigotry more than God is just false and offensive. I'm only a bigot if I think I am better than someone else. I don't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity