Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2016, 11:56 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,042,068 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbyrd009 View Post
superior, meaning prideful, maybe.

Then do what you are supposed to do. Take it to me privately as a brother and pray with me. You are a brother, right? I submit to prayer for anything. Peace

Last edited by Rbbi1; 10-16-2016 at 12:10 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2016, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
Yes it is---are you doing that with your judgment about those who think differently about Scripture from you? You have condemned them to hell--those people Jesus died for and thereby proved they have intrinsic worth to God.

Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship
Read more at 11 Essential Bonhoeffer Quotes | RELEVANT Magazine

Once again, you err and slander groundlessly. I have condemned no one to hell, EVER. And the WORD is what condemns you, which is all I'm sharing. And how many of my posts have you read? Clearly not the one that was on here about UR. Peace

Old 10-16-2016, 12:32 PM

3,348 posts, read 1,637,352 times
ok, i don't know about this quoting Scripture at people to condemn them, this is just judgement by any other name.

Old 10-16-2016, 04:41 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,710,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Once again, you err and slander groundlessly. I have condemned no one to hell, EVER. And the WORD is what condemns you, which is all I'm sharing. And how many of my posts have you read? Clearly not the one that was on here about UR. Peace
You haven't given anyone any reason to seek heaven either.
My WORD, died for me. If you think your "word" can do the same, nail it to a tree and see if it bleeds.
Quote:
“I discovered later, and I'm still discovering right up to this moment, that is it only by living completely in this world that one learns to have faith. By this-worldliness I mean living unreservedly in life's duties, problems, successes and failures. In so doing we throw ourselves completely into the arms of God, taking seriously, not our own sufferings, but those of God in the world. That, I think, is faith.”
Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Old 10-16-2016, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbyrd009 View Post
ok, i don't know about this quoting Scripture at people to condemn them, this is just judgement by any other name.

I share what has been made life in me, period. If it offends your flesh, take it to Him. Peace

Old 10-16-2016, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
You haven't given anyone any reason to seek heaven either.
My WORD, died for me. If you think your "word" can do the same, nail it to a tree and see if it bleeds.
Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Once again you misjudge me. You evidently didn't read my post about healing. Perhaps you should start judging yourself? I find this happens a lot with that overflowing agape love on here. That agape love of fundys just seems to lump everyone all together. Peace

Old 10-16-2016, 06:52 PM

63,795 posts, read 40,063,093 times
Quote:
You should be crying. Crying for all the people YOU might have been able to set free if you had believed the WHOLE WORD. Peace
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I love you, sister. I admit that we cannot be certain of many things that selfishness or lack of agape love or lack of conscience do NOT adequately seem to explain. You attribute it to demons and Satan, but I have trouble accepting a deliberately evil motive for evil and supernatural entities. It is so completely self-defeating and pointless. As I have asked many times without receiving an answer: " What does the devil (or demon) GET out of such pointlessness?"
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
Evil is pointless, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Why would you assume someone must get something out of human suffering for it to exist? Clearly a lot of horrible evil exists in this world. I'm just thankful I no longer attribute it to any act of God as some believers do.
Evil as I define it requires a conscious choice to commit. All evil is done BY someone for some reason. Natural occurrences and disasters are sad, tragic and awful but they are not evil, per se, because no entity is causing them. WE have Dominion here on earth by God's Sovereign Will, so only WE are capable of evil or Good.

Old 10-16-2016, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Evil as I define it requires a conscious choice to commit. All evil is done BY someone for some reason. Natural occurrences and disasters are sad, tragic and awful but they are not evil, per se, because no entity is causing them. WE have Dominion here on earth by God's Sovereign Will, so only WE are capable of evil or Good.

We lost dominion in the garden. Guess who has it now? Peace

Old 10-16-2016, 07:51 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,176,355 times
Quote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62Qfbrc1jdo

Old 10-16-2016, 08:06 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,283,016 times
Quote:
The one you YOU have not guarded your heart from .Proverbs 4 23.

We regain the garden when we are aware of Christ in us. Do you know that Christ is in you ?.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity