Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2016, 03:06 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,392,298 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmie
You're not addressing my point. You're dancing around it.
I am addressing your point. You just don't want to hear it. Gay and straight alike can be harmed through promiscuity. Encourage people to partake in monogamous behavior that is beneficial, and quit focusing on their sexual orientation, which is beside the point.

Last edited by Pleroo; 06-03-2016 at 03:13 PM.. Reason: My previous ingrained sin-consciousness was seeping out. Focus on the positive, pleroo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2016, 03:11 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Of course, but gay men die of Aids at a much higher rate than heterosexuals.
How many are/were born with the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)?

Old 06-03-2016, 03:11 PM

689 posts, read 549,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
[

I am addressing your point. You just don't want to hear it. Gay and straight alike can be harmed through promiscuity. Encourage people not to partake in behavior that is actually harmful, and quit focusing on their sexual orientation, which is beside the point.
To me, that's quite off-topic. The topic is about whether anti-gay Christians have comprehended wrongly about God's message as the Pharisees did.

Old 06-03-2016, 03:16 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,392,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkins View Post
To me, that's quite off-topic. The topic is about whether anti-gay Christians have comprehended wrongly about God's message as the Pharisees did.

Eta: oh, I think you may have been misled about what I was addressing. I accidentally quoted your post, when I meant to respond to Jimmie. I've fixed that. Sorry for any confusion.

Old 06-03-2016, 03:18 PM

63,812 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkins View Post
Of course they misunderstood because they did not test it against the Spirit of agape love (Who IS God). They blindly accept everything in the Bible as if it were God's word. Nothing in the bible that is incompatible or inconsistent with the Spirit of agape love could ever be from God or Jesus. That should be clear to anyone who knows the "mind of Christ" and His clear and unambiguous demonstration of God's TRUE NATURE.

Old 06-03-2016, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Nope, it's not. Its not about whether they have, but what IF they have.
That's why my question is how will you justify your "if" with following verse;

Leviticus 18:22 (NIV)
Do not have sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman; that is detestable.

At the same time how will you justify if you are wrong by asking for a 'betting one's life' on that you are correct.

Old 06-03-2016, 03:20 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,734,940 times
Quote:
Here we go again. Homosexuality in itself is no more harmful than heterosexuality. Risky and/or promiscuous behavior is harmful to anyone.
And guess what, the nature of gay men tends to be prone to risky and promiscuous behavior. That's their choice. Blaming it on Christians or drugs is just typical blame shifting. From what I've heard about these gay rallys like Folstom Street Fair, people act almost like animals. No sense of decency at all.

Old 06-03-2016, 03:21 PM

20,441 posts, read 12,788,798 times
Quote:
I am addressing your point. You just don't want to hear it. Gay and straight alike can be harmed through promiscuity. Encourage people to partake in monogamous behavior that is beneficial, and quit focusing on their sexual orientation, which is beside the point.
Do gay men die of Aids at a higher rate than heterosexuals?

Old 06-03-2016, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Of course they misunderstood because they did not test it against the Spirit of agape love (Who IS God). They blindly accept everything in the Bible as if it were God's word. Nothing in the bible that is incompatible or inconsistent with the Spirit of agape love could ever be from God or Jesus. That should be clear to anyone who knows the "mind of Christ" and His clear and unambiguous demonstration of God's TRUE NATURE.
It only says you love gay enough but not their souls. God, as conveyed through the Bible, has a judgement to carry out. If you said that it's not what He meant to say, where's your base. Because God has love such that He won't carry out the said judgment?

Moreover, as a human, is it possible that you comprehend wrong about God and His love. What happens if your understanding is wrong and your influence will bring a bad consequence to those who believe you (i.e., God will not judge and sentence). Where's your love in this case?

Old 06-03-2016, 03:22 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,734,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
They are not dying at a high rate. Modern medicine has resulted in treatments that ameliorate symptoms and greatly extend many lives.

And those in committed relationships don't develop any STDs.

If fundies put their hypocrisy aside and tried to find a semblance of heart, they'd be very much in favour of SSM in order to encourage gay men to remain in stable relationships.

And gay women, of course, have the lowest incidence of STDs.

I don't see you or jeffy et al trumpeting the benefits of lesbianism.
I wouldn't consider mental illness issues and HPV to be benefits.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity