Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2016, 01:26 AM

10,103 posts, read 5,775,665 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
Forget about human anatomy and its 'natural use'. I said that homosexuals do nothing sexually that heterosexuals don't do, whether it's 'unnatural' or not. Do you require a more graphic description or could you perhaps just apply what you imagine gay people doing sexually to straight people?

Of course you want me to forget it because your argument fails when you look at how the physical bodies were designed. Sex is a gift from God and He cleared designed intercourse as a beautiful and safe way for two opposite sexes to bond physically and emotionally. I don't need a graphic description, but the reality is that God created intercourse and that is something that homosexuals CAN NOT do.

Quote:

Huh? Where did I ever imply that you're gay?

What I'm beginning to realize, Jeff, is that you're not understanding my posts at all, hence such responses. And, you clearly have little understanding of your printed deity, the Bible.

My response was based on your comments suggesting that I am obsessed with gay sex or something to do that effect. We all know where you was heading with it.

Quote:

Do you not realize that the Bible (your God) does not reference homosexuality as we today define the term in either Hebrew, Aramaic or Greek? It just does not. How can I make that any easier for you to to understand?

Do you not realize that Paul was not God and that his epistles appeared in the Bible merely because they were chosen - by human beings - to be included? It was the luck of the draw ...other texts by other authors were excluded. What if THEY had appeared in the Bible? Would you be referring to them as 'the inspired word of God'? Therefore Paul's letters are no more - or perhaps no less - 'God-inspired' than this post to you. Can I make that any simpler?
I have seen God work supernaturally in church services from the messages of Paul. You have ZERO proof that they were not inspired by God.

Quote:

How come you haven't caught on by now, Jeff, that one's sexuality is 'a given' and not a choice? The manner in which you speak of gay people is that they are somehow feigning their sexuality for no other reason than to make Christian heads spin. Homosexuals ARE NOT in league with a fictitious Satan. Nor are they filled with fictitious demons. Until you do realize this, how can you even consider discussing this topic?
You can stop right there by claiming that Satan is fiction. The sad reality is that you practice a watered down version of Christianity called cafeteria Christianity. You take the parts of the Bible that you do like and reject the rest. You have no foundation for your beliefs. But a spirit filled Christian will know first hand that the demonic realm is real. You know who else shares my belief? Brian Head Welch. Here is someone who was completely non-Christian and living deep in sin. Yet Christ transformed him. He wasn't brainwashed and in his interviews, He will talk quite openly about Satan's attacks. It's real. Sadly, you live in deception.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2016, 04:05 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,663,224 times
If the kid follows the rules and "blends" "blend" doesn't mean "hiding", they should let them in. If they are going to run around and jam their gayness in everybody's face then the school should be allowed to toss them out.

and for no-gods sake, they are not allowed in the girls bath room. that one still floors me.

Old 09-24-2016, 08:46 AM

5,189 posts, read 5,355,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Of course you want me to forget it because your argument fails when you look at how the physical bodies were designed. Sex is a gift from God and He cleared designed intercourse as a beautiful and safe way for two opposite sexes to bond physically and emotionally. I don't need a graphic description, but the reality is that God created intercourse and that is something that homosexuals CAN NOT do.
jeff, let's assume that gods exist, even though no human knows whether or not they do.

Further, let's assume the god you believe in IS the One True God, even though there is no evidence to support this. I am willing to sincerely say: what do I really know? You may well be right in that belief.

Assuming those things, let's say God is loving, and earthly love (not just of the physical variety) is one of God's gifts.

To me, then, love is a precious commodity. Something to be cherished, fostered and celebrated wherever it is to be found between people, given that nobody is being forced, coerced, hurt, exploited, etc.

jeff--I ask you to open your heart to realize: homosexual relationships can involve far more than sex, just like heterosexual relationships or marriages.

It is true that human relationships, regardless of orientation, can sometimes be based almost purely on sex, but that is true of both homosexuals and heterosexuals alike. Promiscuity is no more inherent in a gay person than it is in a heterosexual person.

A gay person is no more prone to one night stands or promiscuity than horny hetero teens on Spring Break, or the "bachelor stud" or "loose, easy woman" who prowl for one night stands.

For most people in committed relationships, sex is a relatively minor part of the equation. Important to most, yes. But it's not as if all couples (regardless of gender makeup) do nothing but get down and dirty. Sex can be a wonderful expression of love, but isn't something most couples are engaged in a huge portion of their time together.

In my life I have had many gay friends (several of them Christians, incidentally) and both my uncle and my older sister (who is very involved in her church--choir leader, in fact) are gay. And through them I am acquainted with many more gay couples.

Not only would 100% of them tell you that being gay was not their choice, but they are all in long term, committed, monogamous relationships. Perfectly "normal" happy, well-adjusted couples and families, productive and involved in their communities.

To them, being gay is natural, just as it happens elsewhere in nature.

Aren't love and acceptance and open-heartedness good things to strive for? Understanding, and common ground?

Old 10-09-2016, 01:48 PM

21,087 posts, read 29,337,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phxone View Post
A school did prevent a student from exercising their 1st Amendment rights in the form of a sign that read "Bong Hits 4 Jesus".

Facts and Case Summary - Morse v. Frederick | United States Courts
bong is DRUG RELATED--ZERO tolerance on DRUGS...even a conservative evangelical has to see that.

Of course...maybe your church does bong hits for Jesus? If it is allowed in your church, you might have a case..

A bong (also water pipe, billy, bing, or moof) is a filtration device generally used for smoking cannabis, tobacco, or other herbal substances. In the bong shown in the photo, the gas flows from the lower port on the left to the upper port on the right.

Old 10-09-2016, 01:53 PM

21,087 posts, read 29,337,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post

My response was based on your comments suggesting that I am obsessed with gay sex or something to do that effect. We all know where you was heading with it.

I have seen God work supernaturally in church services from the messages of Paul. You have ZERO proof that they were not inspired by God.

You can stop right there by claiming that Satan is fiction. The sad reality is that you practice a watered down version of Christianity called cafeteria Christianity. You take the parts of the Bible that you do like and reject the rest. You have no foundation for your beliefs. But a spirit filled Christian will know first hand that the demonic realm is real. You know who else shares my belief? Brian Head Welch. Here is someone who was completely non-Christian and living deep in sin. Yet Christ transformed him. He wasn't brainwashed and in his interviews, He will talk quite openly about Satan's attacks. It's real. Sadly, you live in deception.
IF as you claim, sex is a gift from your god, why did Jesus say it is better for a man NOT TO MARRY? Was Jesus saying SEX is acceptable anytime?

AND, why do so many who are outside the box of your god enjoy sex? Wouldn't your god make it an unpleasant activity unless one was believing and worshiping your god?

So what is your god's opinion of masturbation?

Old 10-09-2016, 01:55 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,663,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phxone View Post
A school did prevent a student from exercising their 1st Amendment rights in the form of a sign that read "Bong Hits 4 Jesus".

Facts and Case Summary - Morse v. Frederick | United States Courts
a school prevented a student from exercising their first "amen"dment rights by not allowing "bong hits-4-Jesus." Yeah, atheism Doesn't have its share of sick, milli-mental, idiots at all.

Flat out embarrassing to be associated with this type of atheist.

next thing we will have is is "have an under aged shot for atheist" bumper stickers.

Go Team
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity