Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2017, 02:27 PM

658 posts, read 360,237 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
Try as you might, you do not get to decide if God loves someone. You seek to involve yourself in matters that do not concern you.

The Book of Excuses certainly makes men busybodies.
In my meditations last night Jesus came and said something interesting.

"Eeeehgh. Man, oh man. That Ronkonkonkonanative dude really gets on my holy ****. Thinks he knows it all. Ugh. He's the first person I just cannot find any love for."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2017, 02:42 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,401,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northnomad View Post
In my meditations last night Jesus came and said something interesting.

"Eeeehgh. Man, oh man. That Ronkonkonkonanative dude really gets on my holy ****. Thinks he knows it all. Ugh. He's the first person I just cannot find any love for."
The guy who came to you last night though Ronkon was a dude? That's your first clue that whomever spoke to you doesn't know much.

Old 03-11-2017, 03:40 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,787,613 times
You can tell a tree by it's fruit. A good tree cannot bear bad fruit just like a bad tree cannot bear good fruit.

Any tree that does not bear good fruit will be cut down and thrown in the fire.

Old 03-11-2017, 04:16 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,238,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
You can tell a tree by it's fruit. A good tree cannot bear bad fruit just like a bad tree cannot bear good fruit.

So are u to judge good fruit from bad?

Old 03-11-2017, 05:02 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Being that Jesus taught believing the "right" doctrines ( including eternal torment, substitutionary atonement and biblical inerrancy) ... subsequently anything to the contrary is the "precepts and doctrines of men." .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
If you believe in eternal torment or damnation, then you are missing the mark.
And, "No one who is born of God practices sin" by justifying the unjustifiable.
Quote:

Jesus said he was "the truth" and we all know that the promised Guide reminded the disciples everything that Jesus taught thus making the NT inspired Word of God and inerrant.

You will be in for a very rude awaking.
Quote:
It may come as a counter-shock to you, when you find out that what you expected or believed is not true.

Quote:
Those with the Spirit have no reason question that Jesus spoke the full truth ... trusting in the counter-shock theory will only prove to be more of the "precepts and doctrines of men."

Psalm 69 (selected verses)
May their eyes be darkened so they cannot see, and their backs be bent forever.
Pour out your wrath on them; let your fierce anger overtake them.

Charge them with crime upon crime; do not let them share in your salvation.
May they be blotted out of the book of life and not be listed with the righteous.
Rev 20 (selected verses) repeats the same teaching this way
I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened.
Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to
what they had done as recorded in the books.

Anyone whose name was not found written in the book of life was thrown into the lake of fire.
btw: revelation is from Jesus Christ, which God gave him. You will be in for a very rude awaking.
You cannot love others, if you are bent on destroying them.

Old 03-11-2017, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
A good tree cannot bear bad fruit just like a bad tree cannot bear good fruit.
Where the dross will be removed, leaving a sweet smelling aroma.

Old 03-11-2017, 07:54 PM

3,536 posts, read 1,711,177 times
Quote:

God will remove the devil from others. It is not our job to do, unless, I suppose, we would rather be a vessel of dishonor. Everything and everyone has a purpose in God's economy. He outsmarts the brightest minds. Suddenly my thoughts turn to a match of Chess.

Old 03-11-2017, 08:04 PM

3,536 posts, read 1,711,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
I on the other hand would gladly, in a second, in less time than it took Jesus to forgive the thief reject this version of heaven and GLADLY run full speed in the opposite direction. I would rather DEMAND eternity be spent ANYWHERE but the place described by so many evangelicals who simply regurgitate what MEN have told them and what they so desperately want to believe is acceptance for using "tough-love" (one of the biggest oxymoron ever) because they want, no they NEED a punitive, vengeful and ANGRY god to justify their treatment of the marginalized and validate their selfishness, greed and earthly treasures they have accumulated here on earth.

I would rather do or be any place other than a "heaven" built on the oppression of others--a place that says some people are unworthy of GOD'S LOVE, a place that scrutinizes my works and rejects my HEART, a place that would require me to HATE another simply because they have a different "religion?" A place that encourages me to see women as less, children as servants and men as supreme...

I would rather go into oblivion, knowing my evangelical brethren got what they wished for and have been give many cities to rule over as a war-mongering image of god destroys that which they believe to be weaker in the first place?

WHY DOES GOD NEED TO WAGE WAR AGAINST THAT WHICH IS POWERLESS OVER GOD??

DOES IT REALLY REQUIRE A 1000 YEARS TO DEFEAT THAT WHICH ONE HAS CREATED???

SURLY THIS IMAGE OF GOD IS WEAK AND IMPENITENT THAT EVIL CANNOT BE ERASED WITH JUST A THOUGHT??

WHAT NEED DOES GOD HAVE OF A WAR AGAINST THAT WHICH IS SUBJECT TO GOD?????

They say you ain't supposed to cry in heaven, cause it must be kind of like baseball where crying ain't allowed either, but I am wondering exactly who will be in heaven and who will we be crying for?
Powerful statement. I'm so thankful to be free from believing in a false and warped image of God that makes him out to be a bigot, raging, frothing and foaming at the mouth beast. His Name is Holy and this perversion of God's image will go into oblivion, never to rise again.

Old 03-11-2017, 08:09 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,787,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
So are u to judge good fruit from bad?
I judge as I hear and my judgment is righteous because I am not seeking my own will but the will of Him who sent me.

Old 03-11-2017, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Those with the Spirit have no reason question that Jesus spoke the full truth ... trusting in the counter-shock theory will only prove to be more of the "precepts and doctrines of men."

Psalm 69 (selected verses)
May their eyes be darkened so they cannot see, and their backs be bent forever.
Pour out your wrath on them; let your fierce anger overtake them.

Charge them with crime upon crime; do not let them share in your salvation.
May they be blotted out of the book of life and not be listed with the righteous.
Rev 20 (selected verses) repeats the same teaching this way
I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened.
Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to
what they had done as recorded in the books.

Anyone whose name was not found written in the book of life was thrown into the lake of fire.
btw: revelation is from Jesus Christ, which God gave him. You will be in for a very rude awaking.
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
God will remove the devil from others. It is not our job to do, unless, I suppose, we would rather be a vessel of dishonor. Everything and everyone has a purpose in God's economy. He outsmarts the brightest minds. Suddenly my thoughts turn to a match of Chess.
It's not always about winning. Sometimes, it's merely about learning.
And I believe there is always room for self-improvement.

Last edited by Jerwade; 03-11-2017 at 09:37 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity