Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2016, 11:15 AM

3,348 posts, read 1,637,017 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kode View Post
I don't understand that to be a refutation of, --or even a reply to, --anything I said. But it is pretty vague and unclear as to meaning.
hmm, i edited, maybe that clarifies?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2016, 01:53 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,915,310 times
Quote:
So your "god" looks the other way, ignores the threat facing an innocent whom he "loves" and let's the parents' sins and imperfections sentence the baby to a life of suffering and early death in some cases?

Not only is that a description of evil, but babies were born with conditions causing suffering and death before pollution existed and without alcohol being an issue. you're making up excuses for something you can't handle honestly.

You are throwing away, life everlasting because of false reasoning. This system had to be--the only other choice God had was to kill the 3 rebels in Eden--thus no one born ever would have been born. the seed would have died with them. God knew all had the right to life of that seed. So once and for all time God is letting it be proven--Mortals knowing only good and listening to God by choice is the best path for mortals to find lasting happiness. Satan says knowing both sides is best--satan is wrong.
False reasoning to blame God for what Adam and Eve chose for us. God created mortals to know only good--to live forever on a paradise earth, never sick or aging, listening to his advice on matters.= Gods will for mortals. His kingdom will bring that reality back to mortals.

Old 09-18-2016, 02:17 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,211,479 times
Quote:
Then who caused Down's Syndrome? Who created genetics? Is there another creator?
Personally, in my opinion I say the blame lies with MONSANTO, BAYER, UPJOHN, MERCK, and the other pharmaceuticals / manufactures of toxins...

Old 09-18-2016, 04:18 PM

88,525 posts, read 84,719,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Personally, in my opinion I say the blame lies with MONSANTO, BAYER, UPJOHN, MERCK, and the other pharmaceuticals / manufactures of toxins...
Nah, Downs Syndrome predates those companies. John Langdon Downs wrote his Observation on an Ethnic Classification of Idiots in the 1860s.

Old 09-18-2016, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Nah, Downs Syndrome predates those companies. John Langdon Downs wrote his Observation on an Ethnic Classification of Idiots in the 1860s.
There are other genetic defects other that down syndrome, and it is possible there were other toxins in play prior the 1860s--lead was extremely prevalent as were multitude of other pesticides and heavy metals that could cause genetic mutations..and given the exponential increase in down syndrome and autism and variations like Asperger syndrome one has to wonder how the big manufactures of toxins contribute to these issues.

Old 09-18-2016, 05:01 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,387,358 times
Quote:
A large portion of it for sure.

Old 09-18-2016, 05:11 PM

3,348 posts, read 1,637,017 times
thing is we vote for them with our $. Refuse to patronize them and they die

Old 09-18-2016, 05:23 PM

88,525 posts, read 84,719,546 times
Quote:
There are other genetic defects other that down syndrome, and it is possible there were other toxins in play prior the 1860s--lead was extremely prevalent as were multitude of other pesticides and heavy metals that could cause genetic mutations..and given the exponential increase in down syndrome and autism and variations like Asperger syndrome one has to wonder how the big manufactures of toxins contribute to these issues.
Yes, now autism I do wonder about. That has indeed increased. When I was a kid, a teenager, so 1970s, I heard of autism for the first time. The son of a woman my mother knew was autistic. He was attracted to motors, like in the refrigerator, for example, and seemed to be able to connect with them but not with humans. That was the only kid I ever heard of, though, for years. There has to be something behind all these cases.

Is there an increase in Downs syndrome? I know there's a higher risk with older mothers. I thought fewer were born because detection in utero is possible.

Old 09-18-2016, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbyrd009 View Post
thing is we vote for them with our $. Refuse to patronize them and they die
No they do not..they just get subsidized with tax dollars before being appointed to the Supreme Court

Old 09-18-2016, 09:30 PM

1,050 posts, read 505,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbyrd009 View Post
hmm, i edited, maybe that clarifies?
It's included.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity