Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2017, 11:26 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,060,041 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
Yes, I'm not sure why Rbbi1 didn't appear to catch on to what you said initially. I find this sound to be most unsettling. As for the rest of the video ...words fail me.

I caught what he said, I just thought it too ridiculous to comment on. He's saying something like "shoosh"; for effect, primarily. Could have just as easily been "boo", lol. That was just his choice of saying something to indicate what he was doing at that moment. G-d is not as straitlaced and pious as you think He is, so we are allowed to have fun with the gifts a little, believe it or not. He delights in us using them.

He showed me once to Him it's the same joy as seeing your child play in water and splash around. Same with tongues and hearing your child's first WORDS. He's raising up children in the WAY they should go, and He delights in it. Tongues to Him (again He showed me this, take it or leave it, I don't care), sounds just as pleasing to Him as water running over a stony creek bed with little waterfalls, does to us. In our case, the stony places of the heart are the stones the water is running over, and the water of His Spirit does exactly what natural water does over much time, ie. wear away the stones = prepare ye the way of the Lord, make STRAIGHT your path.

Seriously, I'm sorry, but you guys crack me up; looking for "monsters under the bed" and what not? Nothing personal, really, but there is a denomination I've had personal experiences with around here that is so afraid of their own shadow when it comes to things of the Spirit of G-d, just like this. They (not saying you) are so afraid of getting the wrong spirit, they'll cut their own throat between the altar (heart) and the porch (roof of their mouth) to avoid getting the right one. G-D HAS NOT GIVEN US A SPIRIT OF FEAR, so why are you so worried about getting a serpent if YOU ask for an egg?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2017, 11:40 PM

Quote:

I didn't want to ignore this. So, as a quick digress from the main topic before I get back to 'hammering' you () ...actually I am an Australian citizen (dual citizenship) but I came here in 1980 (my mother married an Australian) from the U.S. So, after 37 years my accent (even though most would regard it to be American, or often, Canadian) would possibly be termed as 'mid-Atlantic'. It is certainly not 'Australian', sadly. That said, whatever the accent, I DO speak the English 'language' ...otherwise referred to in the Bible as 'tongue'.

Hammer away Rom....the mercy seat was refined and beaten 7 times purer gold than the rest of the furnishings.

Huh....I would have expected after that many years you would sound just like them. I would pick up my cousins Arkansas drawl after only spending a month in the summers with them, when I was a kid.

I like to watch the Aussie trucker show (show name escapes me) once in awhile to see the scenery of Australia on their cross country hauls and listen to their accents. G-d help me if I lived there a year, I'd probably sound just like them and be "throwing a cow on the barbie" in no time, and then be ridiculed on my return visits back "home".

Ok, "time out" over for now.... back to wrestling with the angels (messages). Peace

Old 05-30-2017, 11:45 PM

6,804 posts, read 2,932,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
We should BOTH be so blessed as to be 1/100th as anointed as that man was in his lifetime. As for him being a mentor, I didn't have any, because I was busy listening to what HE said, and at 6 months in, He said there was no rapture as it was being taught, which this "mentor" believed in.
So, he got this one thing right. There IS no such 'rapture' as taught by some denominations ...certainly not as taught from scripture anyway. In a nutshell, according to scripture, people die. They rest (as in 'sleep') in their graves. The resurrection of the righteous is realized at Jesus' (second) coming and not before.

Quote:
But that doesn't mean I didn't recognize the hand of G-d on him and his life, and the gift of healing G-d manifested through him after healing the man himself at age 17 as he lay dying. Those sorts of things, plus an appearance of the risen Christ, tend to make a lasting impression and some out of pure gratitude will lay down their lives in thanks. He was one of them.
Well, I can't begin to tell you what to believe and who to admire but the 'discerning Spirit' within me tells me that this man was a Charlatan with a capital "C". While I have seen minor versions of the video content in smaller churches, I have never (thank God) come close to witnessing in a real church setting what is transpiring in that video ...and there are several more on YouTube. It boggles my mind to think that ANYONE could ever be 'at peace' with what could well be the equivalent of a 'demon orgy' (what would be the difference?) that is being passed off here as 'an infilling of the Holy Spirit'. Did Jesus not say in Matthew 7:22-23 ...

"Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity" . . .?

Quote:
I didn't hear any hissing in the video ...
Well, you must have selective hearing ...it's either hissing or an impression of a steam outlet valve.

Quote:
...but I sure heard it in the accuser of the brethren in your flesh. No wonder one of the first things G-d wants to take control over is our TONGUE. Peace
You know, Rbbi1 ...I had thought that you might show at least some disapproval of the video content and the madness portrayed. But you haven't. You're absolutely fine with it. So, we know what we're dealing with now and it makes any further discussion with you on the subject to be rather futile. But then, there are other readers on the forum to consider.

Old 05-30-2017, 11:59 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,413,669 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QQ4FxjNclo

Old 05-31-2017, 12:19 AM

Quote:
So, he got this one thing right. There IS no such 'rapture' as taught by some denominations ...certainly not as taught from scripture anyway. In a nutshell, according to scripture, people die. They rest (as in 'sleep') in their graves. The resurrection of the righteous is realized at Jesus' (second) coming and not before.

Well, I can't begin to tell you what to believe and who to admire but the 'discerning Spirit' within me tells me that this man was a Charlatan with a capital "C". While I have seen minor versions of the video content in smaller churches, I have never (thank God) come close to witnessing in a real church setting what is transpiring in that video ...and there are several more on YouTube. It boggles my mind to think that ANYONE could ever be 'at peace' with what could well be the equivalent of a 'demon orgy' (what would be the difference?) that is being passed off here as 'an infilling of the Holy Spirit'. Did Jesus not say in Matthew 7:22-23 ...

"Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity" . . .?

Well, you must have selective hearing ...it's either hissing or an impression of a steam outlet valve.

You know, Rbbi1 ...I had thought that you might show at least some disapproval of the video content and the madness portrayed. But you haven't. You're absolutely fine with it. So, we know what we're dealing with now and it makes any further discussion with you on the subject to be rather futile. But then, there are other readers on the forum to consider.

Rom.....I have been in Benny Hinn coliseums 6 or 7 times with no less than 25,000 people in them, plus people standing wanting to get in, and witnessed Benny "throw" the anointing to a particular area of a coliseum and the people fell backwards a row at a time until the anointing reached the very top nosebleed seats, time and time again. When the anointing was operating on Hagin, he could have said, "Jeminy Cricket" every time and they STILL would have reacted the same way, because of the presence of the Spirit expressed as the anointing.

Now I'm not advocating all Hinn teaches or all he's done: as a matter of fact I feel certain right now he's somewhat in rebellion in one area of his life over something G-d wants him to do but he doesn't want to die to self in it because he doesn't understand, but there is no arguing with the anointing of G-d on the man's ministry and the fact that if you get 25,000 people or more (he's had up to at least 250,000 that I'm aware of) praying for G-d to manifest in healing, ect., THAT'S going to get His attention as He said if my people that are called by My name will HUMBLE themselves and pray, then I will come and heal their land. What land do you think He's talking about? Just where you're standing and have citizenship?

I actually took two atheists one time; very intelligent people, degrees in advanced sciences and philosophy to boot. It was their son's 18th birthday and he was saved, and he'd been watching Hinn's crusade videos and BEGGED his parents to go. When Hinn did that, they fell backwards in their seats just like every believer in there (and we were in the nosebleed seats) and after the initial shock of it, they were crying and saying, "OMG, it's REAL, it's REAL!". They both came to the Lord as a result and started to attend church. That's called FRUIT.

Like or not, believe it or not, His Spirit is REAL, TANGIBLE, AND DEMONSTRABLE by those who have it. Man cannot stand in the presence of G-d. You simply can't, and His Spirit IS that presence. That song about what would I do I was standing face to face with Him, and then the guy goes on and on about the possibilities, you ever hear it?

Well, he obviously never has stood face to face with Him because you don't have a choice, you CAN'T STAND, I literally saw Him face to face and I couldn't stand, I just sobbed telling Him how much I loved Him. Why do you think EVERY knee is going to bow? Because they had a moment of clarity and know He's G-d? NO, because the flesh is always submissive to the Spirit when He appears. Don't you imagine Paul would have liked to stayed on his horse or mule? Not possible.

Surely you're as brave as the atheists I took with me. I know Hinn goes to Australia every few years, why not go check it out for yourself for once? And I mainly use him as an example, because he's well known, and actually has an anointing and gifts operating through him, which not many in ministries do these days. Actually, now that I think about it, I think the man I'm "grandfathered" ordained under is an Aussie. Will have to look that up; I think he's still alive, might be retired now, I don't know. Peace

Old 05-31-2017, 12:29 AM

6,804 posts, read 2,932,478 times
Quote:
Huh....I would have expected after that many years you would sound just like them. I would pick up my cousins Arkansas drawl after only spending a month in the summers with them, when I was a kid.
Temporary derail alert:

The truth is ...I don't want to sound like the 'typical' Aussie, no offense to the 'typical' Aussie. I prefer to be 'different', as you may have noticed. Actually, the Australian accent could be just another English dialect since England has so many different dialects. An 'educated' Australian, such as a TV news reporter, will sound like a true-blue English person in next to no time. In fact, sometimes I don't know who is Australian and who is English. It can be so close.

Quote:
I like to watch the Aussie trucker show (show name escapes me) once in awhile to see the scenery of Australia on their cross country hauls and listen to their accents.
I think it's called Outback Truckers. 'We' also have 'Aussie Pickers' as in 'American Pickers'. Coincidentally, both will be featured on 7mate TV (can you believe ...'mate'?) this very night, Wednesday May 31.

Quote:
G-d help me if I lived there a year, I'd probably sound just like them and be "throwing a cow on the barbie" in no time, and then be ridiculed on my return visits back "home".
You know, I've never heard anyone - ever! - in real life actually say, 'Let's throw a shrimp (or a prawn) on the barbie" as per the old Paul Hogan TV commercial. It's similar to the famous phrases that no one actually said, Captain Kirk's "Beam me up, Scotty" or Bogart's "Play it again Sam." All Close but no cigar.

* Actually, there IS still time for William Shatner to don his Captain of the Enterprise uniform (may have to be 'taken out' some!) and say, "Beam me up Scotty", just to make it authentic.

Quote:
Ok, "time out" over for now.... back to wrestling with the angels (messages). Peace
Yes, although in my last post I've all but given up on you.

Old 05-31-2017, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post

Funny. They probably added that sound effect over Hagin's video, truth be told. You can't put anything past liars and slanderers of the body, they serve their master well.

OMGosh, your flesh relentlessly wants to run with the accuser of the brethren, doesn't it? Running to and fro in the earth, seeing whom he might devour, taking silly women/souls laden with lusts (for the things of the flesh) captive with him. Have a go at it, wear yourself out, keep running. Just making it easier for Him to catch you when the time comes. Peace

(And YES, I know you're saved; NOT what I'm talking about)

Last edited by Rbbi1; 05-31-2017 at 12:48 AM..

Old 05-31-2017, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Temporary derail alert:

The truth is ...I don't want to sound like the 'typical' Aussie, no offense to the 'typical' Aussie. I prefer to be 'different', as you may have noticed. Actually, the Australian accent could be just another English dialect since England has so many different dialects. An 'educated' Australian, such as a TV news reporter, will sound like a true-blue English person in next to no time. In fact, sometimes I don't know who is Australian and who is English. It can be so close.

I think it's called Outback Truckers. 'We' also have 'Aussie Pickers' as in 'American Pickers'. Coincidentally, both will be featured on 7mate TV (can you believe ...'mate'?) this very night, Wednesday May 31.

You know, I've never heard anyone - ever! - in real life actually say, 'Let's throw a shrimp (or a prawn) on the barbie" as per the old Paul Hogan TV commercial. It's similar to the famous phrases that no one actually said, Captain Kirk's "Beam me up, Scotty" or Bogart's "Play it again Sam." All Close but no cigar.

* Actually, there IS still time for William Shatner to don his Captain of the Enterprise uniform (may have to be 'taken out' some!) and say, "Beam me up Scotty", just to make it authentic.

Yes, although in my last post I've all but given up on you.

Ok....well actually that does make sense sort of as far as the newscasters go, since Australia still has ties to England and England seems to be the "standard" for everything that their former colonies want to live up to, in a manner of speaking. Just like newscasters here no matter what part of the country you're listening to one in nearly, all seem to speak with no accent at all. They must all sort of get "groomed" to please the companies they work for.

Yeah, that's the name of it. Never heard of Aussie Pickers, although I have watched the American version. I like to "upscale" things I find at flea markets, ect., sometimes, so I can relate some to what they're doing. I was hunting antiques at age 18, ever the "rebel" in one way or another, lol...got ridiculed by peers for that, at the time. They just didn't "get" it. Had I kept all I collected from back then, plus what I inherited from a 98 year old grandmother decades later who never threw away anything that belonged to family members a hundred years before her that SHE was given, I could have sold it all for a nice piece of change. But needs change, tastes change, lives change, and money is the least of it.

Really? So someone in advertising is misrepresentin' y'all? SURELY not.

Well, they better do it fast, Shatner is getting long in the tooth as we speak, poor guy. But then I preferred the classic show. It was very cleverly written I thought, to include a lot of moral and social issues displayed in such a way as to not offend for the most part. Spock's recently gone, though.

Aw, don't despair Rom, He's working overtime right now on all of us. Peace

Old 05-31-2017, 06:06 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,440,399 times
Rbbi....don't get us started on cousins in Arkansas!

Old 05-31-2017, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Rbbi....don't get us started on cousins in Arkansas!

Hey now.....I LOVE my Razorback cousins.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity