Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2016, 06:04 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,695,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanokh View Post
Yes such incredibly foolish questions, guess that happens when you try to undermine Gods Word. Reminds me of... Romans 1:22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
Indeed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2016, 06:06 AM

1,419 posts, read 1,050,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maat55 View Post
Define, "believes in themselves". It is ridiculous religious cult nonsense to asset that not believing there's a god leads to a person believing they are a god.
No it's not.. you make yourself the ultimate authority to decide what is true and what is not, don't you? I was Evangelising this weekend in the city where I live, and when I asked people whether or not they believed in God, people literally told me "I believe in myself", at least that was honest because that is what all unbelievers do.

No matter how much intellectual, scientific nonsense you conjure up to defend your unbelief, and how well you make up a false god of your own "intellect" and "reasoning".. you believe that your intellect and your reasoning is true and logical, and therefore the Bible must be wrong and you make God a liar and your own intellect the source of truth.

Old 10-25-2016, 06:11 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,408,675 times
Quote:
Yes such incredibly foolish questions, guess that happens when you try to undermine Gods Word. Reminds me of... Romans 1:22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
Nothing foolish about the questions. It is relevant in the here and now because if someone believes that God was moral in commanding his followers to kill others for any reason, then there is nothing stopping them from killing others if they think God is commanding them to do so.

Old 10-25-2016, 06:11 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,064,651 times
Quote:
No it's not.. you make yourself the ultimate authority to decide what is true and what is not, don't you? I was Evangelising this weekend in the city where I live, and when I asked people whether or not they believed in God, people literally told me "I believe in myself", at least that was honest because that is what all unbelievers do.

No matter how much intellectual, scientific nonsense you conjure up to defend your unbelief, and how well you make up a false god of your own "intellect" and "reasoning".. you believe that your intellect and your reasoning is true and logical, and therefore the Bible must be wrong and you make God a liar and your own intellect the source of truth.
Every person that you spoke with stated that they believe in themselves???...

Old 10-25-2016, 06:30 AM

2,186 posts, read 1,173,808 times
Quote:

You really should take off the rose colored glasses while walking through a cow pasture. You're not noticing the piles you are stepping into. While you're at it, you should have your cult pressure checked.

Btw, for god to be a liar, he would have to exist. Until you prove otherwise, the Bible is nothing more than a book written by men. If you were to take off the rosey glasses, you might see the correlation between the writers and this mythical god. Have you ever wondered why the Jews are favored? Why is it that many great men of God are killers, incestuous, adulterous, slave owners and misogynists?

Old 10-25-2016, 06:56 AM

7,381 posts, read 7,698,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I hope you are not losing any sleep wondering why God didn't turn them into salt.
Not at all because I don't believe any of these stories; however, I do worry about those who believe that their God can order them to commit atrocities, i.e. Susan Smith who said that God ordered her to kill her drown her children. If one believes that God can morally order a believer to kill others, then one cannot condemn Susan Smith, the 9/11 hijackers, or those who put "witches" to death in early New England.

Old 10-25-2016, 06:58 AM

7,381 posts, read 7,698,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
No. Why?

I did't use logic. I said it was MY OPINION.

You illogic in this whole post escapes me.
I have no doubt, I was simply pointing this out to you so you might reconsider and use logic in forming your opinions.

Old 10-25-2016, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Every person that you spoke with stated that they believe in themselves???...
Did I say that? No I said that "people" in general told me this - in other words "multiple persons" - obviously not everyone.. you should be a detective

Old 10-25-2016, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maat55 View Post
You really should take off the rose colored glasses while walking through a cow pasture. You're not noticing the piles you are stepping into. While you're at it, you should have your cult pressure checked.

Btw, for god to be a liar, he would have to exist. Until you prove otherwise, the Bible is nothing more than a book written by men. If you were to take off the rosey glasses, you might see the correlation between the writers and this mythical god. Have you ever wondered why the Jews are favored? Why is it that many great men of God are killers, incestuous, adulterous, slave owners and misogynists?
I have no doubt in your vain arrogance you are going to tell me why you think you are so incredibly right about your pseudo-intellectual pre-conceived ideas of what is right and wrong. You actually emphasized the point I was making, you believe in your own "judgment" and "righteousness" based on idolizing your own "intellect" as the standard of truth and morality.

Old 10-25-2016, 07:19 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,695,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
If you know God, then you know He did not tell these people to do the actions you mentioned - despite their claims.
Susan Smith blamed the killings on an imaginary black person. People can blame their actions on God or Santa Claus, or imaginary people, but it does not mean they are telling the truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity