Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2017, 10:09 PM

4,345 posts, read 2,166,420 times

Advertisements

List your reasons........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2017, 10:42 PM

33,230 posts, read 26,455,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
List your reasons........
I'm qualified to go to heaven for one reason only. The same and only reason that anyone else is qualified to go to heaven. That reason is that when I simply trusted in Christ Jesus for eternal life I was imputed with the perfect righteousness of Jesus and eternal life was imparted to my soul giving me the both the life and the righteousness which allows me to have an eternal relationship with God.

Romans chapters 3 through 5 addresses the issue of justification and righteousness through faith in Jesus.

Old 05-06-2017, 11:01 PM

1,190 posts, read 1,027,034 times
Yes. Heaven is just a location. Apostle Paul calls us travelers or veabonds here on earth. Sort of like Tourists, we don't fit in really.

The reason we deserve it is because Christ died for us, allowing his blood to cover our sins and Christ imputing his righteousness in us so we can be viewed as HOLY just as Christ is HOLY. As the Father is HOLY. As poster Mike said already

So we are ALREADY HOLY because though we are alive in the flesh, we have ALREADY died with Christ and RISEN (new birth) with CHRIST. We do not belong here on earth though there will be 144 thousand who will be here. Most will not. We are also NOT judged for past sins because we are ALREADY deemed holy by God. We can sin but we are no longer SINNERS but have a new title called SAINTS.

Ephesians 2

2 And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;
2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:
3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.
4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,
5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved
6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

I cut and pasted this ^^^ from Bible Gateway yet after I pasted it and posted, it showed an winky emoji.
There's a trickster at Bible Gateway lol

Old 05-07-2017, 12:09 AM

1,613 posts, read 1,028,873 times
No one 'deserves' anything. ....It's a great question though, how it is worded, because it illustrates the nonsense of un-thought-through entitlement that fundies and the salvation narrative conjour up. I.e. the nonsense of the narrative is that it is based in works, someone doing something for us, 'saving' us - where the truth is, as He IS, so ARE we. 'deserves' is rooted in a works and entitlement philosophy and belies the reality of our BEING. In Him we live and move and HAVE our being. The answer of whether our beliefs matter that much in absolute terms starts with that, just being.

Old 05-07-2017, 12:34 AM

1,190 posts, read 1,027,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Age-enduring View Post
No one 'deserves' anything. ....It's a great question though, how it is worded, because it illustrates the nonsense of un-thought-through entitlement that fundies and the salvation narrative conjour up. I.e. the nonsense of the narrative is that it is based in works, someone doing something for us, 'saving' us - where the truth is, as He IS, so ARE we. 'deserves' is rooted in a works and entitlement philosophy and belies the reality of our BEING. In Him we live and move and HAVE our being. The answer of whether our beliefs matter that much in absolute terms starts with that, just being.
So you don't think Ephesians 2 is applicable meaning it doesn't mean we DESERVE to be risen up with Christ, even though we are HOLY??

Ephesians 2

And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

Old 05-07-2017, 03:24 AM

9,690 posts, read 10,020,758 times
No one deserve to go to heaven , as all have sinned and fallen short to enter into heaven were there is eternal life , but through Jesus Christ which God prepared has sacrificed His life so people can surrender their lives to Jesus and turn from sin through faith can receive the blessing of God`s eternal life ......Apart from Jesus Christ and His redemption there is no other way to know God and to enter into heaven after life .......... So every one who follows this plan of God deserves Heaven

Old 05-07-2017, 04:06 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,038,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyDrew1 View Post
Yes. Heaven is just a location. Apostle Paul calls us travelers or veabonds here on earth. Sort of like Tourists, we don't fit in really.
So, you originally came from heaven?...

Old 05-07-2017, 04:08 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,038,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
No one deserve to go to heaven , as all have sinned and fallen short to enter into heaven were there is eternal life , but through Jesus Christ which God prepared has sacrificed His life so people can surrender their lives to Jesus and turn from sin through faith can receive the blessing of God`s eternal life ......Apart from Jesus Christ and His redemption there is no other way to know God and to enter into heaven after life .......... So every one who follows this plan of God deserves Heaven
Not all have fallen short...

Old 05-07-2017, 05:22 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Why wouldn't we deserve to be in heaven ? . We know from what Jesus said that the will of the Father is being done there. So for me it's nothing to do with deserving, it's about the will of God. What God desires as already been done, and the reason we don't see it is because we don't believe it.

Old 05-07-2017, 05:24 AM

1,613 posts, read 1,028,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyDrew1 View Post
So you don't think Ephesians 2 is applicable meaning it doesn't mean we DESERVE to be risen up with Christ, even though we are HOLY??

Ephesians 2

And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:
Oh yes, I absolutely believe it applies, but probably for a different reason - that it is Christ, the truth, Who has reconciled us to the Father. And that truth and meaning of reconciliation is that there is no separation from Father - the separation is the darkened heart of man. If one thinks about the idea of sin and repentance, one realises that it is not sorrow for sin that draws us to the Father, but conviction of a higher and greater RIGHTEOUSNESS that we want to partake of and receive an impartation of - that is what draws people - the love of the Father.

You can have your blood, and your sacrifices - I'm not saying that didn't happen, or Bible bashers don't enjoy telling people to repent from their sin, but I'm telling you, in the Holy Ghost, it is not that that draws people. It is Fathers desire for ALL to know and live and move in Him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity