Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2016, 12:02 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,253,820 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Again, nobody has the spirit of Pentecost, nobody has the helper, nobody can do any of the works and gifts of the Holy spirit, so why pretend anything else?

MILLIONS of Christians who believe the Holy Spirit resides within them would disagree with you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2016, 01:30 PM

45,726 posts, read 27,348,625 times
Quote:
Scriptures spoken to converts of Judaism, the Holy spirit is not given to people in other religions. Jesus has Passover, Unleavened bread, firstfruits, Shavuot, Rosh Hashanah, Yom Kippur, Sukkot, Shemini Atzeret.

The spirit is promised and given to the people who convert to the religion of Jesus but that spirit of Pentecost was supposed to leave and did leave, but it did not leave anyone that it had came to, but that doesn't mean it comes to everyone who simply says,'' Jesus.''

There are literally 100's of millions of Christians, can you even name one Christian who has the Holy spirit?

No, you cannot, and you cannot because nobody has the spirit and if just one person had the spirit then we would be hearing his name every single day and tens of thousands of people would be following him everywhere he went because they would all be begging for a miracle and there is not one who can work in the power of the Holy spirit, this isn't a debate, there simply isn't anyone and if you think you know somebody who has the spirit, then please, tell me his name, tell me her name because I need a miracle, and I need the Holy spirit, so where do I go to obtain this holy spirit you are speaking of?

Who will lay hands on me and indwell me with a great spirit of God?

Anyone?

Bueller, Bueller?

No, not one.

You are discussing a religion that no longer exists, you are discussing a powerful spirit that righteous people obtained and there are none left, ya know why?

They were all killed for keeping the Pentecost, the very thing that gives the spirit.

There is just no sensible response I care to give for this. It is that far off base...

Old 07-07-2016, 01:47 PM

23,260 posts, read 10,535,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
MILLIONS of Christians who believe the Holy Spirit resides within them would disagree with you.
Millions of Christians make a claim, I only want one out of a million who can actually back up a claim. Millions of people could claim they are dogs and they could bark all day long but that bark aint gonna turn them into dogs.

Old 07-07-2016, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
There is just no sensible response I care to give for this. It is that far off base...
Is it that far off that a person does not even know the day the Lord died for us or the day he gave his spirit for us? It the betrothal such a thing of disgust that you despise the wedding and the consummation of that wedding where you are supposedly a bride of Christ?

What bride is disgusted by her own appointed wedding day and consummation, and what bride will have nothing to do with her own wedding banquet? Millions of brides will come, yes, they will come and say,'' Open unto us also Lord.''

But why open a door for a person who speaks against their own wedding day as if to keep such a day would be in sin?{Lord, open also to me}

We are promised a spirit which is double what the first disciples received and what person will look at the greatest gift of all and then despise it?

Those feast days were made for man and they are the days of promise to mankind which speak and teach of our marriage to our Messiah and about his sacrifice on the cross on Pesach, is it so disgusting that instead of teaching Christ on the cross, a person teaches the search for fertility in Rabbits and is the birth of Christ so despicable that people reject it and in it's place they put the Saturnalia?

Are God's ordained appointed feast days so bad that you would keep the feast days of any other God but God? If we teach Christ, we teach what Christ did in the feast days and what he promises to do in the future ON THOSE feast days. When you witness people receiving the rain of Shemini Atzeret having twice what those first disciples had, what will you say?

No need for you to pray for the rain of Sukkot is there?

Jesus came teaching that the feasts of God are lifestyles for each person to walk in, you die daily in Passover, it is not some day you keep, it is a lifestyle, and why has it become so evil?

Do you teach a different gospel than what the first disciples taught? Because those first disciples did not come teaching the ways of Babylon, in fact, people were tortured and killed simply because they would only follow Christ in his feast days. Claiming you know Christ and claiming that you follow Christ is a claim, what a person does with his hands proves what he does and who he believes in. Christ is the king of Jerusalem and he has 7 appointed feasts and his own Sabbath, do you teach a different Christ with a worship system not from Jerusalem?

Old 07-07-2016, 02:17 PM

If Christians ever came to the realization that they simply cannot heal people, they cannot work in the gifts of the spirit because the spirit was taken away, this would not be a bad thing, it would be a very good thing.

Personally, I don't see the problem, I mean, I get it, I thought I had the Holy spirit all my life but when the rubber meets the road, I simply cannot do what Jesus promised that a person could do IF he had the spirit, and I don't know anyone who can do those first miracles. I do however know the feasts and the promises and I know that this first rain had to end, it had to be taken away but we are living in such a greater day than the day Pentecost happened.

Doesn't anyone even want the double spirit that is promised on the conclusion day of the fall?

Doesn't anyone at all want to receive a spirit that would allow them to do anything, to even fly?

The coming of the Lord is as the rain, the former and latter rain upon the earth and we are promised two rains where it will happen the same way.

Where just a handful of people received the first rain, thousands upon thousands will receive the next rain.

This falling of the Holy spirit will be a flood of Sukkot and it is a sure promise from God and so why doesn't anyone want to receive it? If you were living in the days before the first spirit was given, you had a great chance, but now you are living in a day when the ultimate prize will be bestowed on mankind and they will be like gods, why do people shun such a thing?

Old 07-07-2016, 02:52 PM

45,726 posts, read 27,348,625 times
Quote:
Personally, I don't see the problem, I mean, I get it, I thought I had the Holy spirit all my life but when the rubber meets the road, I simply cannot do what Jesus promised that a person could do IF he had the spirit, and I don't know anyone who can do those first miracles. I do however know the feasts and the promises and I know that this first rain had to end, it had to be taken away but we are living in such a greater day than the day Pentecost happened.

Is this your issue ... that we can't do the miracles that they did at Pentecost? So you just assume that no one has the Holy Spirit because they can't do the miracles?

Old 07-07-2016, 03:23 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,253,820 times
Quote:
Millions of Christians make a claim, I only want one out of a million who can actually back up a claim. Millions of people could claim they are dogs and they could bark all day long but that bark aint gonna turn them into dogs.
Which is what you do. Make claims. You make claims based on your Messianic beliefs. I've yet to see you post anything that backs up your claims.

Old 07-07-2016, 03:33 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,519,627 times
Quote:
Interesting analogy ... and why not? If they claim they are dogs who are you to tell them differently.
Didn't the enlightened not too long ago say:
"this forum is filled with bunnies and chipmunks and little puppies that smell after a rain, it's just a little rain"
and:
"cultists try to interfere and DENY others their rights, that is BIGOTED"
Sounds like your religion is detritus ... you god enforcer cultist of some insecure-tiny-pitiful god.

Old 07-08-2016, 05:37 AM

1,543 posts, read 1,316,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Concerning Matthew 12:43-45, Dr. Louis A. Barbieri, Jr., Professor of Theology at Moody Bible Institute, comments,
12:4
C3-45 (Luke 11:24-26).
This generation of sign-seekers stood condemned in the final judgment. To show what their condition on earth would be if they persisted in unbelief, Jesus compared them to a man who had found deliverance from a demon (an evil spirit), perhaps through a Jewish exorcist (cf. Matt. 12:27). After the man was delivered, he tried by every natural means to clean up his life and set things in order. But mere ''religion'' is never effective so the man lacked a supernatural conversion. Consequently he was subject to possession again with more serious ramifications. Instead of one demon possessing him, he became possessed by seven other spirits. His latter condition was worse than his former. The Pharisees and other religious leaders were in danger of that happening to them for their attempts at reformation, without the power of God, were sterile. They clearly did not understand God's power, for they had just confused the power of the Spirit with the power of Satan (vv. 24-28). Thus they were wide-open targets for Satan.

[The Bible Knowledge Commentary, New Testament, An Exposition of the Scriptures by Dallas Seminary Faculty, pp. 47-48]
See Heb. 6:[4] For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift,host, and were made partakers of the Holy G
[5] And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,
[6] If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.
If we have been partakers of the Holy Ghost , and commit a willful, premeditated sin, and fall away, we cannot be renewed again since we have crucified the Son of God afresh and have put Him to an open shame. If we have never had the Holy Ghost, and if we truly repent, we can be cleansed of our unrighteousness.

Last edited by Robert M Prince; 07-08-2016 at 05:48 AM..

Old 07-08-2016, 08:22 AM

33,354 posts, read 26,577,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert M Prince View Post
See Heb. 6:[4] For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift,host, and were made partakers of the Holy G
[5] And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,
[6] If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.
If we have been partakers of the Holy Ghost , and commit a willful, premeditated sin, and fall away, we cannot be renewed again since we have crucified the Son of God afresh and have put Him to an open shame. If we have never had the Holy Ghost, and if we truly repent, we can be cleansed of our unrighteousness.
I have explained Hebrews 6:4-6 on this forum a few times in the past, and perhaps even to you. That passage is not talking about loss of salvation. The writer of Hebrews was writing to Jewish believers who were being pressured by the Judaizers to return to the teachings of Judaism and to ignore the grace teaching they had been taught. 'Falling away' does not refer to falling away or losing your salvation. It refers to falling away from, or rejecting grace thinking and returning to some system of legalism. Believers who turn away from the truth rarely turn back to the truth. That doesn't mean they lose their salvation.

Why don't you make an effort to study and learn the actual meaning of these passages which you think teach the possibility of losing your salvation?

And why do you ignore those passages which teach that eternal salvation cannot be lost?

Last edited by Michael Way; 07-08-2016 at 08:32 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity