Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2017, 09:09 AM

21,087 posts, read 29,312,493 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
I am thankful GOD doesn't see people the way most of you do. God sees PERFECTION when he looks at his children...ALL of his children...nothing more and nothing less. I you think God loves you more because you profess the doctrines of a religion or religious beliefs, you are sadly mistaken. God does not concern himself with worldly/egoic/carnal things but with spiritual things...he is concerned with what's going on INSIDE of you. It's pretty clear to me that most Christians don't have a clue what it actually means to BE IN CHRIST.

OOOOOOOOOOO...where have you been all my life.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2017, 09:26 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,228,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post

OOOOOOOOOOO...where have you been all my life.....
Lurking...

Old 03-07-2017, 05:14 PM

20,460 posts, read 12,851,941 times
Quote:
I am thankful GOD doesn't see people the way most of you do. God sees PERFECTION when he looks at his children...ALL of his children...nothing more and nothing less. I you think God loves you more because you profess the doctrines of a religion or religious beliefs, you are sadly mistaken. God does not concern himself with worldly/egoic/carnal things but with spiritual things...he is concerned with what's going on INSIDE of you. It's pretty clear to me that most Christians don't have a clue what it actually means to BE IN CHRIST.
I think God loves those who are "in Christ" and desires that all be so.

Old 03-07-2017, 05:58 PM

3,536 posts, read 1,719,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
The scriptures says God loved us "while we were yet sinners" and that he is the one who FIRST LOVES US.

Old 03-07-2017, 06:08 PM

64,026 posts, read 40,331,746 times
Quote:
Amen!
Quote:
God loves us all and always has.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
The scriptures says God loved us "while we were yet sinners" and that he is the one who FIRST LOVES US.
Amen. They seem not to understand what that means, Rain. They keep wanting to take credit for gaining God's love by believing the "right" things or professing the "right" things or following the "right" rules, etc. It is a travesty.

Old 03-07-2017, 06:24 PM

20,460 posts, read 12,851,941 times
Quote:
Quote:
You are correct. I did a poor job of stating my point. As much as I quote John 3, I should not have missed that. In my defense, I did say God desires all to be saved.

What I meant was, while "God so loved the world", many reject Christ and remain unredeemed.

Old 03-07-2017, 08:34 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,282,646 times
Quote:
You are correct. I did a poor job of stating my point. As much as I quote John 3, I should not have missed that. In my defense, I did say God desires all to be saved.

What I meant was, while "God so loved the world", many reject Christ and remain unredeemed.
And some of us think Christ seems, by many accounts, to be a swell guy but find it a stretch to award him Godliness.

And if that's rejecting him, so be it.

I'll hang out with the other unredeemed and those enlightened, intelligent, educated Christians who don't parse the bible the way fundies do.

Old 03-07-2017, 08:49 PM

3,536 posts, read 1,719,878 times
Quote:

For now not all are IN CHRIST. But that is not the end of the story. Just as God "cut off" the Jews to bring in the Gentiles, in a similar way, it is not his plan to redeem all people in this lifetime. However, God will get everything - the whole lot - to be revealed in due time. God cannot possibly lose anything that belongs to himself. Oh ye of little faith.

Old 03-08-2017, 08:50 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,530,795 times
Quote:
To appreciate the significance of "who FIRST LOVES US" is to first recognize what scriptures says what humanity is by nature when "while we were yet sinners"
"that every inclination of the thoughts of the human heart was only evil all the time."

"all our righteous acts are like filthy rags"

“There is no one righteous, not even one;
there is no one who understands; there is no one who seeks God.
All have turned away, they have together become worthless;
there is no one who does good, not even one.”

"The mind governed by the flesh is hostile to God; it does not submit to God’s law, nor can it do so."

"Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity, and in sin did my mother conceive me."
as Jesus truthfully spoke God's Word when he summed it up:
"Flesh gives birth to flesh,"

Old 03-08-2017, 09:00 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,530,795 times
Quote:
For now not all are IN CHRIST. But that is not the end of the story. Just as God "cut off" the Jews to bring in the Gentiles, in a similar way, it is not his plan to redeem all people in this lifetime. However, God will get everything - the whole lot - to be revealed in due time. God cannot possibly lose anything that belongs to himself. Oh ye of little faith.
Not true, there is no redemption for people beyond this lifetime only judgement and his judgement is just because God is pleased with such judgement. John 5
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity